Another photo taken with the eventual new Samsung Nexus phone GT-I9260 appears
0. phoneArena 28 Sep 2012, 07:28 posted on
Since we haven't heard anything more substantial about upcoming Nexus device(s) this year, it's everyone's hope that this I9260, also rumored to be called Premiere, will be the second Galaxy Nexus device from Samsung...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
I really hope it's an OMAP 5 processor and a non-Pentile Super AMOLED just like on the Galaxy Note 2.
2. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
OMAP 5 processor on the next nexus device that might be released later this year is so much impossible, given the fact that as was said by TI, they're just in the phase far from mass production. This might have a tegra processor or exynos, but TI's OMAP 4 can't be disregarded. Maybe a couple of overclocked OMAP 4 cores and 1 or 2 GB of RAM. :)
9. remixfa (Posts: 14226; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Actually, that statement was clarified and expanded by TI. PHONE ARENA JUST HASNT RUN THE STORY!!! (HINT HINT PA)
TI has no intentions of getting out of the phone business. The OMAP5 A15 is still scheduled for early 2013 release. It is just expanding its business to include other forms of mobile use like in cars and such.
Our worries of TI leaving were just a misquote. We can all breathe a sigh of relief. :)
Told ya they wouldnt leave us. lol
13. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
I already have read that. They're expanding to other industry but doesn't mean that they're done with mobile devices. Actually, they'll not just focus on mobile devices but haven't said that they're done with this industry.
"embedded applications such as automotive, industrial, enterprise communication, vision and robotics, to grow the OMAP footprint beyond mobile".
Also, I said that OMAP 5 in a nexus device(which might come later this year) is impossible.
11. predator93 (Posts: 122; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
TI recently said that the OMAP 5 will be released around early 2013.
16. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
I know I already read that but nothing is wrong with a little of wishful thinking.
5. cheetah2k (Posts: 889; Member since: 16 Jan 2011)
I saw a statement from TI this week indicating they were exiting the mobile tablet / smartphone market..
7. MeoCao (unregistered)
TI is quitting mobile so OMAP is not a good choice. Tegra or Snapdragon are much better.
3. eisenbricher (Posts: 972; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
lol that desk perfectly matches with the standard setup used in my company. I doubt some of the Samsung testing carried out in India?
6. Jonathan41 (Posts: 532; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
I wish they would take a pic of the actual phone
26. dontdothat (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Sep 2012)
they should take a picture of themself taking the picture. make it high megapixel so we can zoom in the device. :P
8. wendygarett (unregistered)
I'm an Apple Lover but...
May I praise this photo taken is cool and sharp, without hurting fandroid's feelings?
14. 09wbd03516 (banned) (Posts: 140; Member since: 30 May 2012)
Yes you may wendy, But a red thumb for the word 'apple lover'
10. Aeires (unregistered)
Nexus version of the Note 2 would make my day. Any 5.5" screen Nexus for that matter.
12. remixfa (Posts: 14226; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
if its at 3mpx resolution it better either be the front camera or a low rez test with the back camera.
No reason to have anything less than an 8mpx on the back at this point.
15. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6806; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I wish Google give another manufacturer to make another NEXUS phone
28. bluexperia (Posts: 40; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
i would like sony... wondering what design will be given to the nexus...
18. The_Innovation (Posts: 574; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
That's one boring water bottle.
This picture is better than the last supposed one though.
20. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1110; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
OMAP5, 5inch screen, 2gb ram, 12mp camera, jb 4.1.2, 3000 maH battery, 2mp front cam, kevlar or aluminum body....take my money!
21. rasinhussy (Posts: 87; Member since: 28 Dec 2008)
The iPhone 4S & 5 still take a better picture.
23. The_Innovation (Posts: 574; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
Thank Sony for that, but who cares?
24. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4130; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Oh really? I would've never guessed with the 3 MP resolution of this new photo, that the 8 MP Sony cameras would've taken a better picture. Thanks for the enlightenment! /s
25. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
are we listing what will take a better pic rather then just commenting on the quality of this one
ok well the n8 and 808 will take better pics, couple sonys will too, all of which beat the iphone's hands down
22. The_Innovation (Posts: 574; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
The color of the wall hints that this was taken in a Google office.