Android One might get officially introduced at a Google event on September 15 in India
0. phoneArena 01 Sep 2014, 06:51 posted on
Undoubtedly, Android L stole the show at Google's I/O keynote a tad over two months ago, but let's not forget that Mountain View also unveiled and showcased several other things, most notably Android Auto, Android Auto, and Android One. The latter aims to bring Android to the “next 5 billion people” and is targeted at emerging markets, such as India...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Iodine (Posts: 1201; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
Ok google, make your OEM's loose money for the sake of marketshare....
They will not tolerate this for long, if people aren't willing to pay for the phones, the things will blow up quickly.
8. LetsBeHonest (Posts: 1268; Member since: 04 Jun 2013)
Actually these OEM's produce nice smartphones with best price to value ratio but this time it comes with stock android experience with future updates. So i think it benefits these OEMs rather than loosing money. So i think it's great move from Google which benefits customers(us) alot.
11. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3639; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
What are you talking about? Google isn't making anyone do anything. If an OEM makes a phone for this program, it will clearly be by their own choice. Where do you people gets these idiotic comments from? Do you even tech, bro?
2. dushyant (Posts: 94; Member since: 14 Mar 2011)
good guy google.., wants everyone to have a smartphone.
4. arenanew (Posts: 251; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
google is dust plz dont launch in india otherwise i throw whole google in gutter
9. dushyant (Posts: 94; Member since: 14 Mar 2011)
How can u throw google in gutter, its technically impossible,
do you realise that google is a company, not a person or thing??
6. arenanew (Posts: 251; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
yes every have buggy and dirt hanging device
14. SamDroid (unregistered)
You are making zero sense.
18. vladislavvaz (Posts: 12; Member since: 19 May 2014)
you are trying so hard to act as a android hatter.. but let me tell u something ... you suck at it man.. so give up...
3. mitoita (Posts: 76; Member since: 03 Apr 2014)
a smartphone with android.......to watch more easy all pple in the world :)
5. arenanew (Posts: 251; Member since: 30 Dec 2013)
google is useless company no innovation in 12 years just feeding on youtube and boring add search
16. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Yeah, go back under the bridge.
7. Guti986 (Posts: 78; Member since: 26 Dec 2013)
My guess based on the invite, with the blocks (or modules) , is that it'll have something to do with project Ara.