Angry Birds Space isn't coming to Windows Phone: the repercussions
0. phoneArena 23 Mar 2012, 08:16 posted on
Angry Birds Space is impressive - we loved the new ideas and galactic surroundings for the birds versus pigs conflict, but what we don’t like is the confirmation that the game won’t arrive…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
20. Henrik (Posts: 141; Member since: 18 Feb 2012)
NEWS UPDATE: Angry Birds Space is coming to Windows Phone after all, despite the earlier articles. New confirmation from the developers here:
11. eDiesel (Posts: 141; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
And somebody said windows was the future.....HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA.
22. Henrik (Posts: 141; Member since: 18 Feb 2012)
You must be a very boring guy in real life :/
2. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1428; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
no windows phone till they get google maps
15. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Let's see. The article is about whether or not people will want to buy windows phones if the developers aren't keen on making apps for that OS.
His comment about not getting a windows phone until they get Google Maps seems pretty relevant to me considering he's talking about the fact that he doesn't want a phone based on the fact that certain a certain app is not available.
17. Contreramanjaro (Posts: 153; Member since: 04 Dec 2011)
Honestly, put side by side, I prefer bing maps. I have an HTC Design 4G and my friend has an HTC Arrive, whenever we need to find something, Bing and the local scout thing usually beat me. Same network and all. Google Earth on Android is pretty sweet though.
3. aphrophyre (Posts: 23; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
XNA is the base of WP7 and XBLA. Build for XBLA, back port to WP7. Its a relatively simple 2D game, how bad could the tradeoff of not having native coding support be?
Microsoft already set a baseline for them with their involvement in the original WP7 port. They are just being lazy now. They have more than enough money/resources to invest in the XBOX ecosystem.
23. DIYguy (Posts: 190; Member since: 27 Feb 2011)
It's about money ;) Rovio wants ms or nokia to pay them for taking angry birds space to wp7
5. speckledapple (Posts: 891; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Whether or not this is a sound decision depends largely on the reason why experience does not always translate for all platforms. Consumers are the ones who lose out because they are not given the things they may want regardless of the platform. Time will tell in this decision but I think that I have had it up to here with developers and their unwillingness to support OS of that caliber.
6. naveenstuns (Posts: 172; Member since: 19 Feb 2012)
actually news from other sources says that it will come to windows 8 metro ui
7. andro. (Posts: 1986; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
Its no surprise as the current windows marketplace is poor in comparison to its ios & android comepetitiors so developers are starting to over look it. Windows phones sales are quite poor in general all along despite nokias claims on high sales distorting the truth and basically these consistent low sales means devolopers simply won't develop games for the platform as the buyer base is so low.
Seeing as we rarely have someone wanting to buy a windows phone instore its no major setback but news like this certainly means we have little chance of selling the stockpile of unsold windows phones we have now.
Nokia unfortunately for them have put all their eggs in the wrong basket
14. Pdubb (Posts: 239; Member since: 08 Aug 2011)
Where do you work? Maybe at Sprint! I would not buy the Arrive but the Titan II is on my radar as well as the Focus S. Also Nokia has one low end phone for sale in the US at the moment, who knows what will happen when they finally release a decent phone in the US. I have an Android on Sprint that I am less than excited about anymore so I am waiting to be thrilled. Someone anyone entertain me!
18. Contreramanjaro (Posts: 153; Member since: 04 Dec 2011)
No love for the Arrive? It's actually a pretty great phone.
8. PAPINYC (banned) (Posts: 2315; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
It's really sad about Windows Mobile, WP7, WM7, Peach, Mango or whatever it wants to call itself these days; I would probably still have a Windows Mobile Smartphone if it were not for its' progressive devolution.
And, yes, WP7 is still a "Mobile" platform and, therefore, Windows Mobile.
13. Pdubb (Posts: 239; Member since: 08 Aug 2011)
That however is not the name! Is it Apple mobile? or Android mobile? It is Windows Phone 7. The current OS is Mango, the next OS version is Tango. It may have poor sales but you cannot change the name because you do not like it.
10. pongkie (Posts: 508; Member since: 20 Aug 2011)
uh ohh just when apollo is in my mind then this happened
12. kareivis (Posts: 34; Member since: 23 Jan 2012)
Angry Birds Space WILL come for WP7 aswell!!!
16. Jericho (Posts: 302; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
windows phone is going to be the third horse in the os war wait till apollo. And i would love to tell you that i told you so.
19. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5673; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
this is part of why it's hard to let myself be lured in by Windows Phone.
21. -RVM- (Posts: 331; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Angry Birds Space IS coming to WP. I wonder how long will take PA to inform about it.