Another AT&T Sunday: HTC One X cut in price to $99.99, red Samsung Galaxy S III available online
0. phoneArena 29 Jul 2012, 13:29 posted on
A rumor that started on Friday about a price drop for the HTC One X down to $99.99 on contract, is now official; battling the Samsung Galaxy S III for Android supremacy, the price cut gives the HTC flagship an advantage in price...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. sena7 (Posts: 26; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
HTC One X at $99 is a great value. Arguably a better phone than the SGSIII and a tempting alternative for those waiting for an Iphone.
Odd timing considering the recent launch of the Atrix HD though.
3. abdane (Posts: 475; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
" a better phone than the SGSIII " in what ways is it better ??? its more iPhoneish... non removable battery, no sd card slot, and no android true multitasking... its not better than the GS3 in anyways ;)
12. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
i agree with most of your statements.
but more iphoneish? shouldn't that be galaxy s III touchwiz?
19. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
The only thing the OneX can possibly be better than the GS3 is in screen color reproduction, and that is very suggestive.
22. MeoCao (unregistered)
I think both phones are great in different ways. 1X has better screen and will be updgraded to JB soon.
But we have choices and that's great.
2. robocopvn (Posts: 180; Member since: 10 Mar 2010)
without micro-SD slot, I prefer S3 than One X :D
4. Noray402 (Posts: 7; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
Will the red version be available at Radio Shack? They still selling the s3 for $150 and making it Red seals the deal for me.
5. ObjectivismFTW (Posts: 211; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
This phone is definitely not better than the GS3, but at 99$, it's a better value. I wonder how this will fit in with Atrix HD, however, considering the OX one ups it at just about every spec.
Then there's the 4S....
6. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6429; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I don't buy phones that doesn't have SD CARD. AT&T only drop the price to give people a option to buy the ONE X since the GS III is the top seller right now. and I could care less bout drop box it doesn't support avi, wmv, dvix video files. plus i don't want to pay extra for more GB
13. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
just get moboplayer from play store and all the files will be supported
21. Forsaken77 (Posts: 547; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
Did you ever consider that maybe HTC wanted the price lowered to better compete with the GS3? Since the S3 came out, HTC probably sold very few phones, being they were the same price as the S3. Motorola got the shaft though, being the Atrix HD will now suffer low sales with the 1X at the same price.
7. sena7 (Posts: 26; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
There could certainly be a case made that the One X is the better phone than the SGSIII. To some consumers, the One X's superior screen, build quality, and more mature looking UI would make the One X a better phone.
There are a lot of factors that go into making a phone desirable and that varies between consumers. I think it's a blessing that we have a market in which no two phones are completely identical.
15. ObjectivismFTW (Posts: 211; Member since: 03 Jul 2012)
I consider the GS3 to be better than the OX for a few reasons.
1) Expandable Storage
2) Removable Battery, Bigger Battery
3) HTC's UI may be more sleek(sorta), but Touch Wiz has shed it's childish skin, and offers much many more features than the Sense 4, which is still hindered by slowdown and a god-awful alternative to native 4.0 multitasking.
4) This is more of a split, but why not: The OX screen may be a tidy bit sharper(really only when you look up close), but colors are livelier on the GS3, and although you can argue that the user prefers natural color tones, you cannot argue that AMOLED has a clear improvement in deep blacks.
5) Galaxy Devices has almost always been the optimal choice for Android users who value fluidity and consistency. The One X may be a good step-up for HTC, but there are still an unhealthy amount of slowdowns present in Sense.
6) Although the S3 utilizes lower-grade materials(not really, because it uses the same poly-carbonate exterior, but the hyper-glaze coating makes it feel like plastic), the S3 is designed with superior ergonomics, the tapered edges and reduced bezel make it easy to hold for people with average sized hands, like me, despite it's massive 4.8 inch screen.
8. teknoswag (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
Htc beginning to panic amid strong SG3 sales. They cant seem to shake their bad reputation despite releasing a solid Android device.
9. smallworld (Posts: 438; Member since: 13 Jul 2012)
I guess sales have been disappointing...
10. JGuinan007 (Posts: 633; Member since: 19 May 2011)
2 things killed sales for the HTC One X 1. No removable battery 2. No expandable memory. Had it had this I would have bought 2 for my wife and myself.
11. networkdood (Posts: 6267; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Now, if only AMAZON ran that 1c sale on all smartphones, again....
14. darkvadervip (Posts: 312; Member since: 08 Dec 2010)
I'm waiting on the wp8 phones or buy the iphone 5. But if I had to choose I would take HTC over Samsung any day. HTC has a better build phone.
16. Intake (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 May 2012)
Was neto. Went into radioshack to get one for my GF whom i couldnt convince the SGS3 was better. Ended up paying 69.99, once i gave them an old flip phone i had lying around for 30 bucks. Made me feel much better about letting her get this guy. hehe
17. bigsimpd (Posts: 35; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
First the red sg3 is in stores today also not just online I took my blue one back and got the red one today and it is beautiful. So if you don't want to purchase online walk into your At&t store and get yours you won't be disappointed except for paying the restocking fee but it's all good. So change that phone Arena its in stores also
18. bigsimpd (Posts: 35; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
ITS IN STORES ALSO NOT JUST ONLINE GOT MINE TODAY BEAUTIFUL, PHONE
20. lpratas (Posts: 99; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
And there is pormenor that you didn't told yet. The expandable memory format EXFAT. In addition to take 64GB micro sd sdxc, it has the EXFAT licence. What allows you in a micro sd like this or even in the internal memory you use files like videos or games with a size bigger than 4GB. For example i think you can put a film taked from a BluRay dual-layer, approximately 50GB, to watch in the galaxy S III. And you can play a game bigger than 4GB. For hackers a game like UT 2004 or even UT 3 if the graphics allow it, in this case, i think yes, the Adreno 225 has enough power for it.