Annoyed by the iPhone 5 purple lens flare issue? This case can fix it
0. phoneArena 11 Oct 2012, 06:20 posted on
Although Apple finds it completely normal, the purple tint present on some photos taken with the iPhone 5 can be pretty annoying. The imperfection appears in the corner of the image whenever a light source is near the edge of the camera's viewfinder. Could there be a cheap and easy way to take care of it?...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
But I want that purple tint... Wish me luck to get this feature :)
14. doejon (Posts: 357; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
u don´t need luck u will get it without luck lol
rubber ring for $24,95? made outta gold?
22. Vinayakn73 (Posts: 141; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
instead of this i will cover it with condom it also has a rubber
15. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1145; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
and i thought iphone should be the best on everything....
21. Vinayakn73 (Posts: 141; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
go and get a iPhone 5 this feature is free with it.
ha but don't say that iphone has purple haze otherwise iphonearena will block you for 1 week from posting comments.l
27. Connie.Linghus (banned) (Posts: 32; Member since: 14 Aug 2012)
I thought the "Purple rAiN" feature was an hommAge to Prince; coming up on the 30th Anniversary of his hit Album?
28. kellkeezy (Posts: 57; Member since: 17 Dec 2011)
Connie.linghus who are you this is the second post, that I just had to sit back, and think
3. sethyvball (Posts: 46; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
GREAT! More accesories to buy! Not that the iPhone itself is not expensive enough.
12. eisenbricher (Posts: 971; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Yeah.. what a disaster! A rubber ring for $25?!
1. Cut a rubber tube from old tyre in small circular shape
2. Poke a hole in it somehow. You can use heated nails or soldering gun.
3. Use instaglue to paste it around that 'sapphire' embedded in aluminium slab.
Voila! We are done :)
16. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1145; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
they use "high quality rubber" there.. lol
20. -box- (Posts: 3819; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Or go to a hardware store and buy a rubber o-ring and glue it in place. Will cost only a few cents. Or, better idea, don't buy such a gimmicky problematic device
4. cr8tive007 (Posts: 53; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
of course apple thinks it's normal... what a bunch of crap.
25. redsox420 (Posts: 90; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
Its always the users fault. Same thing with the 4 and the "antenna" issue and now with the iphoney 5, maps and purple flare. Whats next?..
The Maps ordeal was also the users fault. They weren't holding the maps properly. Big Fruity never does anything wrong, like the GOP in America, its ALWAYS the users or the public' fault.
Big Fruity is a joke of a company. imaxipad mini? LMAO hope its close in size & shape to any other 7 or 7.7 tab (Sammy I'm lQQking right at you)
FYI Big Fruity, your iphoneys are NOT for everyone, well except for the small handed & small minded folks who like to be told what their device should look like without being able to customize. Big Fruity controls the users interface & experience. No widgets, only icons & folders? LMAO again..
I have exactly 1, yes UNO, ONE icon visible on my all my panels on my Samsung Infuse and the rest are only widgets. Can you use Go Launcher, ADW or any of the 3 party launchers for the iphoney? Sadly no!! Can you get the Amazon Appstore for the iphoney? Again NO.. You can shop on Amazon, but not on the apps market.. How sad is that! Can you use 3rd party apps on your iphoney? imaxipads? NO NO NO.. Again what a socialist company Big Fruity has become. No choices.
39. jroc74 (Posts: 4933; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I wanna know the million dollar question:
Do we call it an issue or not? A case fixes the issue.....thats not an issue....
In my book...thats called an issue...I dont care how common it is.
5. cr8tive007 (Posts: 53; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
they also consider the light leak a feature.... it's also a flashlight!
6. wando77 (Posts: 299; Member since: 23 Aug 2012)
So they bang on about the great design of the iPhone but in order for it not to get all scratched and for the camera to work properly you have to stick a case on it...... does it matter about that metal and glass body now?
7. amirlukmanhisyam (Posts: 40; Member since: 26 Jun 2012)
every single hardware need add-on
that is what a "superb" phone need
More Add-ons in order to overcome the "over-features" stuff
9. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Keep them adding ... 24.95(stop-light-ning) , 29.95 (lightning) and more to come.
26. redsox420 (Posts: 90; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
Not to mention that there is a issue now with older istuff not working with the new icables. LOL here comes more cash for Big Fruity and more needless accessories for the fantwinks. When will they learn? NEVER.
Brand loyalty is hard to shake in America. We are such sticklers for what we like. A majority stick with the tried and true, yet those of us who once used Big Fruitys products and have since stopped know the headaches they cause. Big Fruitys stuff is overpriced Chinese junk made with Samsung Parts.
