Android 5.0 coming to Samsung Galaxy S 4, Galaxy S III, Galaxy Note II
0. phoneArena 18 Mar 2013, 08:38 posted on
Chances are that the next major release of Android, believed to be codenamed Key Lime Pie, will be announced on May 15 during the annual Google I/O developer conference. What we're also pretty sure about is that only the best of all Android devices on sale today will get it, while low-end and most mid-range models will be stuck with previous releases indefinitely. Samsung, in particular, is expected to update the...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
4. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1298; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
they will get it as well , and i think the One x/X+ might get it too
9. AamirSIII (banned) (Posts: 187; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
in ur dreams bro!!! i even doubt that about HTC One!
66. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 2927; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
HTC has had a REALLY bad record lately of releasing a "flag ship" device then completely forgetting about it and releasing a new one in just a few months. I really hope they turn it around with The One but Samsung has been doing great with supporting their devices.
13. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5042; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
One X and X+ must get it, because they are also high-end smartphones.
54. Berzerk000 (Posts: 3865; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
The One X/X+ will get 4.2 in the Sense 5 update most likely.
30. krysis (Posts: 76; Member since: 14 Dec 2009)
What about waiting for an announce from htc and sony instead of freaking out about them not being mentioned in a clearly samsung related article?
40. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5042; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
I was just hoping that PA can find some information of Sony and HTC devices getting Android 5.0.
34. bubbadoes (Posts: 319; Member since: 03 May 2012)
article is about Samsung products getting 5.0, not Motorola, HTC, LG, etc. I am more than sure that the One will be getting Key Lime
57. PAPINYC (Posts: 2171; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Unfortunately, the U.S. discontinued the R.I.F. program long before today's generation had a chance to partake in it; a true necessity in today's America especially with what is going on with non-private education in this country and today's youth.
38. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 701; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
dude they just talking about Samsung.......
41. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 701; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
i think more people here are mentally sick..... i just told that guy that this news is for Samsung mobiles update and some one just hit dislike button
43. xperiaDROID (Posts: 5042; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Don't tell me you are thinking that I'm the one who hit the dislike button.
47. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 701; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
dude i just reply on my own comment.... dont worry
68. Dadler22 (Posts: 161; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
this post is exclusively about the update schedule for samsung phones
2. NicoX (Posts: 13; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Why there is Galaxy y in the list of 4.2? it didnt even make it to 4.0
8. RohanM (Posts: 119; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
thats not galaxy y....... it's young & it's already on Android OS, v4.1.2 (Jelly Bean)
do some research before posting........
6. dirtydirty00 (Posts: 248; Member since: 21 Jan 2011)
whoa... the S3 is gonna get KLP? that got upgraded to JB and now also KLP? That means my S4 is gonna get KLP but also better get the next one as well (M____) (Macaroon?) (Mousse?)
15. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Of course it will.
Galaxy s2 got from 2.3 to 4.1, and S3 will go from 4.0 to 5.0.
Samsung is THE BEST when it comes to software updates
65. lsutigers (Posts: 695; Member since: 08 Mar 2009)
Not long ago HTC was MUCH better than Samsung at updates. But I agree, lately Samsung has done a great job updating Android phones and HTC has slipped, which is probably part of the reason they're smokin' HTC. Although I think the One X Jelly Bean delay was more AT&T's fault because the Sprint EVO LTE had JB way before it.
16. tech2 (Posts: 1746; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
OMG, you think the letter after K is M, WTF !!!!! o_O
42. Wiki_jaan (Posts: 701; Member since: 24 Jun 2012)
He thought L used in KLP and he moves to M
55. 90ninjas (Posts: 89; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
Perhaps the next upgrade will be Lemon Meringue Pie? I smell incremental upgrade. 0:
7. RohanM (Posts: 119; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
wow.... this is the real benefit of having a flagship phone. I am loving my sgs3 more & more after reading this..... :-)
31. SamsungELITE (unregistered)
yep so always buy a flagship phone rather than mid range so tht you can have all updates (flagship) that's the advantage.
39. Shubham412302 (Posts: 298; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
rather buy a nexus if 16gb its enough for you
46. baza58 (Posts: 19; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
You're right. I love my nexus 4 more and more after reading this. :D
10. deadstroke (Posts: 113; Member since: 22 Jan 2013)
l love it ...samsung doing a great work love it and l donot care yes!!lol
18. voxmarc (Posts: 299; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
My Sammy oh dont be like that!!!!let HTC fans and Sony fans Should receive this first in 2015....
