Android powered Nokia Normandy is seen once again
While there might have been a time and place for an Android powered Nokia smartphone, now is not the time with Microsoft eventually closing on its purchase of Nokia's Devices and Services division. A published report out of China says that the team that was working on the Normandy project is now working on wireless charging.
This tweet from evleaks might be the last time that we see the Nokia Normandy, unless Microsoft changes its mind. That is something that we can't see happening despite the huge amount of money that Microsoft makes on each Android phone sold.
Leaked render of the Android powered Nokia Normandy
source: @evleaks via TechRadar
1. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3512; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Not gonna happen Android fans.. Sorry, you're stuck with Samsung... Well, you're not "stuck" Samsung makes great devices...
5. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5203; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Oh please... Stuck with Samsung? Did you know that there are many choices for us Android users? There's Samsung, Sony, LG, HTC, Huawei, Oppo, ZTE, Meizu, Xiaomi, Vivo, Google etc.
Please say something more less-fanboynism, cuz you're embarrassing Nokia and Windows Phone.
17. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3512; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Well, I didn't know that.. Thanks for opening my eyes...
40. ivanprskalo (Posts: 107; Member since: 09 Dec 2010)
Great reply. You forgot ASUS. I own Padfone 2 and all I can say that it is a masterpiece. I just love it.
7. Kuroki (Posts: 75; Member since: 24 Nov 2013)
"Sorry, you're stuck with Samsung... Well, you're not "stuck" Samsung makes great devices"... did you just made an argument with yourself?
12. Muayyad (Posts: 102; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
still there are a lot of people think android is just for samsung phones!
23. taikucing (unregistered)
hahaha... look at this MS salesgirl moaning.
24. taikucing (unregistered)
It sounds good if it's gonna happen. People loves Nokia, but they hate the ugly boring live tiles of WP. Truth...
Trust me, It will sell like a hot cake if Nokia uses Android. Everybody welcomes Nokia with Android.
35. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
The NSA also loves Android - it's the worst OS when it comes to security, and they don't have to do much to harvest the data and make it readable. WP8 does have it's flaws, but it's also far more secure than Android or iOS.
2. alterecho (Posts: 1072; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
This won't release atleast until Nokia's acquisition by MS is complete (or the deal fails. Just hoping). Because this will perform well and show how successful Nokia would have become if it weren't for Elop and Nokia tie-ing down with WP.
13. mousesports (Posts: 243; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)
I hope the deal fails with MICROSOFT ! Good Bless !
21. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3512; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Maybe you'll get your wish.. Just maybe.
36. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
The Nokia/Microsoft deal is as good as sealed. The fact that some of you still don't realize this proves just how out of touch with reality you are ;o)
3. nightfury (Posts: 55; Member since: 04 Dec 2013)
rodney bro, is steve ballmer ur brother-in-law????
16. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3512; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
Yes,.. Ballmer is my BiL.. What's your point❔
4. Passerby_ordinary_guy (Posts: 2; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
what a waste.......it is just me or Nokia really likes to scarp all their "look promising" projects? last time's Maemo, then Meego, then meltemi...now this??
38. corporateJP (Posts: 1548; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Go away, even Nokia fans that can stomach Windows Phone hate you.
6. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5203; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
This is everyone's dream phone, the dream phone that's unlike others. It's a Nokia phone, powered by Android.
15. ihavenoname (Posts: 1319; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
It would be a dream phone, if it was high-end or even mid-range+. But this is propably low-end.
20. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3512; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
It's everyone's but Nokias.. That's obvious.
22. rodneyej1 (Posts: 3512; Member since: 06 Jul 2013)
We both agree on something.. Nokia makes awesome devices... I'm glad I got one of the last Nokia badged devices.. I'm gonna frame this 1520 when I'm done with it.
39. corporateJP (Posts: 1548; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Next to your picture of Elop's balls, buddy?
8. toiletcleaner (Posts: 183; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
In thanks. There is a better options there. That's what makes android the best
9. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 2457; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
It is shelved now but hope that would come true someday.
10. noim1 (Posts: 297; Member since: 15 May 2012)
A NOKIA powered by Android is every Android lovers Dream !!! I just love NOkia for their sturdy build quality , awesome looks & Amazing Camera !!! then i would kick my S4 out and buy a NOKIA like i always did b4 !!
11. faha1 (Posts: 13; Member since: 08 Apr 2013)
TOooooOOoooo late now every one like Samsung,Nexus,lg,,htc,sony etc & they all are bringing more & more high end features & thats why i love it & everyone love it u can check....
25. Alex123 (Posts: 208; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
Not really. if for other OEMs i agree with you but for Nokia, no the word "too late". Everybody loves, trusts, supports Nokia if it comes with the most popular platform - Android OS. you know, most people who bought the Windows Phone powered Nokia because they respect Nokia and trust on its expertise, innovation and services not because they love WP - me neither, i don't like Windows Phone but i had to go with Nokia because i love it and always keep dreaming Nokia will bring me android smartphone one day.
19. hurrycanger (Posts: 962; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
I don't care much about this phone running Android yet. Isn't it gonna have a heavily customized version of Android like Fire OS?
Anyway, I like the design of this phone. It does not look as neat, but it's gonna be more comfortable to hold than the Lumia 520 and 521. Those phones with the curve back&side and the sharp front edges are really uncomfortable to hold, and you can't get a good grip from the sides. This phone with squarish sides will provide that grip.
27. ImperialDynamics (Posts: 15; Member since: 30 Nov 2012)
what's wrong with you people? That's an ASHA phone. That button is Asha button. Geez
29. thephonedude (Posts: 59; Member since: 27 Oct 2012)
Exactly oh my.. Android devices should least have a home and back button, and a menu/recent apps button.... Who started this nonsensical rumor anyways?