Android 4.4.4 pushed out to Sony Xperia Z1s for T-Mobile customers
The Sony Xperia Z1s is a model similar to the Sony Xperia Z1, with some minor cosmetic changes. The phone also is IP58 certified for protection against dust and water, allowing it to survive a submersion to as deep as 5 feet of water for as long as 30 minutes.
When the phone launched, it came out of the box with Android 4.3 installed, so the update to Android 4.4.4 is the model's first foray into the world of KitKat. You will need to sync your handset to a computer to receive the update, so head over to www.sonymobile.com/update to get the ball rolling.
source: XperiaBlog via AndroidCentral
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The update isn't being pushed OTA, rather through the computer. Fix PA.
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8922; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The first screenshot even says computer required... Smh PA is getting worse at publishing articles.
2. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Hmm I updated my z1 to 4.4.4 a month a go.. My z2 is still on 4.4.2 for some reason. I hate the plug into the computer nonsense too
4. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3301; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Yeah Z2 is still on 4.4.2 I wonder if they'll skip to L directly or what.
5. billgates (banned) (Posts: 555; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Strange that the older model gets it first. Not that it makes my z2 any less awesome :-)
6. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3301; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
Yes indeed. It's already so smooth I doubt it needs any smaller updates. Just waiting for L :)
7. FoneRebel481 (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Aug 2014)
I received the update info on my Z1s on Thursday, Friday night it was gone.There is no update info in Sony's phone companion..Called Xperia care Saturday, to ask what happened to the update, Sorry says there is no update, but it must have been a glitch.. there is no 4.4.4. for the Z1s..So Sony says...