Android open gaming console Ouya finishes Kickstarter fundraiser with $8.6 million
0. phoneArena 10 Aug 2012, 02:14 posted on
Ouya, the Android game console that asked for crowd-sourced funding on Kickstarter, swept its initial funding target and finished with nearly $8.6 million…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Dr.Phil (Posts: 865; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I hope Ouya gives the bigger console companies a run for their money. It may not have the same graphics power, but it can beat them with good quality games. Who knows, it could also help put game prices on the decline. I remember when games use to cost around $40 and now they cost about $60.
2. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2384; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
GREATTTT IDEA!...........terrible name........ouya (ooyah)?? what is that hawaiian?? U.S Marines maybe? LOL
Heres an even better idea for android games to come alive........ THE XPERIA PLAY...2
Where you at Sony?
16. Joshua9007 (Posts: 63; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
They will not cannibalize their own industry, you must be smoking something. The playstation (both regular and portable) are one of the core businesses at sony. If it seriously gets popular, I would see Sony adding the feature to port those same games to be available for download at similar prices. I know it is not the same thing as Ouya, but it should make the other companies compete.
3. denied911 (banned) (Posts: 361; Member since: 31 May 2012)
great idea, great product
you can have new model every year :)
and maybe whole device in one controller with conectivity to tv via wireless protocol
4. doejon (Posts: 317; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
dont need this s**t cuz u can simply connect ur phone like the s3 on ur tv
and u can play the same games :-)
on s3 u can also use a joypad even a xbox360 or playstation 3 pad ;-)
8. crysiswarmonger (Posts: 78; Member since: 06 Feb 2012)
just buy used phone.. wih display.. plug into large display or portable.
6. mbelm64693 (Posts: 17; Member since: 08 May 2009)
im just worried that Tegra3 is going to be on the tail end of its lifespan by april. i want one of these things but this is my reason for not pre-ordering..i hope im not right cuz i actually really want to pick one of these up..they should at the very least toss some extra ram and internal storage inside that thing with all that extra funding they got.
9. theBankRobber (Posts: 645; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
They said huge things about Tegra 2, my photon barley has any good games besides a few that reallymakes use of the power.
10. Luuthian (Posts: 201; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Pre-ordered. Even if it bombs it'll be the ultra portable, 1080p emulator I always wanted. Can't wait to use thing.
11. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
oh no.. no no no.. little green robot is about to over take gaming consoles now... xbox, nintendo, Wii, and PS,PSP vita watch out...
ibtw.. i read before that sony will abandon its OS on PSP and put android on it..
i hope not... PS/PSP/PSP vita OSes looks awesome.. and i've read that sony will put Vita OS to there smartphones too.. im looking forwad to that!
even they will threat my fave consoles (xbox,PlayStation,nintedo) i think Ouya looks great (i dont even like android)
btw, am i the only one thinks that Ouya interface looks like windows phone and xbox?
12. theBankRobber (Posts: 645; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Um The PS Vita is already out with a brand new OS. PSP is dead so I think what you read was probably a joke or something.
13. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
is here in PA that sony is considering to put Vita OS on there smartphone line too.. or maybe the abandon it
15. theBankRobber (Posts: 645; Member since: 22 Sep 2011)
Vita OS on a smartphone does make sense, but they couldn't change it on the Vita as everything is tied into it . I guess we will wait another 6 months a see what goes on
14. fraydoe (Posts: 57; Member since: 27 Dec 2011)
i think id rather play sega than this...
there are far too many better consoles out there with better games.