Android app increases battery life on rooted models
0. phoneArena 30 Nov 2013, 12:48 posted on
Just the other day, we told you that the number one gripe amongst cellphone users is battery life. And with more top-shelf models designed to make the battery off-limits to consumers, phone owners are limited to either using an external battery charger to keep their device powered up, or installing an app to perform some magic...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. KeyboardWarrior (Posts: 7; Member since: 21 Feb 2013)
Nothing can beat Greenify when it comes to battery saving apps
2. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 224; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Greenify must must have apps for rooted phones.
titanium backup & root explorer tooo!
3. RohanM (Posts: 131; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
Greenify & a custome kernel = superb battery life..
These so called battery savings apps like this pro guard are crap....
Long live Greenify....!!
4. NexusPhan (Posts: 463; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
This app modifies your kernel. It's the same as having greenify and a custom kernel. So, ya.
5. _Bone_ (Posts: 2125; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Don't believe in fairy tales guys. Faster charging time? Haha.
6. AfterShock (Posts: 2799; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
That is what custom kernel can offer amongst many more sweet options.
BTW, I can charge at double rate with kernel I have in use.
9. SAYED-EJAZ (Posts: 224; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
S3 Default is 1000mah charging rate but custom kernel we can go up to any amount but its safe to be with 1300mah,not more than that! That is 30% faster which is pretty faster!
My S3 used to take 1 hour to charge 80% with this setting !
But that setting I uses for 6 months then got extra Battery Kit , after that I never charged my phone. When my phone reach 1% I pull down the back cover i put new battery from battery kit it again 100% ready to go ! :D
by that time I keep my old 1% battery in battery kit..
this I do vice versa .
that something I love from sammy :)
Yea I was with this setting and my battery had no problems !
So its not a fairy tale !
8. SlowPoison77 (Posts: 27; Member since: 30 Nov 2013)
Snapdragon battery guru for snapdragon processors are damn good
10. boomboom (Posts: 53; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
I hav rooted my s4 4.3 gt-i9500 day before yesterday and instead of giving me the battery life as mention in this article after root my battery was decreasing like a thirsty person drinking water. Even in stand by mode my battery was way down to 40% from 90% within a period of 50min.
11. joey_sfb (Posts: 2896; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Just use CPU Tuner in Simple and Powerful mode. It throttle down your phone in idle mode and keep the phone in max performance while you are using it.
This way i get an additional half day battery life from my phone. I don't have a S4 so i don't know whether it will work as well. I only rooted my Galaxy tab 7.7 after out of warranty.
13. Planterz (Posts: 756; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
Tried it on my rooted Razr Maxx. Can't comment on battery life, but using AI mode made things choppy and slow. Or rather, choppier and slower than usual.
14. Max_Boost (Posts: 53; Member since: 22 Sep 2012)
Deep Sleep Battery Saver Pro works FAR BETTER than the One Power Guard Pro.
15. RSudhakar (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
Just rooting and removing bloatware helped me save battery by around 25%.
16. Teja171 (unregistered)
Sony stamina mode is the best.
All these stupid rooted apps never work as expected.
I'm happy with what SONY has done on the Xperia Z1 :)