Android made up 86% of Q4 smartphone shipments in China, iOS was 12%
0. phoneArena posted on 31 Jan 2013, 17:47
China is a huge smartphone market and growing at quite a rapid clip, but more amazing than the size of the market in China is the relative lack of mobile platform competition in the region. New data from Strategy Analytics says that 86% of smartphone shipments in Q4 2012 were Android devices, and a mere 12% were iOS...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. networkdood posted on 31 Jan 2013, 17:55 0
Hmmm, I wonder if APPLE would create a specially made, and cheap version of the iphone, just for CHINA? It could be worth it.
2. networkdood posted on 31 Jan 2013, 17:56 0
say 256MB RAM, 3.0" screen with 123 pixel density, somewhat a fat phone with breakable glass and 4GB of storage.
4. sorcio46 posted on 31 Jan 2013, 18:07 6
this phone in 2013 is even too low for the low range smartphones
9. Bernoulli posted on 31 Jan 2013, 19:45 6
Yeah, and it's called the iphone 5
17. sithvenger (banned) posted on 01 Feb 2013, 12:48 0
Now that was a dumb comment
6. PhoneArenaUser posted on 31 Jan 2013, 18:37 7
I'm pretty sure that any cheap Apple phone won't be popular! Because people who loves to show off won't buy cheap phone even if it has Apple logo on it! Why? Because according to this kind of Apple lovers - CHEAP IS NOT COOL!
Other people who loves technologies also won't buy it because I'm pretty sure that cheap Apple phone will be even more boring and outdated than usual iPhone. ;)
11. networkdood posted on 31 Jan 2013, 21:28 0
could make an exception in China...they have lots of people there...
14. anywherehome posted on 01 Feb 2013, 02:48 2
they can not.....what would you do with cheap iPhone? even that overpriced iPhone you can not
1) plug to PC
2) bluetooth transfer
3) dictate in iTunes
4) no widgets, just an iConboard
5) always worse HW than competition
6) zero innovations
so what would you do with any cheap iPhone, a cheap iConboard?
Apple must stay "exclusive" for some people or they lost its exclusivity and then "why to buy an iConboard when every one can afford it?"
so even 12 % is too much
3. joey_sfb posted on 31 Jan 2013, 17:59 2
i visited China recently, most people i run into use an Android smartphone with a screen size of 4.3" and above. Their phone have local chinese branding not heard outside China.
Google open source effect on full swing there. Most phone don't have Google apps but were able to run Android Apps side loaded i think.. LOL!!
5. flower99 (banned) posted on 31 Jan 2013, 18:15 4
i still count kindle fire an android device tho :)
7. Aeires (unregistered) posted on 31 Jan 2013, 19:03 0
Agreed, especially when I can download apps from the Amazon App Store on my N4 & N7.
10. D_Tech-tive posted on 31 Jan 2013, 20:49 0
It will only get worse for Apple watch and see!
Time to get your nose out the air and put your pinky down Apple fans! LOL
13. dorianb posted on 31 Jan 2013, 23:50 0
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL @ THE FRUIT.
16. sithvenger (banned) posted on 01 Feb 2013, 12:47 0
I don't think you'll see forked versions of iOS. China is android land.