Android is the "best perceived brand" in the U.S. LGBT community according to BrandIndex
0. phoneArena 20 Jun 2012, 19:12 posted on
In the latest BrandIndex ratings, Android was the "top perceived brand" among the Stateside LGBT community followed by the Apple iPhone and then the Apple iPad; other mobile names in the top 20 include Samsung, Apple and Skype...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Sprintfan (Posts: 68; Member since: 18 Nov 2011)
They obviously didn't take into account Starbucks baristas. :)
3. jove39 (Posts: 1125; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Good to see Android on top...and surprised to see top 3 belongs to mobile gadgets :)
4. christianqwerty (Posts: 456; Member since: 05 May 2011)
I myself am g.ay and have an iPhone, and many of my lgbt friends also use iPhones, iPads, MacBooks and other apple products, I find this kind of odd that android is on top.
7. PAPINYC (Posts: 1830; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
I think you're upset because the little green guy is on top and has made a bottom out of Apple.
However, I agree with you on these findings; I see more *** people or sexually ambiguous people on the the subway using iPhones and iPads. Except, of course, for those manly and mannish lesbians; they like butchy and bulky Android phones (from what I've seen).
10. GENARAL-LEVY (banned) (Posts: 34; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
What happen u don't use those I words anymore
when commenting on Apple products.
16. PAPINYC (Posts: 1830; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
iCan't use them because Apple pays PhoneArena to iBanme if iDo. It's amazing how many of these "objective" techblogs are in their pockets. One must only speak positively on iStuff and go along with their preachings (much like in a big Evangelical Temple [where members of the congragation have to fork over 40% of their income] or like a huge Mosque in the Middle East). But, iDigress, iLike my iPhone 4S (don't love it, just like it - serves a purpose). And, tonight, in honour of this story I am going to dress up my DROID CHARGE like Melissa Etheridge and place it on my face-down (screen-down) bare (sans Otter Box case) iPhone 4S.
48. GENARAL-LEVY (banned) (Posts: 34; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
How sad! I use to lmfao when ever u use to post on
17. thatjackal (Posts: 15; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Okay, I'm g.ay but that was FREAKING hilarious. Also a shock to me; most of my friends have Apple products, though my best of friends use Android. Figures why it was so close in the voting.
35. DechyX (Posts: 109; Member since: 16 May 2011)
I'm a dude and I like dudes and I use Windows but I love Android... but most other LGBT people I know do use Apple, including this guy I'm dating -___-
27. dmckay12 (Posts: 242; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Even though I prefer android, I too am surprised that Apple products are not on top because they are very fruity.
46. phoenixpr (Posts: 157; Member since: 28 Mar 2012)
All my gay friends that use iPhone and Mac and other apple products are bottoms. So I am not surprise at all. Just lube up and enjoy the Android baby!
5. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
This is a weird study, but I'm sure we'll see plenty of trolling bashing Apple as usual.
6. appleDOESNT.com (Posts: 349; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
OK, i'll start, have you ever not owned a apple product taco? cause i own lots of technology from all sorts of cool companies, try it sometime, it's fun! oh and it's a weird study cause your cute little iPhone came in 2nd? oh and you know it's ok to like something other than apple even though apple doesn't want you to and does their best to herd you in and control you! oh and you asked for this :/
30. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I've used android, windows, blackberry, apple, webos
33. bayusuputra (Posts: 931; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
yeah, for 5 mins each, except for apple, which you use 24/7..
39. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I used windows mobile for a full year, I used blackberry for a couple of years. I used webos for a couple of months as well as a palm centro for a few months. I have a galaxy tab 7.7 now that I use and I've used android phones on and off for a few weeks at a time.
I'm not very impressed by android. It's an inferior OS.
Windows I think will be a hit.
41. mas11 (Posts: 1003; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
iOS has limited multitasking
Lacks expandable storage
No file manager
Lacks flash support
So how is Android the inferior one?
52. protozeloz (Posts: 5185; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
IGNORE HIM, He is trolling, he claims is inferior because he feels like it, he never said why....
59. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
You don't get it. The things you complain about are withheld on purpose to make using the phone a good user experience. To prevent lag , poor battery corrupted OS etc. you know all the issues android has.
