Android users were responsible for more than 40% of global mobile data usage in December
0. phoneArena 01 Jan 2014, 13:24 posted on
Based on data from a StatCounter chart, of the major mobile OS in use, only Android, Windows Phone and BlackBerry users ended the year snarfing up more data than they used starting back in December 2012. Those toting a device powered by Google's open source OS had consumed 33.19% in December 2012. A year later, that figure is at 43% and rising...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. ihavenoname (Posts: 1679; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Android and iOS are understandable, but why Windows Phone is so low in the chart? I thought it would be higher than BB at least.
3. Troysyx (Posts: 170; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Question....Why does samsung have its own chart???
10. sprockkets (Posts: 1609; Member since: 16 Jan 2012)
Probably due to the Samsung browser in their phones; it is not chrome, not the aosp android browser.
6. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 225; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
hehe who cares windows . windows is flopest in the decade !
no body can reach near to Samsung + android . Period.
7. nasznjoka (Posts: 383; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
you just nailed it. windows? what's that a new rebel group in CONGO?
8. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Not surprised considering how my much market share Android controls. I just like seeing the iOS line declining.
11. sgodsell (Posts: 2802; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Android with the chrome browser offers me the closest browsing experience to my laptop/notebook. Yes I know there are other browsers on the play store like Firefox, opera, and others. But for me I think chrome is the best feature packed mobile browser.