Android Market now supports multiple APKs
0. phoneArena 21 Jul 2011, 17:27 posted on
In a move that seems like just one more way to combat fragmentation, Google has made it possible for developers to manage multiple APKs for a single application, meaning developers can have different versions of a single app designed for different devices or OS versions...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Apple has been doing this for ages. As usual, Google is slow to catch up.
5. beatlesfan (Posts: 150; Member since: 03 Mar 2011)
I seriously think the only thing you do all day is get on pa to comment on articles about android just to get a rise out of people. Go outside and play or something, little boy.
22. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Oh yeah, like you guys do to iPhone articles? Pot kettle black. And btw, the beatles weren't good.
26. deezy (Posts: 46; Member since: 10 Feb 2011)
Your apple god likes to think otherwise Miz but I agree. Overrated for sure.
28. beatlesfan (Posts: 150; Member since: 03 Mar 2011)
I dont know what you mean by you guys first of all. I am not a blind sheep to any brand or product. Secondly you're going to knock the beatles and you're a Wwe fan. Typical 15 year old boy to like watching grown men in tights wrestling around with h each other but not appreciate good music.
7. GALAXY-S (Posts: 701; Member since: 07 Jun 2011)
sorry miz, but apple is the one having to do all the catching up now,
hmm 2007 os... umm ya apple is quite a bit behind now...
18. E.N. (Posts: 2329; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
Android OS hasn't changed since G1. New animations and new clocks.....basically the same format more or less
20. MOUAZ (unregistered)
format does nothing ... microsoft windows for pc have the same format ... even apple .... every os has its own interface ... ANDROID ROX . . . where u get freedom
27. wassup (Posts: 565; Member since: 23 Jun 2011)
what about adding flash support, NFC, and the different skins that manufacturers add to change its look
2. remixfa (Posts: 13930; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
hey miz, how is that multitasking, dual core, improved notifications, with customizable backgrounds n such working on the iphone..
oh its not.
As usual, idiot ibots have nothing to say of relevance or fact.
So, apple has been doing this for ages? why? according to all you iBots there is only "1 iphone" against the android army. if that were true ,then there wouldnt need to be multiple versions of the app for multiple variations of the iphone and iOS's... lol
8. networkdood (Posts: 6274; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Awesome...lol...why are people such...youknowwhats??
19. E.N. (Posts: 2329; Member since: 25 Jan 2009)
When considering growth and sales, it's mainly the iPhone 4 versus a handful of Android devices. But that doesn't mean there aren't users using 3GS or even 3G. Don't be dumb.
Dual core is the only thing missing. Customizable backgrounds are too I guess, but I think we'll live.
But why is google bothering? Developers have shown that they don't really care that much about Android. Can't say I blame them either.
23. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Hey remixfa, how's those forced closes, the personal permission requirment apps, the background data usage, and so on treating you?
Oh yeah lol, I just described android phones because we all know how inferior they are to an Apple device. It's a fact.
3. downphoenix (Posts: 2357; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
good move from google. Hopefully this means apps designed for all platforms like Facebook and Google maps will finally get SD card install options.
6. Tmachaveli (Posts: 425; Member since: 01 Apr 2011)
shut up miz all u do is talk sh*t like your iphone is a dam god that sh*t so 2007..wake up..excuse me while i go play with my dual core droid sorry can apple say that i dont think so
9. networkdood (Posts: 6274; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Why is everything GOOGLE v APPLE?? GOOG+ on APPLE MARKET is doing great, so there is proof that the 2 can get along.
24. The_Miz (Posts: 1496; Member since: 06 Apr 2011)
Because Apple is a far better OS maker than Google's Android. I think Google should rename Android to Bugdroid since Android is so damn buggy lol.
32. networkdood (Posts: 6274; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Weird, my phone does not have such bugs on it and it specs are better than IPHONE 2G all they wau to IPHONE 4.
10. christianqwerty (Posts: 460; Member since: 05 May 2011)
You guys are stupid.. dont pay attention to the obvious trolls, i love apple as much as the next guy, but you can obviously tell that people like the_miz are just trolls trying to make you mad as a joke.... >.
11. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
I just see this as getting confusing for the many many people who have no idea how to work phones. But who cares about those people? They should learn anyways. I'm OK with this.
12. Forsaken77 (Posts: 548; Member since: 09 Jun 2011)
I was just thinking the same thing. There's sooo many people that have no idea what version of Android their phone is running. Actually... I'd go so far as to say MOST people don't know what version they have. We know cause we're smart-phone freaks, lol, but the average joe has no clue.
15. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
Totally true I laugh a little inside when I ask someone what version of Android they are running and they give a look like a dog when its confused. They cock their head ever so slightly and just stare with a glazed look over their eyes.
13. remixfa (Posts: 13930; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
what im curious about is what this will do to the app market numbers when apps get aggregated under one heading. Will they still "count" as 2 separate apps or will google just count each heading as 1 app no matter how many variations are in the market.
16. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
Interesting I hope it's the latter because it will feel like cheating on Google's part to up their app count.
17. droidnator (Posts: 87; Member since: 10 Mar 2011)
So, Google is progressing, and Android is improving again. What's new :)
29. anirudhshirsat97 (Posts: 396; Member since: 24 May 2011)
i use android and apple....android phone is better than i phone, but the ipad is better, thats my opinion. My sgs2 is away better than the i-phone, waaaayyyy better in every department.the iphone was my 1st choice for a new phone till the arrival of the sgs2.
Just stating facts..
31. DroidGod (Posts: 48; Member since: 09 Jul 2011)
Miz Forceclosing? Laggy? I have the DROID rooted, and overclocked. My ORIGINAL DROID never lags and its called "Fix Permissions" for those FC issues, if there are any that is ;) Your Iphone sucks ass. Please go in detail of EXACTLY why your Iphone is so godly? This should interesting :p
33. networkdood (Posts: 6274; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Can you FIX PERMISSIONS on an iphone APP?