Without Steve Hand Jobs Big fruity is going to flounder. This latest incarnation of the iphoney is the worst move they could have made. Only enlarging the screen by .5 inches isn't a "game-changer" its a reality check for the eyesheep that maybe its time to look at something better.
LG & Samsung are the 2 best makers on the planet today. For me the Note 2 can't be beat for its versatility not to mention the 5.5 inch screen, S-Pen etc.
10. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4068; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
iPhone 5, the best smartphone to date. You just need to buy 5 different accessories to make basic functions work properly, it's your fault for not buying them. (:
11. FranksGT (Posts: 167; Member since: 29 Aug 2012)
To the morons who do the camera comparisons on here. They take 100 pictures with the Iphone and pick the best one, as with the others they just take 1.
13. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5850; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
Glad to see some entrepreneur took me up on my suggestion. All that is needed is a lens hood, which they seem to be delivering. Pro (and advanced hobby) photographers have used lens hoods for years to cut down on flare.
17. SonyXperiaNexus (Posts: 374; Member since: 01 Oct 2012)
When has there been an iphone after 3GS which didnt have problems that had to be solved using accessories like this? the 4 had antenna problems - solution - get a plastic cover and now the five doesnt just need it because it scratches easily but also because of the camera. Premium handsets my foot. all the iphone has been is a source of profit for companies who make iphone covers. completely ruins the feel if the device - rediculous
19. Astro551 (Posts: 45; Member since: 18 Dec 2011)
yep purple tint s very normal. just like how every other smartphone camera suffers from it /sarcasm (just in CASE)
23. lyndon420 (Posts: 1761; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Time for apple to issue another round of bumpers...lol.
24. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 968; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
meh apple's mistake was rushing their phone out when they could've waited another month till holiday season
29. oying24 (Posts: 48; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
same old cry android fans..anyways, bashing iphone is really a stupid move i guess.. like what i said,if the iphone had prblem,its not ur business anymore right?bashing iphone cant make ur android better..u might just sound stupid jealous.sorry for my word.. and btw,if somebody bought an iphone,its their money, not urs..so better place urself in the right track.. peace ya'll.
43. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
so no one is allowed to point out the facts, basically your saying when there's a problem with the iphone no one can call them on it. get a grip this is a phone site for everyone to discuss phones and problems, features etc
besides when a company's that arrogant to proclaim there mapping sevice as the best when it was even close they deserve criticism
same with this, this isnt normal only. apple claim that so they can continue this false image that there phones perfect. its always the customers who have to work around the mess apple make
and why do you assume its only those who use android that comment on this?
30. sudbury78 (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
I am waiting for the consumer reports article showing all high end handsets including your precious galaxy has hazing issues so I can LIGHT THIS THREAD UP with haha and told you so and what is your excuse now. Again. will never beat apple. Winner winner chicken dinner.
44. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
weird my nokia 808 doesn't have this purple haze crap, my n8 nope didnt either, satio didnt, n95 didnt, my old motorola dext didnt weird that aint it
get a damn grip you sad little ifan, its not normal its an excuse so apple dont have to admit they screwed up. the average camera on the iphone 5 shouldn't have this problem.
ohh and apple have been beat over and over in pretty much every single way. you wont be lighting this thread up, for one you dont seem smart enough to have your own opinion you just follow what apple say.
31. Fallout09 (Posts: 417; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
I see a trend here..... iPhone has antana issues.... fix it with a bumper.... iPhone has scuffs and scratches.... fix it with a bumper..... iPhone has purple tint in camera..... fix it with a bumper..... Apperently the iPhone needs a bumper to function as intended.
33. The_Innovation (Posts: 562; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
To be fair, this isn't the same picture. Seems like he waited for the sun to change direction, or get blocked by clouds or what not, and took the second picture.
34. ambrown (Posts: 29; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Funny how the aftermarket has to step in once again to fix a problem Apple won't...hmm rubber bumpers anyone?
35. Nachoz (Posts: 5; Member since: 29 Oct 2011)
It just goes to show that every iPhone problem can be fixed with a case :)
36. Googlethis (Posts: 170; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
geeeze apple I am starting to think that this is all one big seem to squeeze the most money out of your customers. so we need a nother map to download another case or what ever this is so the camara works properly. Lets see what all they need for there phone to work by the end of the year.
37. shirtlessrabbit4 (Posts: 39; Member since: 07 Oct 2012)
Hey I sure love the "premium build quality" that's even better with a bulky and cheap plastic case! And 25 bucks? More than glad to spend 325 on such a phone!
38. downphoenix (Posts: 2357; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
Apple's phone design issues always seem to be fixed by a case. Iphone 4 signal issues? A case. Purple Lens Flare in the 5? Case.