Android 4.4 starts rolling out in Korea for the LG G2
0. phoneArena 24 Dec 2013, 11:40 posted on
Earlier this month, LG's own website revealed that the Android 4.4 update was going to be pushed out to LG G2 units in the country, some time this month. Well, "some time" is today. As an early holiday gift to some Koreans toting LG's flagship Android model, KitKat is being sent out OTA. According to one report from inside the country, Korean carrier KT is sending out the update sequentially...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. xperiaDROID (Posts: 4666; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Is there anything new? What I'm excited about is the new UI.
3. mayur007 (Posts: 184; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
haha lg is giving latest updates thats new lol..
they are not known for providing updates to there phone so this is new ..:p
8. papss (Posts: 2892; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
This is earlier than most so say what you want but they seem to be delivering. Hell sony is just now adding 4.3 to their flagships.
23. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 202; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Earlier than most? They roll out an update in one single country thats not even a major player like USA is and you praise LG? They said they will roll out the update by march 2014 for rest of the countries and I bet you by then S4 will be on 4.4
14. thunder18 (Posts: 74; Member since: 06 Aug 2009)
It's grandaddy the Optimus G was updated from ICS to jelly bean in short order. Companies can change. Samsung wasn't always the sparkling beacon of timely Android updates. Just like it took time for them to change their ways, so too has LG started down the path of providing updates.
16. DEATHSTROKE9 (Posts: 80; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
LG: 1, HTC: 1, SAMSUNG:0 . SAMSUNG will now get pressurised and rush the kitkat update with lots of bugs. As a GS3 user I can predict samsungs actions.
18. YouGotTrolledSon (banned) (Posts: 41; Member since: 25 Nov 2012)
Good question. Anyone in phonearena has LG G2 Korean version? I'm dying to know how their new UI looks like or still using Samsung-like UI.
22. FeRoZ (Posts: 29; Member since: 04 Sep 2013)
I have a G2 f320L till now no update available im waiting despirately if i become update will keep posting here the change n screenshots :)
2. oister85 (Posts: 378; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
I'm glad they decide to skip the 4.3 and went straight for kikat
4. Jishnusur (Posts: 24; Member since: 07 Oct 2013)
I sent the Tip Phonearena!! And I wrote my name Below!
10. Commentator (Posts: 2088; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Maybe somebody else sent it in before you anonymously.
5. Arsen (Posts: 30; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
I wish 4.4 fixes the camera problems. That's all i complain about this phone. Overall is excellent. Especially the battery. I got 6 hrs screen on time
6. Razrman (Posts: 54; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
I like this competition between LG and Samsung, hope this translates into quicker updates from both manufacturers. ;-)
7. GoBears (Posts: 279; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
I just got a white G2 on Verizon last week. Probably the single most biggest surprise phone I ever bought. It's awesome! I'd really look forward to this update but between LG and Verizon, I won't see it for 6 months at least.
11. BattleBrat (Posts: 883; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
Who paid who off for all this LG coverage? Although I will admit an LG device getting updated is news :-P. LGs devices have always been lackluster and their values plummet it is not a very popular brand for whatever reason, so I question why all the coverage PA is giving it...
13. warrenellis93 (Posts: 36; Member since: 21 Jul 2011)
because they named it one of the best phones of 2013, in spite of their track record
12. Mian.Shahzad (Posts: 23; Member since: 08 Dec 2013)
Dear Samsung, Please send updae for S4 :P
15. loveHEAVYMETAL (Posts: 46; Member since: 19 Nov 2013)
The LG G2 still haven't launch in malaysia:-(
I think gonna wait until Feb or Mac2014, but the lg g2 will come with 4.4, jusk like the optimus G,which come to Malaysia with android4.1.2
17. hafini_27 (Posts: 114; Member since: 31 Oct 2013)
I wonder what is new other than 4.4 base
20. DONUT (Posts: 166; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
hopefully they update it further. LG always does one major update and forgets about the phone after. look at the 2x, 4x, L9, G, OBlack, etc. they seem to think one major update is enough
24. COZMAN (Posts: 94; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
In the meantime I picked up an LG G PAD 8.3. VERY NICE. Also using a SAMSUNG. S4. THIS IS ALSO A GREAT PHONE. Just buy the flip case from SAMSUNG that gives you the hard case on the back that is factory fit with the front having a softer material with SAMSUNG logo. This case gives the phone the weight it is lacking. Excellent phone.
25. windy (Posts: 16; Member since: 28 Oct 2012)
Dears I'm located in Turkey and just received an android update yesterday evening. The update was 65 mbs and it was stated as an android update. The update revised 70 android applications. However the android version is still 4.2.2. I just noticed that chrome is a bit more smoother. Also the stock browser gives 730 on sunspider. Other than this everything is normal.