Android app can detect Carrier IQ on your phone
0. phoneArena 02 Dec 2011, 05:48 posted on
Carrier IQ is the new hotness when it comes to creepy tactics to get a hold of user data, but there is a new app for Android phones which will let you know whether or not the software is running on your device...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. networkdood (Posts: 5508; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
There is an app than can remove CIQ, if detected, as well as set IPV6 privacy, remove CIQ and stop any app from creating log files. .
Look for TrevE's Logging Testapp on the market - ProKey version is suppose to remove CIQ.
3. taz89 (Posts: 1944; Member since: 03 May 2011)
just checked gs2 uk unbranded on t mobile. no carrier IQ for me
4. iKingTrust (banned) (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
And this is what i mean Remixfa DID not troll this article.
5. iKingTrust (banned) (Posts: 716; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
I know I Trolled this time just to prove a point
8. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
There's nothing to troll here you idiot.
Android releases an app to detect CarrierIQ... big whoop, can you say the same for the iPhone4?
There. Happy now?
10. jroc74 (Posts: 3977; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
I think iKing missed this article:
Like you said...all this is is an Android app to detect if you have it.
12. systamatics (Posts: 63; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
LOL , apple just confessed its in all previous ios, but not on ios5
9. systamatics (Posts: 63; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
what the hell?? i cant understand anything from the app , what the hell are the detection scores!
11. corporateJP (Posts: 1287; Member since: 28 Nov 2009)
Props to this dude for uping the ante with the quickness.
Take that, Big Brother!