Angels In The Sky brings Unreal Engine 4 aerial combat to iOS
0. phoneArena 18 Aug 2014, 09:39 posted on
Nothing like cutting-edge graphics to help sell a game, right? Angels In The Sky, an Unreal Engine 4 powered iOS title, is a futuristic aerial combat "simulator" with an obscene amount of graphical effects and everything else a game in that genre needs to offer...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3534; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Seriously? You're jealous for something as sh*tty as this? lmao
Or sarcasm maybe I dunno I hope so.
5. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 853; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
Smartphones and tablets can't bring you a better gaming experience than pc or console. I don't have an ios device but i'm not jealous, in the other side i'm proud having a pc.
7. aayupanday (Posts: 572; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
PC Rules in Gaming and will keep on doing so...
28. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
If you're talking about personal gaming then yes, PC. But in terms of the entire gaming experience, community, and unlimited plethora of games, CONSOLE is far more superior.
42. vincelongman (Posts: 3472; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
IMO the PC experience is far better consoles
Better community (and more mature/skilled)
Far cheaper games (bundles and constant sales)
More games (and wider variety)
Better graphics and framerates
And mods, barely any console games allow mods
12. neela_akaash (Posts: 999; Member since: 05 Aug 2014)
Carry your pc in your pocket at the subway....
29. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
PS Vita. If you do not know already, look into the PS Vita with PS4 and how they are made to work together. It's truly and outstanding gaming experience.
41. vincelongman (Posts: 3472; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Also Nvidia Shield or Shield Tablet
Nvidia has port some PC games to Android, they are nearly graphically as good as the 360/PS3
54. livyatan (Posts: 867; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Btw, good racing and flight games are abundant on mobile, and are absolutely at home with gyroscopic controls.
I've played Real Racing 3, the most played and profitable race game on the planet, for 150 hours, and know people who have done so for up to 500 hours.
Galaxy on Fire 2 beats any space game on vita or.. 3DS(LOL) by a landslide.
And Sky Gamblers is brilliant too
55. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3534; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
You just made me lose my faith in future of gaming.
You seem to only care for graphics if you say 3DS is a joke. Games are not about graphics (or rather they should not be). It's about the innovative gameplay and fun/interesting story and good controls.
Gyroscopic controls ideal for racing games? Lmfao. It's a gimmick. It's inaccurate and on a phone its hard because screen moves in fron of you. Good example is Mariokart on Wii or Wii U. There is a poasibility to use motion controls, but in reality none of the better players actually uses them.
I've played RR3 a little too. I admit that the graphics are pretty good for mobile. But the controls are horrible and physics/dynamics are so off that I really wonder why it's even called "real" anymore.
GOF2. Yeah. Lmfao my Nokia N9 runs it 60fps thats how graphically intensive it is. Gameplay is slow and boring. And as for almost any mobile game it's EASY AS HELL.
53. livyatan (Posts: 867; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
Much more importantly, can he bring a pc to the bed or a couch?
I absolutely hate being forced to sit by the desk.
56. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 2370; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
Buy a Nvidia shield and stream your pc games to the tablet in bed. Best of both worlds ;) Also you can place the pc near your tv set and game on the couch if you want. Their are such things as gamepads for pc and wireless input devices ;)
14. Daniel.95 (Posts: 89; Member since: 20 Sep 2012)
Wish UDK support WP.
Wish MS release a Windows Phone with 64bit CPU and 4K Display sooner than android.
Bring it on MSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.
Skype in iOS is better than WP :(
3. Anshulonweb (Posts: 430; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
pleased tell me how a aerial combat game running unreal ungine 4 sh*tty?.....
6. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3534; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
#1 There is a replay button on this site so you can directly respond to comments
#2 Does the fact that it belongs into aerial combat genre make it good? You most love all those flash games on the internet. And a 50$ old PC is enough to play those
#3 Unreal engine 4 makes it amazing? Really? You kidding me? I could make a game with Cry Engine and it would still look and play like a horrible C64 game.
#4 Time for you to try a console or PC
ps. Not going to go into your grammar because it's understandable if you don't use English that much
18. iampayne (Posts: 322; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
Wow you should not be getting on someone about grammar after what you just spat out.
"There is a replay button on this site so you can directly respond to comments"
"it belongs into aerial combat genre"
- First off its "reply" not "replay".
- Did you mean to say "belongs in an aerial combat genre"?
- Also your use of periods is lacking, just saying.
ps. You should proof read before you comment on someone else's grammar.
19. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3534; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
That's why I said "I'm not going to go into your grammar" :)
4. Antimio (Posts: 313; Member since: 11 Nov 2013)
Run this game on an iPhone. 5min later battery is dead. LOL
30. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
Run this game on Android. 5 seconds later, crash. If lucky, stuck on infinite lagged out screen. (you'll get to stare at the pretty artwork you won't be able to experience).
39. joey_sfb (Posts: 4976; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
You still making comparison between iOS v3 and Android cupcake v1.6?
40. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
It was a joke. I just think its funny how people think the iPhones battery sucks. I use my Nexus and iPhone on a daily basis and both last me a good 8 hour work shift. It really depends on the user, something most people here are ignorant about. My friends Note 3 lasts 5 hours. FIVE hours for a 3000++++ mAH battery. My bros Note 3 lasts 2 days. Am I making sense now?
44. BattleBrat (Posts: 1383; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
When used identically the iPhone 5s falls behind the other android flagships.
45. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
Since when is the iPhone and Android phones compared "identically" (from a Fandroids perspective lol) (unless it's losing in some department) (which in that case, go ahead, compare "identically" lol)
38. joey_sfb (Posts: 4976; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I saw people play game with their iPhone while charging it with a battery pack three times the size of their iPhone.
Make me smile.
8. Timmons (banned) (Posts: 24; Member since: 17 Aug 2014)
This is a very flexible engine it seems. Good for epic in this regards. It seems that Apple still gets the more quality games for some reason.
9. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3806; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
The rich have more idle time to play games, hence more games for iOS. As the rich can also pay more for their games, you tend to find better games as well.
31. Vexify (banned) (Posts: 570; Member since: 16 Jun 2014)
Lmao do you have ANY clue how you sound dude? Just curious lol…..
PS: Don't waste time replying, could care less what you have to say / not following this thread.
20. AlikMalix (Posts: 3954; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
Dang, this game looks good!! First Godus with its sandlot abilities, then it's this. It's funny how haters are already comparing this to console when they say "console is better or w.e." Ofcourse console will be better, bit this is bordering that or at lease on line with consoles from a few years back - thats amazing (and u know it).
Not bad for a phone thats nothing more than a paperweight as some android fans say. There's more coming with even better now that "metal" is to go to tool. Enjoy changing your fonts androids.
23. BattleBrat (Posts: 1383; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
We have The Shield, USB controller support (dual shock controller support on Sony devices) cheap MHL adapters. Android micro consoles. You have..... a touch screen, and some overpriced controllers available. The K1 has comparable power to PS 3, Xbox 360 and there are rumors that Steam may eventually start porting games over from Linux to Android, real games not joke games made for a touch screen. That and, and correct me if I'm wrong, IOS has a 2gb app limit, android does not, good luck with getting high rez textures!
24. Timmons (banned) (Posts: 24; Member since: 17 Aug 2014)
While I agree with most of what you say have you seen infinity Blade? Maybe the best looking games on any mobile and where are those games at?
26. BattleBrat (Posts: 1383; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Yes, I have all of them, (I own more games for iOS than I do for Android) amd infinity blade is a swipey mess, you should see my nephew play it on an iPad *laughs* you'd think he was scribbling with a crayon
32. Timmons (banned) (Posts: 24; Member since: 17 Aug 2014)
I was talking about higher res textures part
34. BattleBrat (Posts: 1383; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Beginning of second paragraph
36. Timmons (banned) (Posts: 24; Member since: 17 Aug 2014)
Yes but infinity Blade is what we were talking about and it having higher res textures.
43. BattleBrat (Posts: 1383; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
So does Galaxy on Fire 2 HD, but those "higher resolution textures" are limited by iOS and its 2 gb limit, there is no such limit on Android.
35. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 2370; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
47. AlikMalix (Posts: 3954; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
Wow, you get a processed video from a 3D animated movie on first link, and a DEMO on the second... You get Demo's still, wow!!!... We have actual games to play.
49. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 2370; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
It's a real time rendering, not a processed video. And correction, you don't have actual UE4 gameS. This is the first one, there is no other out there yet. Android games will certainly follow soon.
51. renz4 (Posts: 317; Member since: 10 Aug 2013)
actually there is. a game called Daylight. it is not a triple A games but it is the first game using UE4 goes commercial since May this year.
52. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 2370; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
But that is a game running the UE4 engine on PC & PS4, not an iOS device.
50. renz4 (Posts: 317; Member since: 10 Aug 2013)
nope. the first one is not 3D animated movie. it was rendered in real time by using nvidia tegra K1 under OpenGL ES 3.0/3.1 API plus AEP (Android Extension Pack). it was the demo to show what developer can get if they have the right hardware and using google AEP.