Android remains the world’s most popular operating system in Q3, iPhone 5 gives it heat in the States
0. phoneArena 30 Oct 2012, 10:20 posted on
Android has grown its share almost all over the globe and remains the world’s most popular operating system…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Ninetysix (Posts: 2452; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Good job everyone...competition is good.
2. wendygarett (unregistered)
I love Apple for no reasons :)
6. sheik (Posts: 249; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Thats the Oxfords dictionary defintion of iSheep
18. Cyan3boN (Posts: 444; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
lol that one was good. but he does it intentionally to taunt people
29. JeffdaBeat (unregistered)
Sounds like most religious people...
9. sid07desai (Posts: 290; Member since: 03 May 2012)
Just like a dog's tail starts wagging when offered anything wihtout even KNOWING what it actually is ($h!t).
3. ocilfa (Posts: 334; Member since: 03 Aug 2012)
Top dog in the US, yet market share down in the Stages? Fix the title.
4. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
That is why US citizens are like puppets = eat everything from completely immoral company like Apple who
1) caused higher prices of eBooks in the whole world
2) patented stupid thing just to obstruct competition
3) deal with Microsoft and Adobe for higher prices in Australia
4) many fines in the world for unfair behaviour
This is Apple, just complete immoral company supported by ??? US citizens.....you deserve that ;-P
15. sbr999 (Posts: 79; Member since: 05 Jun 2012)
The average american consumer isn't very smart. (s)he's just following the trend, without knowing exactly what (s)he wants. If (s)he sees justin beaver using 10 iphones at once, poof! you'll see the average american with 10 iphones at his/her ear.
17. MartyK (Posts: 833; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
You guys need to use the word, "Some or Most", because believe it or not, the people in the USA who loves technology and free and fair market, do not own nor will buy anything from a company ( no matter which country it comes from) who's behave this badly like Apple and/or Microsoft.
Might as well say." ALL the Finns loves S-Elop".
37. metalpoet (unregistered)
I am an American and I hate everything about Apple Inc and their products and their fans!
5. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 474; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
Android This is why im hot......Apple This is why you not
7. BadAssAbe (Posts: 456; Member since: 22 Apr 2011)
US Texan Born and Raised
Most US citizens are are dumb
We still use in's and ft's for crying out loud
I'm glad at least its not all, we all cant be winners
10. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Android. The world's most advanced operating system. Also, most used. Open source.
iOS should be relegated to kiosk stands.
11. ryq24 (Posts: 731; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
android is an open system. their most expensive phone is still way cheaper than the iphone. and you could buy a cheap android phone for just a few bucks. so their being number is not a surprise. what will be surprising if they are not.
19. tedkord (Posts: 11924; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
And yet, 3 years ago iFans insisted that Android would never overtake iOS in market share.
The constantly moving goalposts...
20. gallitoking (Posts: 4720; Member since: 17 May 2011)
thats is nothing Apple haters have been waiting for Apple to fall 2012 and still going strong
24. tedkord (Posts: 11924; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Actually, we're waiting for Apple to stop acting like a petulant, arrogant child, and to start competing in the market and not the court room. Then, we will have no problem with Apple.
But, regardless, this had nothing to do with constantly moving goalposts. But nice try at changing the subject.
31. gallitoking (Posts: 4720; Member since: 17 May 2011)
To have success you have to evolve and change goalpost like you say, Great companies have done it, Coca-Cola, Microsoft, Nike etc, why not Apple?
36. tedkord (Posts: 11924; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I'm not talking about Apple. I'm talking about Apple cultists, who move the goalposts every time Android kicks one through it.
"Android is vaporware, it will never come." Boom..
"Android will never have more market share than iOS." Boom.
"It's all about Apps. Android will never have all the apps like iOS." Boom.
"No Android OEM will sell more than Apple." Samsung'd.
"No, it's tablets. Android will never have market share in tablets." Coming 2014.
26. Aeires (unregistered)
If it's any consolation, their stock has been falling quite regularly.
12. Aeires (unregistered)
Chinese market is one to keep an eye on. No stats from India?
14. digitalw (Posts: 65; Member since: 20 Dec 2011)
Stats from India are not interesting and should not be public... Nokia wins there :)))
32. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
India is barely 3% for Apple. Major players are Samsung, Nokia and RIM controlling 65%+ of market.
13. mak007 (Posts: 2; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
andriod is king
but really feeling bad to see the minimal percentage sharing of so great symbian platform....
nokia wake up do something unbelieveable because we all know windows 8 are not going to change anything
next quarter also you will be having big giant billon dollar loss..
16. Nikolas.Oliver (banned) (Posts: 1574; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
This article is presented for you pikapowerize!!! Bb doesnt even exist anymore !
22. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
I'd rather be right than cool or popular.