19. wildcard (Posts: 65; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
samsung is the best in updated and that why l will samsung phone l love it and now wait for the updated yessssssss!!!
21. DarkShadow (Posts: 51; Member since: 01 Feb 2013)
like a say before what it count is the software l like this news love samsung go samsung !!!!
22. ghostnexus (Posts: 96; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
U.S didn't even get the premium suite for the S3
23. ahhxd717 (Posts: 316; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
Samsung has been on a roll with updates. This makes choosing my next phone even more difficult (which is good lol)
24. uchihakurtz (Posts: 206; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Woohoo!! I hope this is true, go go Samsung!
25. reyenrique (Posts: 84; Member since: 07 Oct 2012)
great news!! wow ur doing a great job Samsung
35. SamsungELITE (unregistered)
wrong sentence. It should be like this 'Samsung you always doing a great job as always" sorry haters but Samsung is always the very first to receive minor and major updates. Others brands? Nah they're the last one to receive forget about them lol
26. JudgeDroid (Posts: 1; Member since: 17 Mar 2013)
Hope Samsung finally decide to update S2(and Note too) because it has same RAM as S3 (1gb) and dual core 1.2ghz should suffice for Android 5.0...many millions of S2 and Note owners...
36. taz89 (Posts: 2008; Member since: 03 May 2011)
wont happen,the s2 and note got updated to 2 major os updates with ics and jb(i know not all markets have jb yet) and will get a 3rd semi big update to jb 4.2.2 so i dont think its going to happen even if samsung wanted to dont think the carriers will want to carry on supporting a 2+ year old device..
27. jan25 (Posts: 383; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
the real question is when they will be getting it.
28. jibraihimi (Posts: 642; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
What not a single major update for galaxy grand........???? It's new phone launched with jellybean, and they are not gonna update it to atleast one next major update....... This is simply pathetic......
29. ChrisG (Posts: 35; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
Hmm, what about the Galaxy Nexus? Didn't see any mention of that, or the Nexus 10. Any info on them?
33. voxmarc (Posts: 299; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
those are google devices... no qeue for you.
44. archangel9 (Posts: 230; Member since: 07 Feb 2010)
Beautiful!!! Even better than 4.2.2! 5/15 folks.This is going to be a great year for Android phones esp.Samsung and HTC.Not only the Note 2 (TMobile version) is getting the LTE update but also all of them getting KL pie.
48. g2a5b0e (Posts: 2097; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
Samsung continues to impress with their update support. Of course I'm sure I will be the proud owner of a Note 3 before 5.0 ever hits my Note 2, but hopefully not before it gets 4.2.
51. adk199 (Posts: 23; Member since: 04 Oct 2012)
I feel the same. Hope i can resist SG4 (SG3 atm) and wait for Note 3 :-)
(No hard feelings but the lack of updates is why i skipped HTC)
53. JEverettnow (Posts: 162; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
Yeah, I have been through hell with HTC's customer support trying to find fixes for the Evo 4g lte. They would tell me an update is coming soon, but when It came it destroyed the phone. Every update was worse than the one before.
60. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 961; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
I have the S3 and to have the Android 5.0 update is a good one. I'll probably upgrade to the Note II or III next year any way so I'll always be caught up with what Android has to offer
50. remyrz (Posts: 184; Member since: 28 Oct 2010)
dear galaxy s II.. these have been 2 beautiful years with you.. great experiences, and fun time.. capture lots of moments, found love.. all n' all.. you've been a great pocket partner.. but my dear old friend.. no ofense.. soon you'll be replaced.. best wishes :) xoxo.. still loving you: your owner
52. JEverettnow (Posts: 162; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
As much as the s4 and htc one seem cool, I think my s3 will do just fine for awhile ;)
58. Twisted247 (Posts: 196; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
S3 should be on the no go list. They have well over enough updates. They just need to upgrade if they want the latest and greatest.
59. Jeradiah3 (Posts: 961; Member since: 11 Feb 2010)
I love the fact that the S3 will get Android 5, which would probably be "Key Lime Pie". It may also be the last android upgrade the S3 will get as well...........which is ok for me
62. Cha7520 (Posts: 206; Member since: 31 Oct 2010)
My Nexus 4 will be the next cell phone to get 5.0! Stop lying Phone Arena!! LOL