Android 4.4 October 21st clues hit a dead end
0. phoneArena 19 Oct 2013, 10:38 posted on
First, the rumors contended that October 15th was the date that we would see the Nexus 5 and Android 4.4 being released. Then there was a fairly thinly connected rumor that the date will actually be October 28th (which it very well may be). But, there was another theory that the KitKat clues may have been pointing towards Monday October 21st, but that theory has hit a dead end...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
3 capitol letters (Have, Kit Kat) = 3 days.
5. Kitkat_4.4 (Posts: 74; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Anyone wanna tell me why on all nexus news and kitkat news, people reply "half life 3 confirmed" ? afaik it's a game right? why are we mixing this with kitkat posts ?
8. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1116; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
It's an internet meme, it doesn't appear exclusively on Nexus and Kitkat posts, i barely see this in tech blogs at all, its mostly used on meme websites and facebook and refers to the long waited Half Life 3 which people have been expecting for a long time but Valve refuses to "confirm".
11. Kitkat_4.4 (Posts: 74; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
so why are these people posting this here? It's actually very annoying. Same goes at G+ too :|
23. _PHug_ (Posts: 444; Member since: 11 Oct 2011)
It's an unfunny joke perpetuated by D-bags who are incapable of original thought and/or humor.
3. Tsoliades (Posts: 228; Member since: 22 Dec 2012)
Also, Half Life 3 confirmed!
EDIT: Ninja'd, haha
24. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10439; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Gesture typing with Google Keyboard failed me. :(
4. Kitkat_4.4 (Posts: 74; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Actually they pretty clearly say, take a break. Means have a great weekend, countdown starts on monday again..... so.. let's see. 3,2,1,0 - mon-tue-wed-thur.
So 24th it is. Perfect as the google's event for play store. Though it has been said, that the event won't have any hardware, but then again it's not official from google that it won't have any hardware. 28th is kinda confirmed as many sources has said, at the end of October, but for now, we can use 24th for now.
20. TechBizJP08 (Posts: 495; Member since: 25 Mar 2013)
Maybe they need a break and it must have been postponed or something. Either way we'll know eventually in a day or two after the nokia and apple unveiling.
28. amrmoreira (Posts: 1; Member since: 19 Oct 2013)
We do see things that we want to see. I tryed to save the picture and it has 24KB, that made me assume that it would be 24th the release, but who knows?
6. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Also - Have a break, have a KitKat. 3 K's
10. N-fanboy (Posts: 543; Member since: 12 Jan 2013)
Its funny how the smallest of changes excite android fans.
18. tedkord (Posts: 10695; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
It's funny has the smallest of market shares excites Nokia fans.
12. deathgod (Posts: 122; Member since: 23 Nov 2011)
Well there are 3 boats in the water so....
16. orca99 (Posts: 87; Member since: 05 Oct 2013)
yeah, there are a minimum of 6 but people only want to see 3 and ignore the other boats :)
13. rob5150 (Posts: 159; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
There are 3 boats in the water
At least that looks like it to me in that lo-res image
15. g2a5b0e (Posts: 3722; Member since: 08 Jun 2012)
There are a lot more than three boats in the water. Pay attention.
17. hortizano (Posts: 290; Member since: 22 May 2013)
Stop trying to find meaning where there are NO meanings!! Can´t you just sit down, relax and wait? I think the message is clear: Have a break. =D My two (overly overrated) cents.
19. shahrooz (Posts: 719; Member since: 17 Sep 2013)
there are 3000 trees in the picture, so...
22. Martin_Cooper (Posts: 1373; Member since: 30 Jul 2013)
Have anyone ever thought that this is just a nice image background that google found and just added the text over it without any meaning behind it?
On the other hand if you count all the pixels in the image, divide them by the number of android sheeps you get the Half Life 3 release date.
27. Googler (Posts: 813; Member since: 10 Jun 2013)
Hmm, not every KitKat advertisement has to be about Android. They do sell candy bars.