Android KitKat statue unveiling video may show off the LG Nexus 5
0. phoneArena 03 Sep 2013, 18:07 posted on
Google kind of shocked us earlier today by announcing that the next major version of Android would be Android 4.4, and not 5.0, and even more of a shock was that the name itself is an advertisement, because Android 4.4 will be nicknamed KitKat. But, that's not the only surprise that you'll find around this whole thing, because the recently released video showing the new KitKat statue may also show off the Nexus 5...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. _Bone_ (Posts: 2148; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Yup... Either a genius product placement or incredibly lousy job by Google. There is no existing Nexus phone that looks like that. So it can only be the Nexus 5.
6. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1313; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
I'm pretty sure that the shot has been staged. You have a Nexus 4 and Nexus 5 almost side by side and you can clearly see the details. Too much to be a mistake.
11. _Bone_ (Posts: 2148; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Staged then. But the logo is pretty clearly LG, there are a few frames of the sun reflecting it.
21. ricardonfr (Posts: 1; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Definitely staged. Not only do you have a nexus 4 and possible nexus 5 on the front you get the galaxy nexus on the back (at least it definitely looks like one). It's typical of google to do this suggestive advertising to get us going without showing too much
27. alila2 (Posts: 118; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
it is definitely LG , but have you noticed that big ass camera on the back, that must be good.
16. promise7 (Posts: 563; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
i think staged too because that person got multiple camera shots in the video. i think they were maybe trying for a tease for all the fans.
30. akki20892 (Posts: 3783; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Sony Nexus.......another version of xperia Z1 aka-honami
camera is on left and flash is bottom of camera absolutely like xperia z1 aka-honami
39. boosook (Posts: 1254; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
It has an LG logo, big and clear, on the back.
2. miguelmeza14 (Posts: 61; Member since: 20 Apr 2013)
Looks like a smaller nexus 7, and yes, it's made by LG.
3. Kishin (Posts: 695; Member since: 30 May 2013)
I knew it
No wonder why the price of the Nexus 4 dropped that much
4. ayephoner (Posts: 837; Member since: 09 Jun 2009)
it looks big. the girl to his left is using a nexus 4 and it looks bigger (and thinner).
8. MistB (Posts: 581; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Slimmer physique/frame of the woman make the Nexus 4 look larger whereas the larger frame of the guy make the supposed image of the Nexus 5 look smaller. Picture them both swapping devices (especially the woman) and you can see the difference in size.
5. Kishin (Posts: 695; Member since: 30 May 2013)
I am already imagining the specs!!! =Nexus 5
But i still want the G2
13. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Nexus 5 = Cheaper G2 with same specs and guranteed updates.
19. PK1983 (Posts: 215; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
And no weird back of the device power and volume keys.
9. irellemot (Posts: 108; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
Yep, notice how you can see the guy holding the supposed nexus 5, the girl next to him with the nexus 4, and the guy in the background with the galaxy nexus, this had to be planned.
10. jan25 (Posts: 442; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
Is it me or does the phone look massive for a 5 incher? Looks too wide too, either way i can't wait.
14. Hammerfest (Posts: 378; Member since: 12 May 2012)
it does look wide... and if it has a 16:10 screen over the Note 3's 16:9 screen, it WILL be my next phone...
Till then, I will hold my OG Galaxy Note till it cant do what I want it to do!
15. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 736; Member since: 11 May 2013)
Looks great and reminds me of htc 2012 back cover styles ;)
17. Danishs (Posts: 147; Member since: 23 May 2013)
Looks legit. It will have the same material back as the nexus 7 and a great camera. If he's actually holding and using it i'm wondering just how soon it'll be announced
18. promise7 (Posts: 563; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
i guess it's that big assuming it'll be 5.2" like the g2. i was kind of hoping for a curved back.
20. dancorcal (Posts: 39; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
If it has SD 800 and the same camera as g2...sold
22. JunitoNH (Posts: 1286; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Excuse me.....excuse me please. Everyone with an iPhone, can you please take the back rolls, thank you.
25. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7030; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Scrumptious idea. can't wait till KITKAT comes out. think i'll hold off till OCT too see what the KITKAT LG NEXUS will looks like first.
28. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
For being a prototype looks fine to me... But I'm more interested in that camera hump
29. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4174; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
A prototype about a month away from release? I'm not so sure.
And there doesn't seem to be any camera hump, maybe just a thin ring around the opening, which is huge.
35. Doctor_Drei (Posts: 18; Member since: 27 Jul 2013)
New Google Nexus Phone Leaked, Could Be An LG Made or SONY?
36. Taters (Posts: 4660; Member since: 28 Jan 2013)
Looks good to me. I wish it was a little bit smaller but a smaller version if the Nexus 7 fhd is nice looking.
If its bigger than the G2 I might just go for the G2 though.
40. Petiha (Posts: 3; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
On another note, I have a HTC One, and the fhd Nexus 7. I think if that the new Nexus 5 would be anything bigger than my HTC One, I would either buy a Nexus 5 and a biggerish tablet (like 8 inch) or keep the Nexus 7 and keep/buy a smaller phone.. I don't think a lot of people would go for a Nexus 5 and a Nexus 7. That's one product killed in favor of another... But sure, they have the Nexus 10 then. :)
42. stylin1739 (Posts: 2; Member since: 27 Jun 2011)
So what happens after they develop the Nexus 6? What will be the next Nexus phone be called?