Android-powered Motorola Xtreme heading to Verizon?
This article contains unofficial information.
Undoubtedly, it was mainly the success of the DROID that helped the company get on its feet. After it, the manufacturer released the DEVOUR with Verizon, but it didn't really gain much popularity. It's now said however that Motorola is gearing up to launch a third Android phone through the nation's leading carrier. According to the rumors, the carrier will begin testing a handset by the name of Motorola Xtreme, starting next week. Unfortunately, no other information regarding this phone is available as of now, but we hope that more details will come out shortly. By the way, what do you think of the Motorola Xtreme's name?
source: Engadget via PhonesReview
1. belve14 (Posts: 113; Member since: 31 Mar 2009)
I think Motorola tried a little to hard with the name...I think the name is extreme lol. But in all honesty the name does not fit a phone at all. Unless of course its like an unbreakable phone that can take a beaten.
9. allboutverizon (Posts: 66; Member since: 20 May 2009)
You're thinking about this way too hard lol, but I see your point
15. deadpool_ct (Posts: 18; Member since: 23 Mar 2010)
I have to agree, with a name like the Xtreme, why not make it a durable phone. Sprint has one coming, why cant Big Red?
4. jd829 (Posts: 155; Member since: 24 Feb 2010)
extreme = 80's hair band who brought us "more than words"
16. Jango_Fred (Posts: 54; Member since: 17 Dec 2008)
You are missing some kick ass rock if "More Than Words" is the only Extreme song you know. Kick ass...compared to "More Than Words" at least.
5. dyster (Posts: 63; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Xtreme sounds lame. And I'm uncertain if Moto can top the Droid. I'm no fan of their products, but I came very close to buying a Droid.
10. WnnaFghtAboutIt (Posts: 149; Member since: 31 Aug 2009)
its a droid with better specs ala the incredible with a better keyboard and a 4" screen
12. jrcrow79 (Posts: 477; Member since: 02 May 2008)
lol..as xtreme as the name sounds..Still CDMA CANT run a browser and call friends at the same time..lmao..so much for booking those tix and telling yer friends at the same time!..FAIL!
13. Osukaru (Posts: 68; Member since: 02 Jul 2008)
Please tell me you are kidding? Right.... This has to be the lamest comparison that GSM has VS CDMA....
19. iHateCrapple (Posts: 734; Member since: 12 Feb 2010)
My friends can wait the 30 secs it takes to shoot out a text msg....your point?
14. remixfa (Posts: 14080; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
is it time to replace the droid already? with a name like "extreme" ud think its a high end phone. ill laugh if the "extreme" is a budget android. Extreme-ly dissapointing :)
17. zuno gyakusatsu (Posts: 257; Member since: 16 Mar 2010)
the motorola excrement sounds more fitting for what this company releases.
18. Thump3rDX17 (Posts: 2160; Member since: 10 May 2010)
Xtreme...doesn't really do it..but that doesn't matter coz it'll probably be called THE MOTOROLA DROID XTREME! and THAT i like. [: as for speculation as to where this thing will go in the line up, it'll probably be your Motorola Candy Bar alternative to add something to really compete with the Incredible.