Android tablets hunting down the iPad market share without mercy, new research shows
0. phoneArena 26 Jan 2012, 03:38 posted on
Strategy Analytics' recap of Q4 and 2011 tablet market showed that the total pie has grown the astonishing 260% year-on-year in 2011, to 66.9 million units, yet Apple's share has shrunk from 68% to 58% globally, for the sake of Android tablets which went from 29 to 39%...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Stuntman (Posts: 809; Member since: 01 Aug 2011)
Of the Android tablets I have tried out last year, I was most impressed with the Asus Eee Pad Transformer (which I own) and the Sony Tablet S. The Eee Pad has the best keyboard dock/attachment of any tablet I have seen. The Tablet S is most comfortable to hold with one hand while keeping a fairly decent screen size.
I wasn't all that impressed with Samsung's Galaxy Tab 10.1. It didn't really stand out in any way over any of the other Android tablets. Samsung is going to have to step up to impress me.
4. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
but buy with Super Amoled Plus and you will have never any problems with reading on sunlight...
8. winsaki234 (Posts: 63; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
I own it.The TouchWiz UI makes this cool Tegra2 tablet slow....
9. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
so dont use TW ;-) I use Launcher pro and my Super Amoled is very very fast...even with TW
10. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
the touchwiz UI isnt the culprit, its honeycomb. i have the g-slate which is straight stock and it still has a bit of lag with a tegra2. when it gets the ICS update the thing will be like butter in a hot pan. :)
12. c.hack (Posts: 523; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
I have an A500 Tegra 2 and its slow even without Touchwiz. And unstable too.
16. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
yes, Android 3.2 is not open source....since 4.0 tablets begin :)
3. hotspot (Posts: 7; Member since: 25 Jan 2012)
1% share of microsoft would be 10% before 2013
6. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
that's the news I've been waiting for.
and the best thing about it is that it's only beginning.. the high end full HD ICS tablets haven't even set their foothold on the market yet!
and once they do , it will change the landscape a mark a turning point.
can't wait for first reviews of transformer prime 700 series, and then the new galaxy tab with full HD super amoled, s - pen and next generation exynos.
it will be a revolution.
iPad 3 better come out with major OS improvements or I bet it will just be killed in comparison reviews.
7. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
..to make my self clear, iPad 2 is still overall perhaps the best tablet experience on the market, it's maybe even better product than the transformer prime on honeycomb.
but the thing is, android is just shaping up, just as it's hardware.
the first true high end products with ICS will be leaps and bounds better than what's on the shelves right now. and they're just around the corner.
11. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
6 months and it will no longer be an "ipad market" as some of our locals love to try to say. just another "i told ya so" coming down the pipe.
13. c.hack (Posts: 523; Member since: 09 Dec 2009)
They said the same thing when the Xoom came out a year ago.
15. jldleo (Posts: 35; Member since: 09 Aug 2011)
My Xoom with ICS is as smooth as my wifes Ipad2..
17. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
you know that is why the world is going down....because of lazy people who don't want any choice....they want to be led, they want to have Apple...
18. remixfa (Posts: 14251; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
and apple has lost nearly 40% market share in a year. guess they were right.
14. chadrick0814 (Posts: 208; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
Apple had 80% marketshare when the xoom came out. Now it's down to 58% in a year. Maybe they were right.