61. protozeloz (Posts: 5185; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
Ha! like iOS doesn't have issues, you just a sore excuse for a fan boy
62. mas11 (Posts: 1003; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
What issues? My DROID 4 has never frozen, doesn't lag and I have yet to find a single bug. See the nice thing about widgets is that you don't have to open an app to get the information you want, just unlock your phone. The reason iOS lacks expandable storage is because they want you to buy a more expensive iPhone instead of buying an SD card. I can go on and on about why Apple is so restrictive, but in the end they always will be in order to keep up their high profit margin and keep the user experience the way they want it to be. The only reason the iPhone 4S has such good battery life is because it has a small screen and lacks 4G Lte.
63. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Widgets also drain battery and make your phone freeze.
Android followed Apple's lead with lots of built in storage. Remember how crappy androids were when they had 512mb of built in memory?
Not a single bug = you're lying
65. mas11 (Posts: 1003; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
They don't drain nearly as much battery as you think they do. I would rather have the option, you don't have to use them. Plus with the RAZR MAXX, battery draining widgets are a joke (btw the RAZR MAXX is still thinner than the iPhone 4S even with the giant battery).
The OG DROID had half that with only 256MB of RAM and it was the Time Magazine Gadget of the year beating the 4th place iPhone 3GS.
And seriously I haven't found a single bug yet, sure there probably are a few bugs, but I have yet to encounter any. The current build is extremely stable.
67. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Agree with the Maxxx battery life isn't a concern, but on a lot of android phones it is. The original Droid had plenty of lag issues due to the low amount of memory.
14. wendygarett (unregistered)
Relax taco.... Your iPhone is on the list...
8. Santi_Santi (unregistered)
hello, came to see the comments...
12. GoBears (Posts: 253; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
At the bottom, just like in every other community.
15. denied911 (banned) (Posts: 361; Member since: 31 May 2012)
you just made my day with this news :)
28. RiseAgainst94 (Posts: 271; Member since: 03 Mar 2012)
WP is actually the highest rated OS for cell phones from users. Get at me ;]
18. PapaSmurf (Posts: 4134; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Android got a higher rating than the iPhone and iPad. Samsung got a higher rating
So taco, what's your opinion on all of this?
20. android_sucks (Posts: 110; Member since: 28 Jul 2011)
Who took the time to do this? Who cares!!!!!!
21. networkdood (Posts: 4748; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Part of the reason is that Iproducts have become bland, I mean look at the latest update...
22. networkdood (Posts: 4748; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
McDonald's is lot like APPLE - McDonald's is by far the number one choice of consumers for fast food, and yet the food is garbage.
Apple is number one in some respects, and, yet, inferior to Android.
Just because something is popular does not mean it is better.
Just like the 8bit NES and the Sega Master System.
I always find it fascinating that someone like Taco or G.K. are so seriously pro-apple on these posts. It would make a great case study for fanaticism.
31. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
says the android fanatic who trolls PA to bash Apple articles
34. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Says the Apple fanatic who trolls iPA to bash Android users.
40. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Actually I don't. I defend Apple from the constant trolling.
45. ilia1986 (unregistered)
By... trolling iPA to bash Android users.
49. GENARAL-LEVY (banned) (Posts: 34; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
You didn't answer his question! Taco.
24. networkdood (Posts: 4748; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Yeah, read the comparison - it speaks volumes of what America has been and is nowadays...
25. tedkord (Posts: 3378; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I find this interesting only because Apple CEO Tim Cook is reportedly ***. Other than that, I don't really see that it means anything. Except that the LGBT community have excellent taste.
26. Danalvi1981 (Posts: 44; Member since: 02 Jun 2010)
I'm *** and I have an Android!!! This list is so right!!!
54. good2great (Posts: 937; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
haha... this comment is the BEST so far on this article...haha
44. Sniggly (Posts: 6190; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
I approached this post with some trepidation. I feared there would be a lot more gey bashing than there actually was. Except for a few dumbasses (including Taco, who invited bulls**t posts even though there were none) I'm quite pleased with the positivity here tonight. Please keep it up, guys.
55. good2great (Posts: 937; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
if apple was #1 on the list i'm sure the gey bashing and apple bashing and comment bullying would be multiplied GREATLY...