Android is not just for smartphones or tablets, here are 10 gadgets it runs on
0. phoneArena 19 Dec 2012, 06:26 posted on
Android has grown pretty popular over the past years, hasn't it? Currently, there are over 500 million Android smartphones in use, and 1.3 million new devices are activated each day. In other words, about three quarters of the smartphone market share belongs to Google and its operating system. But did you know that Android doesn't run only on smartphones and tablets?...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. wendygarett (unregistered)
Lenovo tv and sony smartwatch thank you very much :p
9. true1984 (Posts: 193; Member since: 23 May 2012)
the smartwatch is only compatable with android devices...
2. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 4708; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
About 10 years ago, there was a lot of buzz about network appliances, but not much happened. Android may be the missing piece for wide-scale release and adoption of network appliances.
3. Thephonegeek (Posts: 118; Member since: 22 Nov 2012)
Yet, android isn't well optimized for pc and laptops. Google should quit chrome OS and focus on optimizing Android pc. Then I will definitely install android on my laptop.
20. Nadr1212 (Posts: 741; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Y would U NOT want to do that?
And THAT is the real question, my fellow commenter
7. p0rkguy (Posts: 671; Member since: 23 Nov 2010)
Chrome is the piece that will connect mobile, desktops and other electronic appliances.
4. Rocksteady (Posts: 153; Member since: 29 Apr 2012)
Android TV, OUYA console, and Parrot Asteroid System
6. joey_sfb (Posts: 1476; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
I also want android in my washing machine, vacuum cleaner and my running shoe.
8. snowgator (Posts: 3015; Member since: 19 Jan 2011)
So, the "Terminator" movies had the right idea, just the wrong system. When does Android become self-aware?
Instead Instead of Arnold, it will be the Little Green Robot chasing down John and Sarah Conner.......
11. ash29 (Posts: 55; Member since: 28 Oct 2011)
Samsung galaxy player isnt a phone,then what is it?
17. oski305 (Posts: 7; Member since: 19 Dec 2012)
just think ipod touch same idea everything an android phone can do minus the phone part
13. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
For me? Favi SmartStick. DUDE! IT TURNS YOUR OLD LCD/LED/PLASMA TV INTO A SMARTER TV. That's just sick! And it would just cost you $50. just wow.
14. gwuhua1984 (Posts: 1237; Member since: 06 Mar 2012)
I like that carputer... Altho they should make a new version with at least ICS on it.
16. iDroid8 (Posts: 155; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
Instacube has iPhone veside it. LOL!
And where is Galaxy Camera? :o
19. tedkord (Posts: 3393; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I've got a smart tv, and I'm still considering a SmartStick. What could make my SmartTV smarter? Android, of course.
21. MC1123 (Posts: 1210; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
i wonder if theres a ref powered by android!