Android regains top market share in the US
0. phoneArena posted on 25 Feb 2013, 02:34
Android rules the roost on the global stage overall, but the market share in the United States is a tight competition...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. tech2 posted on 25 Feb 2013, 02:51 18 0
and its only gonna rise with the new HTC One and shortly GS 4. :)
3. mr.techdude posted on 25 Feb 2013, 03:02 7 0
Thumbs up my friend, can't wait for the HTC one and I want to see HTC do well this year and android will always stay first
2. imsickwithsmartphone posted on 25 Feb 2013, 03:01 11 0
GO GREEN ROBOTS!!
BEATS ALL OF THEM :)
4. ilia1986 posted on 25 Feb 2013, 03:09 10 0
Hmm... Apparently Americans are getting smarter. Good for them. Now no country in the world is able to deny the truth. :D
8. anywherehome posted on 25 Feb 2013, 04:04 6 0
unfortunately its not true.....its VERY VERY necessary to show a TV comercial:
1) "look, a real smartphone you can connect to your USB drive" and show it
2) "look, a real smartphone has moving desktop (calendar widget)" and show it
3) "look, a real smartphone can choose your default browser" and show it
4) "look, a real smartphone has NFC" and show it
5) "look, a real smartphone has freedom of choice (price, size, app)" and show it
6) "look, google now, how it understands me in MANY languages" and show what iPhone can not do - its very easy
30 seconds enough and many times to understand the iToy is not a real smartphone (without mention)
otherwise people will still think the only phone is iPhone.......failure of the Google marketing department
9. ilia1986 posted on 25 Feb 2013, 04:12 5 0
Actually it's a failure of the consumer. If I wanna buy something as expensive as a smartphone - and I rely on commercials without doing my research - I would be a complete idiot.
10. iBananaScoop posted on 25 Feb 2013, 04:53 4 0
This. But it shows how naive consumers can be which is something companies take advantage of. It's really not Apple's fault if people are willing to pay a premium for not-so-special specs.
11. anywherehome posted on 25 Feb 2013, 04:56 2 0
no, consumer is not needed to understand everything, something must be told
12. ilia1986 posted on 25 Feb 2013, 05:25 2 0
For a product as sophisticated and as expensive as the smartphone - he (the consumer) is.
5. MartianMe posted on 25 Feb 2013, 03:16 2 0
All thanks to the wonderful idea of open source,it give us android users what we want and how we like it (CUSTOMIZATION) :)))))))))
6. UrbanPhantom posted on 25 Feb 2013, 03:42 5 1
"Windows Phone has been around but there has not been any excitement over it until Windows Phone 8 rolled out, and its growth rate has been phenomenal."
It may take a few years to gain significant market share, but Microsoft and Nokia are most certainly back in the game...
13. rusticguy posted on 25 Feb 2013, 06:36 4 2
Myxtyxpyx says these stats are a lie ... iPhone is top in USA :D
15. gmracer1 posted on 26 Feb 2013, 08:11 0 0
That Verizon chart is funny. Granted my store is one of thousands, we always push Androids over iPhones, and we mark our sales on a board in the back. For this month, our Android-to-iPhone ratio is 2-1. Typical.