Android 5.0 makes its first appearance in benchmarks, spotted on a mysterious Sony LT30i
0. phoneArena 20 Nov 2012, 02:08 posted on
Android 4.2 Jelly Bean has just been released, but while that was a minor update, we are still looking forward for the big changes coming when Android graduates to 5.0…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. AWiseGuy (Posts: 68; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
Assuming it's legit, it's clear this device doesn't have soft buttons else the resolution would be 1196x720 rather than 1280. As to whether or not it's actually legit, I wouldn't know. It's just odd that 5.0 would be in testing so early after 4.2 was released, which to me casts some doubt over it all.
7. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 7824; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Google is rolling out updates far too quickly.
28. CellularNinja (Posts: 306; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
I see what you're saying. But, what? Are you asking Google to give you all the updates to make your phone better later rather than sooner? No. Of they've got some great new features they can add, I think they should roll the update out as soon as it is ready
33. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4219; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
But that leaves a lot of phones in the dust, and makes consumers feel obligated to buy new products more often. Even with Nexus devices, you get 2-3 updates immediately (unlocked), maybe 3-4 with the Nexus 4 hardware; if Google releases the updates as soon as they're ready, that would be about 2-3 updates a year.
Google needs to hold out updates by maybe 1 or 2 a year. phones are just now getting Jelly Bean 4.1, now there's 4.2 and now this rumored 5.0?
44. blazee (Posts: 395; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
Google is not rolling out updates too quickly, its the carries and manufacturers that are just not rolling them out quick enough. I think it makes much more sense to release improvements or new features as soon as possible rather then wait till next year just so everyone could catch up. Now if having the latest software is that important to you as soon as it comes out, then just go w a nexus device.
11. LOL_rightNOW (Posts: 2; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
I bet android 5 will be as disappointing as nexus 4 with its sad display of performs that lags and freezes, an embarassing camera with feature that no one would ever use, and for goodness even the lg optimus g out perform the nexus. But what do andrones say "OH IT MUST BE A DRIVER AND SOFTWARE ISSUE" bleh please lets just say that people like apple and even good ole lg knows how to make a better phone than---- google...
18. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1025; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
You do understand that LG wanted to work with Google on the Nexus 4, right? They both collaborated together on the device.
As far as a camera with a "feature that no one would ever use", I will certainly laugh at that statement when a few months from now Apple comes out with their own version of the same feature and everyone calls it "genius".
23. mr.techdude (Posts: 569; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
U r write in a away but too far LG are not popular when it comes to smartphone industry and I'm unhappy that google chose LG as there nexus device I'm shocked and pulling hairs because it would have been way more successful for HTC to make it, I wanted HTC to make a nexus but hopefully they will have there turn next year
24. mr.techdude (Posts: 569; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
And srlsly why did google roll out 4.2 when they could have saved all that niffty features to 5.0, I'm an android fan and now that google (android)is crushing the competition it shows me that releasing updates too early makes them think that there fans are not gonna care especially when my HTC one x gets updated to jelly bean and now there's 4.2 I have to wait and then there's 5.0 its going to make fans frustrated
32. troutsy (Posts: 303; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
You should write your comments using correct words in the form of sentences.
39. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I was going to be a grammar nazi and try to correct him. There are way too many mistakes for that.
25. yowanvista (Posts: 340; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Please, save yourself some time and go troll elsewhere.
36. dsmboost (Posts: 46; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
lol obviously it is a software issue if the Optimus G outperforms the Nexus 4 and they have identical chipsets..
40. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1203; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
its clear you dunno wachya talkin bout and you're just some noob who is a hater!There aint no way Key Lime Pie cant be good....and I just love PIES :)
47. raphael007 (Posts: 43; Member since: 12 Jun 2012)
After reading your post, I was trying to come up with an answer that would fit, but after spotting your name I now understand why you post such a thing and all I can do is LOL_rightnow.
12. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 377; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Next Android update Google I/O 2013......
19. Victor.H (Posts: 578; Member since: 27 May 2011)
Agreed. It's hard not to agree with AWiseGuy.
31. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
Agreed. It's crap. And the possibility of them announcing/ launching it at the beginning of the year? about 0.000000001%.
55. gelo0291 (Posts: 16; Member since: 06 Nov 2012)
adreno 220, really? that is a snapdragon s3! what in the world do i need an android 5.0 for such a garbage processor.. i think they mean adreno 320, snapdragon s4-prime?
15. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1025; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
The Sony Nexus that was rumored was indeed debunked, but it does not mean Sony could not be working with Google on a Nexus device for in the future. If they were to be working on such a phone, they could be using this device for software testing.
22. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
But the hardware can't go backwards. Nexus 4 is a qualcom-quad so it's unlikely they'd go back to qualcom-dual. I'm thinking for the next Nexus they'd be using the next gen tegra or even the supposedly last TI OMAP chip.
16. ScottSchneider (Posts: 328; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
Beep Beep Beep Beep....
Auto Scan Complete...
9. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1025; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I highly doubt an Adreno 220 GPU would be in a Nexus device unless they are trying to sell one at $100. This is a low to mid-tier phone.
3. bossmt_2 (Posts: 445; Member since: 13 Oct 2009)
I don't think they roll it out that soon. But who knows. They're changing the Nexus model otherwise I'd guess November next year. Regardless I'm bummed with Nexus if they're gonna leave the devices off of Verizon.
43. flexile (Posts: 78; Member since: 03 Jun 2012)
I know the one that supposedly leak was a hoax, however, the guy who made it said that his intentions were to make Sony see the potential of a Xperia Nexus, so maybe there's the result...
5. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 7824; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
A lot of android devices are just now getting ICS or still stuck on ICS even though jelly bean is now at 4.2. This is going to cause even more devices to become unsupported.
14. anywherehome (Posts: 971; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
so buy a Nexus and you have no problem.....its your choice ;)
37. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
but android users always brag about the amount of choice...if your saying buy a nexus only then there isnt any point having all those android phones coming out
38. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
I have 4.2 on my Droid RAZR, N7 and Captivate....
45. SellPhones82 (Posts: 569; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
What do you mean by unsupported? How does a phone having 4.04, or 4.1.2, or 4.2 have anything to do with support? ICS and above are what most apps are designed for. The only main thing I see would be Google Now and really how is that any different from Apple not having Siri on the iPhone 4? So is the iPhone 4 unsupported then? Should Google just send out half a$$ed updates with the new features removed and still call it a "new" OS...al la Apple?
13. ScottSchneider (Posts: 328; Member since: 06 Dec 2011)
Definitely The Google/Sony Xperia NExUS.... Another 4 months and we'll have another monster in our pockets....
20. someones4 (Posts: 622; Member since: 16 Sep 2012)
Mxyzptlk certainly has a lot to comment on this article. Are you concerned about the unlimited genius of Google?
21. Schuler2828 (Posts: 59; Member since: 04 Jul 2012)
Anyone else find it astonishing that smartphones have such good graphics? Soon they will be close with console gaming, by then let's hope console gaming is in the future
26. ghostnexus (Posts: 96; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Just maybe Google is releasing all these updates to get manufacturers and carriers to get their act together. I for one don't want these updates to slow down, I wouldn't want to wait a year to get iOS 6 and it's bag of disappointment.
27. josephnero (Posts: 515; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
You can easily do a build.prop edit and change the Android version
29. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 558; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
The fps are fast! Even with the old Adreno 220 for the S3 chips!
30. radeon (Posts: 11; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
74.5 fps from Adreno 220 ??? That sounds too nice to be true cz my Xperia S has it and only gets about 37.5 fps in nenamark2
34. megamiraz (Posts: 3; Member since: 21 Oct 2012)
im still on 2.3 , my phone didn't have an update for ICS T_T
and 5 is coming soon
by the time i have money to buy new phone , it will have 6 already~
to fast XD
41. vandroid (Posts: 323; Member since: 04 Sep 2012)
This is f*ckin rediculous I don't even have jelly bean yet
42. crazymonkey05 (Posts: 166; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
this is bullsh*t i have a device more then capable of running JB but no update for me!!! ;(
46. SellPhones82 (Posts: 569; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
Are you on VZW by chance? If so, that's your problem and you need to root! If I can have ICS and JB on a 3 year old EVO then I'm sure there is a Rom for whatever phone you have.
51. crazymonkey05 (Posts: 166; Member since: 20 Nov 2012)
ohhhh i have root its just that verizon locked my bootloader so i cant flash kernels so no ics/JB for me.....BTW i have a Sony Ericsson Xperia Play
48. bayusuputra (Posts: 961; Member since: 12 Feb 2012)
Well, I saw android 7.9 in Antutu.. Desire S running 7.9.. LOL!
50. TMach (Posts: 439; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
So long as the next Nexus is produced by Sony or HTC with top specs, I don't care about how soon KLP is released.
52. grbrao (Posts: 92; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
Its all money game that google/service porvider/device makers is playing guys. They dont even care about costumers like apple do. I agree that apple may not be upto the expecations, but have u ever thought? i have apple 3Gs and it got updated to ios6 its almost four years old. Apple care about there costumers, they release the iOS and they even announce the date when the devices are gonna get updates. My brother is using S-II after a long wait he got ICS recently. Android clams to be open source etc., but why it is not available as soon as it is released?
53. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
No mate no company cares about you, and ios6 on the 3gs is water down
So to set it straight Google,apple,microsoft all don't care about you
54. sscott3548 (Posts: 15; Member since: 04 Apr 2012)
as excited as i get for updates, alot of phones still dont have ics. Only a few have JB and now theres talks of 5.0? yes google thanks for being ever changing however thats just a bit fast dont you think? lets take it slow enjoy one relationship before looking forward to the next one. If they take more time to dish out updates the updates could be more meaningful.
56. Fresh2death (Posts: 11; Member since: 16 Nov 2012)
i new a new phone already lol I'm stuck with the Atrix 4g thats not even 4g