Android 4.4.2 KitKat update starts rolling to the HTC One
0. phoneArena 28 Jan 2014, 09:05 posted on
The latest 4.19.401.8 firmware comes at the surprisingly slim 308.24 MB package, compared to some previous Android updates, too. Besides KitKat, the update will patch some security vulnerabilities, introduce cloud printing, extra Bluetooth profiles, and, sadly, the Adobe Flash player toggle will be gone from the browser, so you'll probably have to sideload it to experience Flash content...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. tech2 (Posts: 3363; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
They are mostly fast to release updates but are also fast to desert the device.
3. NoFanboy (Posts: 298; Member since: 18 Nov 2013)
So now everyone's gonna switch it up and start complaining about htc deserting a device instead of updates?
8. tech2 (Posts: 3363; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Let me break it down for you, buddy. Since you are having a lot of trouble with people straying away from the topic .
This article is about 'updates' and I am talking about HTC not 'updating' their device after a year or so has passed.
Was that clear enough for ya ?
7. abdane (Posts: 494; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
Why they removed the Flash Player support from the browser ??? :(
9. gomulkaaa (Posts: 42; Member since: 02 Sep 2011)
Wow, you're behind in the times. Have you been asleep over the last 3 years?
12. tywanjames (Posts: 26; Member since: 02 Mar 2012)
HTC phones still have stock browsers that natively support flash, smart ass.
5. teja171 (unregistered)
Seems like HTC is releasing updates much quicker than other oem's.
6. AfterShock (Posts: 3698; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
Hope scott works up a updated cleanrom for it for the heck of it.
Kudos to HTC for throwing a bone at the old dog.
10. true1984 (Posts: 822; Member since: 23 May 2012)
the htc one already had cloud printing...
11. Mrmark (Posts: 268; Member since: 26 Jan 2013)
Can't wait HTC Max (Sprint) ... Hope the battery life on the one Max improves with 4.4.2, lol more life is better right.?
13. phones522 (Posts: 94; Member since: 27 Jan 2010)
I have One Max also and do you find the battery life bad? I can last all day with playing a lot of games and YouTube/Vine. I have the power flip case but I don't think that adds very much.
14. ilani (Posts: 89; Member since: 23 Dec 2011)
I can't believe you can turn off blink-feed now. I've gotten so used to it, my home screen feels so empty without it!