Android losing ground to iOS for second consecutive period in the US, says comScore
0. phoneArena 05 Apr 2013, 02:12 posted on
Now comScore reports Apple is at 38.9% already, for the sake of Android, which went from 53.7% to 51.7%, but is still the commanding mobile OS platform in the US. Of course, the flagship phones from Sony, HTC, Samsung and LG are just starting to roll out this season, so the little green robot is sure to regain some ground until Apple releases its sixth iPhone generation in the summer...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Xolar (Posts: 57; Member since: 02 Apr 2013)
Good job for the Forbidden Fruit!
9. Daftama (Posts: 560; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Not many realize that lol...everything must fall lol
27. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
HATERS.. HATERS.. EVERYWHERE!
22. noim1 (Posts: 296; Member since: 15 May 2012)
I agree iOS stink's ...i sold my Galaxy S2 & bought a iPhone 4S ( My iOS friends influence ) ....I lasted 1 month with it ...I was feeling good with that premium quality & the respect frm others , but i just was missing something..i felt lik i was locked away from the rest of the World...then I just could not take it anymore..Sold it & got myself a Galaxy S3 & i am loving it !!!....its not that iOS was bad or anything ...i so very Much missed my Freedom..Now i Fly in the Open blue Sky with my wings spread wide...not being caged in that Apple Garden ...
5. twens (Posts: 515; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Only in the US...hahahha,Americans,I smell loyalty,I guess they can't leave apple after all its a US company.lol
33. HäckeMáte (Posts: 168; Member since: 28 Feb 2012)
ummm Android is a US company... did you have a point?
Hey guess what, the rest of the world likes Blackberry, while the US is over it.
7. darkkjedii (Posts: 10079; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Apple needs to hit one out of the park with ios7 before any real ground is lost by android. If apple shocks us with new hardware/software, then the landscape will be shaken up.
15. Aeires (unregistered)
Agreed, but not really sure it's going to happen. Like they did with Siri, iMusic (iRadio, iWhateveryoucallit) will be their big selling point that they will throw all their focus and attention at.
I'm more curious to see what iOS7 will be. I'm guessing it will have a universal appearance across areas of the OS. Have to think that's a good thing. Hopefully they'll do something about how icons are displayed, never really understood having them displayed across multiple screens. People like me who have around 150 apps or more, it's gotta be difficult to find things or constantly shuffle them around to keep them organized (not a big fan of folders).
17. darkkjedii (Posts: 10079; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I would love to see an app drawer in ios7. One of the things it needs most bro.
10. Daftama (Posts: 560; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Who cares just make better phones for us lol...
11. tmcr7 (Posts: 148; Member since: 02 Nov 2011)
come on this is just a cycle which happens every year. people are jusy buying the newly released iPhone during the christmas holidays. By summer, Androids will regain the market share because of their latest flagship offerings.
12. SleepingOz (unregistered)
"Watch me!" - Andy
18. Shrihari (Posts: 79; Member since: 29 Jan 2013)
i still don't understand why many of u.s doesn't care about the advanced mobile technology and they go behind the same technology and bulls**t all the time...check out the win phone 8 and android...they are awesome than ios...
19. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5042; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
See? Android is not gonna win forever....
21. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
There are more people loving enjoying freedom than being in Kindergarten™
So you prefer restrictions™
23. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5042; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I don't prefer "restrictions" (iOS)
I love to enjoy "freedom" (Android)
And "Kindergarten"(iOS) is WRONG!
iOS is just boring, but easy to use!
And I'm telling the truth, Android is not gonna win forever........
25. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Actually both WP and iOs is just too simple thats why most of the people found it boring. Well its up to the choice. iOS is still on number 2 in OS.
26. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5042; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Well, WP is not boring to me, I like the "Live Tiles".
Even though iOS is still on number 2, it was still the most boring OS i have ever seen. What Apple needs to do is completely redesign their OS.
29. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
They are actualy redesigning.
24. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Symbian is rocking!
28. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5042; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Symbian is dead, and its rock bottom right now. But I hope someone can revive Symbian back alive. I miss Symbian!
30. gmracer1 (Posts: 646; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
Yeah well, at the end of the day...........it's still Google > Apple
31. jroc74 (Posts: 4720; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I guess this is the Death of Android....lol
For market share BB and WP are more interesting news than Android and iOS.
34. JojoGo101 (Posts: 211; Member since: 17 Dec 2012)
S4: My aligence is to the people to the AWESOME PEOPLE.
5S(hit): If your not with me, then your my enemy.
Well, we all saw that is**t died. Move along.