Another Windows Phone 8 rumor points to October 1st release
1. Whodaboss (Posts: 166; Member since: 18 Nov 2011)
I suppose for some it matters if Microsoft releases WP8 before or after iOS5 release, but to me it doesn't matter one bit. I'm getting the best available WP8 device available; iOS5 is not even a consideration.
2. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 4579; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
I guess you were talking about iOS 6 not 5. :)
3. Whodaboss (Posts: 166; Member since: 18 Nov 2011)
That's how far iOS is off my radar. Forgive my ignorance. It's WP device or bust at this point. But thanks for pointing out my shortcomings. :) That's a thumbs up for you!
6. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
and i think nokia with pureview tech and a new design polycarbonate body will be the best WP8 device!
9. RichieRich379 (Posts: 21; Member since: 23 Mar 2012)
if nokia did not put some type of pureview technology on their first wp8 phone, they just dropped the ball. nokia, wp8 needs a heavy hitting phone in order to succeed
11. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
yeah... and will put iPhone and android royalties to dust!
they need to produce something amazing!
5. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i'm really looking forward on what WP8 and BB10 can bring...
i really want some competition!!! iOS and android is dominating but i hate that only both of them!! i want WP8 and BB10 to have equal shares in the market!
i really wonder why Microsoft is still not releasing the OS to manufacturers... i guess there are still bugs...
and i really hope Microsoft wont stick only to one chip maker which is qualcomm.. i hope to see Tegra, ST Ericson, Exynos and TI chips too... and for cheaper chips MediaTek i guess...
i wish BB10 and WP8 the best1 :)
7. Reui79 (Posts: 1; Member since: 13 Aug 2012)
hopefully the rumors are true, can only contain the excitement for short period of time.
8. snowgator (Posts: 3149; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
It is going to be released in that timeframe. It may be about October 1st, or it may be closer to November.
When it gets released does not matter nearly as much as the support it gets at its release. I find it hard to believe WP 8 doesn't improve in sales so long as the launch and the promotion are effective.
I am excited. WP 8 is a serious upgrade, should put it in the same league as the big boys, and have some fun hardware. Color me ready.
10. JC557 (Posts: 677; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
Sounds good, I can't wait to see the final software and phones. Let's just hope Verizon finally starts carrying a variety of Windows Phone devices.
12. Glim12808 (Posts: 385; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I have no problems with Android and iOS, I like them both. But at this point, I only have eyes for WP8. The turn around for me happened last December 2011 when I bought my first ever Windows Phone in the WP7.5 HTC Radar. Now, it's Windows Phone all the way for me. I hope the first WP8 devices get released sooner rather than later!
13. SemperFiV12 (Posts: 541; Member since: 09 Nov 2010)
I could care less about a date... Soon enough, it will come. As long as Verizon and Sprint and T-Mo get some love!! AT&T can't remain the only carrier with bomb phones!