Android and iOS users can cut their data consumption in half with Google Chrome
0. phoneArena 15 Jan 2014, 17:00 posted on
Google announced on Wednesday that the mobile version of the Chrome browser will feature a way for you to save on your data usage by as much as 50%. According to the Mountain View based tech titan, 20% of U.S.adults do the majority of their browsing online. The only problem with depending on your mobile browser is the consumption of data when you're not connected to a Wi-Fi network...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
11. sriuslywtf (Posts: 297; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Use Puffin browser. Highly recommended!
12. N-fanboy (Posts: 543; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
Best way to save data... TURN IMAGES OFF. Whenever i use a browser, i usually want to read something. So i don't need to see the images which make it load slower and scroll weired. (this page on opera (mobile view) is 642kb with images on and 29kb images off.)
16. ronjr123 (Posts: 83; Member since: 16 Feb 2012)
I would really like to use chrome but it doesn't support text reflow like dolphin. So until it does I won't.
17. dickwyn (Posts: 621; Member since: 07 May 2012)
wasn't this introduced like late last year ?
20. Teja171 (unregistered)
Switch to wifi rather than using mobile data, IF possible
23. datsyuk (Posts: 179; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
Really want to use Chrome or the Chrome beta but the AOSP browser never hitches up on pinch to zoom or anything else while Chrome lags a bit.
28. luigi0824 (Posts: 48; Member since: 06 Aug 2013)
chrome sucks on my phone! baidu browser is much better
29. wolverinexmen9 (Posts: 111; Member since: 31 Mar 2011)
I just got an update for chrome today but the "whats new" area says "print from Chrome on Android KitKat devices and Stability and security updates." Totally different from this new discussed update. BTW, does anyone have a link to an APK file from the internet so I can use this feature faster? I can't find one and I don't wanna download load Chrome beta just to deleted in a couple of days when the updates comes out from the original version.
30. hemedans (Posts: 520; Member since: 01 Jun 2013)
if chrome reduce data that mean they use proxy to compress your data. and we all know what happen when google get opportunities like this. 100% they are going to steal our data.
40. hemedans (Posts: 520; Member since: 01 Jun 2013)
time will tell. soon you will hear people complain.
41. rob5150 (Posts: 162; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
You can always download chrome beta from the play store to have the advanced features
44. MobileMac (unregistered)
I used dolphin for flash. However, Next browser replaced that. I works just as good as Chrome in rendering web pages.
45. marbovo (Posts: 658; Member since: 16 May 2013)
Yes, NSA will love just have to go to google to see the whole content I´m viewing, no thanks.