Android 4.4.3 soak test begins on Moto X, brings camera improvements and more
0. phoneArena 03 Jun 2014, 16:17 posted on
A couple days ago, we heard that a soak test was about to begin for Moto X users on T-Mobile (aka the unlocked Moto X), but it wasn't clear what the soak test would be for. It seemed odd that a bug fix update would push out for the Moto X before Nexus devices, but Android 4.4.3 started rolling out to Nexus devices, and now the 4.4.3 soak test has begun for Moto X users...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. md227a (Posts: 138; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
Let's hope carrier devices don't take to long to get the update.
5. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10407; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I got a email from Moto a few days ago about the T-Mobile Moto X soak test. It's 4.4.3.
2. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Why wasn't this available on the first version of Kitkat?
Did it take few months to realise this.
Looks like cowboys are employed at Google, not doing their job right?
Why not think a year in advance?
6. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
I'm sorry, I'm trying to figure out exactly what you're trying to complain about.
8. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
The 4.4.3 feautres and rectified errors that was on the first KK .
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10407; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Because it came with the 4.4.3 update...?
3. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4270; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Meanwhile, the 2012 Droids are on 4.4.2, and the 2013 Droids are still stuck on 4.4... Come on Motorola, you're better than this.
7. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Talk to Punit Soni on Google+. He's very good at responding to questions about updates.
4. sgtdisturbed47 (Posts: 374; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Shouldn't this be called a Beta test, and not a Soak test?
"Soak Testing also known as Endurance Testing is performed to determine if the application under test can sustain the continuous loads."
10. hurrycanger (Posts: 1551; Member since: 01 Dec 2013)
Meanwhile the new white Moto X is being sold for $275 on eBay. :)