Android Jelly Bean update might roll this week for the Sony Xperia P, Go, S, SL, acro S and ion
1. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Good news! But what about the Android 4.2 Jelly Bean update for the Xperia Z?
4. Scarambay (Posts: 44; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Sony waits for other OEMs like Samsung, HTC to roll out KLP to their respective flagships and then roll out JB 4.2. Haha!
10. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4108; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Sadly, it's kind of true. Though I don't expect Sony to delay 4.2 until other OEMs release KLP, KLP will definitely be out for Nexus devices before Sony releases 4.2 for the Xperia Z.
19. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Yeah, I agree with you. Same as HTC, KLP will be out for Nexus devices before HTC releases 4.2 for the One, same as Sony!
Geez.....they're damn slow!
22. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4108; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Who knows really. HTC has really made a turn around with the One, they might just pull out an update to 4.2 before Google I/O. HTC is the manufacturer with the fastest updates after all.
26. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Why dont you buy a nexus if you care about updates ?
18. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Sadly it's kinda true... Sony release an update just before a new update is announced.. That's nearly a year wait for an update and much longer than most other Oems.. My brother has the xperia s which was apparently sonys 2012 flagship device but that's device came on gingerbread when most other devices were on ics and then got ics after jb was released I think... And now it's getting jb when klp is just around the corner.. It seems to Sony wait for a new version to be released before they update.. Imo a nearly a year wait os not acceptable. My s3 had jb before my brothers xperia s got ics and frankly that's not right.. Considering these 2 phones were the flagships for the first half of 2012 and were released close to one another test should be getting updates near same time.
20. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Who will be the first to get KLP? It will definitely be Nexus devices.
The second, I think it will be the Galaxy S4, cuz the Galaxy S4 is running JB 4.2 out of the box.
What's left? Sony Xperia Z, HTC One, LG Optimus G Pro etc.
And I have a feeling that the LG Optimus G Pro will be the third to get KLP, I don't know why. lol
21. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Yep I would say your spot on but other than nexus devices which will obviously get update 1st, all the other devices should be getting klp around the same time as they will all be getting klp source code at the same time.. Dont think it matters that s4 is on the latest now.
9. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2725; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
HTC would still have to roll out 4.2 before they get to KLP, also.
27. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
Sony and HTC should have skipped 4.2 and go straight to KLP
4.2 just brings minor gmmicky stuff that doesnt bring a whole lot of improvements to the performance UI etc
2. loken (Posts: 462; Member since: 09 May 2012)
Good job sony i bet its not buggy as samsung releases
8. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Lol sony is known for buggy OS updates.. and even initial OS version of their newly released phone haha
13. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6736; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
N youre known for your hypocrite analysis against Sony
15. kclgphilsbsa (Posts: 765; Member since: 21 Jan 2013)
Lol not an analysis.. haha personal experience..
23. oister85 (Posts: 410; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
True I think we got the same experience.
thanks for jb update my xperia tablet is performing better
25. Feanor (Posts: 330; Member since: 20 Jun 2012)
I got this update too and I must say it's very solid and completely bug-free. Great job from Sony.
5. Scarambay (Posts: 44; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
According to Sony, the single A5 core of Xperia J can push 245 pixels per inch while running on JB 4.1 but the two A9 cores of Xperia U can't push 280 pixels per inch, given the same amount of RAM in both the phones. How cute!
11. IliyaBeshkov (Posts: 244; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
So what the Xperia J with Jelly Bean is still laggy.. that old hardware is good for Gingerbread only :(
28. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
nah , ICS . Gingerbread sucks
14. Igneel (unregistered)
It's the GPU. Mali eats more RAM than Adreno 200. It has been explained somewhere.
29. thelegend6657 (unregistered)
not that much of a difference
12. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6736; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Sony doing hell of a job updating all their device
17. lorenzattractor (Posts: 64; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
How is it that the Xperia Go gets the Jelly Bean treatment, and the Xperia Sola doesn't? What gives?
30. gundamexia450 (Posts: 26; Member since: 21 Dec 2011)
Im dying to wait for the JB update for xperia p to come to usa.