Android 4.4 tweak puts the battery percentage in the status bar
0. phoneArena 11 Nov 2013, 20:35 posted on
It looks like Google has been playing around with the idea of putting the battery percentage in the same battery indicator icon that you'll find in your device's status bar. The good folks over at XDA have found a way to pretty easily tweak a setting in Android 4.4 KitKat that will put the battery percentage number inside the battery indicator...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. datsyuk (Posts: 152; Member since: 11 Jan 2012)
Always forget that feature isn't there since I always flash ROMs but so crazy it hasn't been introduced yet!
2. Magenta (Posts: 12; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
If you use an app such as Battery Doctor (Battery Saver), it also displays the correct percentage of your battery level.
6. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Aye, the circle is awesome. :)
4. bwhiting (Posts: 146; Member since: 15 Jun 2013)
The apk is not actually loading up at all, saying that it is a prasing error when I try to install the apk from the website onto my phone through the website. Anyone has a stable apk file that works?
5. SiiLo (Posts: 11; Member since: 11 Nov 2013)
It might just be a bad download. I get those all the time trying to download directly from my phone. Try it again, if that doesn't work just download it from a computer.
8. GeekMovement (Posts: 1497; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
It'd be nice to have an option to check battery temperature as well so I can ditch my third party battery app.
15. _PHug_ (Posts: 380; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
Yeah the battery life on the Nexus 5 & 4 is horrendous.
I'm sure there will be some blind homer jumping in here soon to claim it lasts 2 days of heavy usage.
11. Pedro0x (Posts: 270; Member since: 19 Oct 2012)
Finally, I can´t believe that it took Google so long, xda has this feature for as long as I can remember :). Also there aren´t any alternatives like in xda, you have massive amounts of choices for the battery icon, so again i will have to root the phone just to get features that should have been there :(. I think that google should implement all of the best xda features into stock android, just imagine that, if Google would do that the gap between Android - IOS ----- WP would suddenly get so much wider. And ofcourse don´t forget the "xda optimization".
12. LikeMyself (Posts: 90; Member since: 23 Sep 2013)
Don't like showing battery percentage as I become paranoia of my battery! Simple blue or white battery icon still the coolest!
13. W.P._Android_in_that_Order (Posts: 206; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
All of my Samsung devices already show the battery, so I'm all set.
14. W.P._Android_in_that_Order (Posts: 206; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
And for my Nexus device, I use the app called 'battery'