Android KitKat update leaks for Galaxy S4, here are the changes and how to install it on GT-I9505 (screenshots)
- Back the content of your handset up as you should do prior to any such firmware update efforts. Remember, this is for model GT-I9505, country code: Open Europe, product code: OXA. The changelist is 276328, build date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 23:30:51 +0000.
- Download SamMobile's I9505XXUFNA1_I9505OXAFNA1_I9505XXUFNA1_OXA.zip upload and extract it. The file is 1.5 GB, so the TeraFile service will ask you to create a free account, before it lets you download files larger than 1 GB.
- Download Odin3 v3.09, Samsumg's firmware upgrade software, if you don't have it already, and start it.
- The phone now has to be restarted in downloading regime by pressing and holding the Home + Power + Volume down buttons keys all at the same time
- Hook the Galaxy S4 with an USB cable to your computer, and wait until Odin indexes it, indicated with a blue sign
- Click the Add button in Odin, and point the file browser to the firmware file I9505XXUFNA1_I9505OXAFNA1_I9505XXUFNA1_HOME.tar.md5, wherever you extracted it in the second step. Don't tick the re-partition option, or untick it if it's checkmarked.
- Press on the start button and wait until the update is finished. If you encounter any forceclose, boot loop and so on error, press Home+Power+Volume up on your handset to get into the recovery mode, and choose to wipe/factory reset, which will return your phone to the stock state, erasing all your data on the internal and card storage.
- After the update is over, press on the reboot option, and you would be loading into Android 4.4 KitKat on your GT-I9505 Samsung Galaxy S4
Android 4.4 KitKat on Samsung Galaxy S4
5. ihavenoname (Posts: 1312; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Yeah. I hope it comes to Note 3 as well soon as possible. Really good-looking update, makes Touchwiz look cleaner and better looking.
18. molanjames (Posts: 64; Member since: 11 Oct 2012)
Hi @zakiroi i am not sure about galaxy s3 but there is good news for AT&T Galaxy S4 that finally Android 4.4 KitKat firmware leaked for their devices today
it is kitkat 4.4 not 4.4.2
4. Mian.Shahzad (Posts: 23; Member since: 08 Dec 2013)
what about i9500 ?? can i use it on i9500 ??
6. DEATHSTROKE9 (Posts: 398; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Hmmmmm.... So what exactly has changed?
7. livyatan (Posts: 675; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
The only ugly and non changeable aspect of the TouchWiz - system settings/drop down notification area - has remained the same!
9. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Yh don't think we going to see any major change in ui until the s5 which will come with the tw ui. My guess is that after the s5 is on the market for a month or 2 then Samsung will put the new ui on its current devices.. Same thing happened with the s2 and s3. I'm just happy that the green icon is gone and we will be getting kit kat soon. As for the new notification shade, I think it will look like the one show in the new Samsung pro tablets..
13. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3935; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I really hope they change the notification/quick settings panel in the new version. Not only is it's design ugly, but it's also poorly optimized on tablets. It takes up the entire screen on the Galaxy Tab, 7" and 10", and it looks terrible.
8. bkzebraphone (Posts: 36; Member since: 12 Dec 2012)
I was hoping for a design change in touchwiz :/ maybe the final or real version will be different. I was gonna wait for the S5 but idk now.
11. samsuper (Posts: 29; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
Waiting for new kitkat features on my s4 .
14. choklatwasted (Posts: 15; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
i just flashed GE4.4.2 last night but im one of the few that actually likes touchwiz so ill give this a go in a sec
16. GeekMovement (Posts: 1499; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Don't know what all the rave is about this new look. It does look nicer with the flat design, but other than that, I can barely tell a difference. I'll look forward to seeing if the S5 brings anything else..
17. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 629; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Looks a little toned down (memory consumption wise)... Hoping for the same..
19. posvar8 (Posts: 1; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
I downloaded the huge 1.5G file...12 plus hours later unpacked it and no where is the I9505XXUFNA1_I9505OXAFNA1_I9505XXUFNA1_HOME.tar.md5 found! Am I not seeing something here or did TeraFile just not include it?