Android 4.4 KitKat website will have a countdown timer
0. phoneArena 16 Oct 2013, 14:26 posted on
Just in case you're not swayed by some far-reaching rumor grabs when it comes to when we should expect the announcement for Android 4.4 KitKat and the new Nexus 5, it looks like Google will have an official countdown timer going at some point in order to let you know exactly when things are happening. Earlier today, we heard a rumor which pointed to October 28th (if you followed some tenuous teaser links)...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
16. CellularNinja (Posts: 306; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
So now we have a countdown to the launch of the countdown to the launch!
Just what we need!
2. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 5230; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Would be somewhat pointless since only a select few will be able to upgrade to kitkat. Everyone else will have to wait months since the recent version of jellybean isn't readily available.
3. highwaysnobbery (Posts: 22; Member since: 19 Feb 2013)
Well you gotta get the ball rolling somewhere. No time like the present.
17. CellularNinja (Posts: 306; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
Nothing like a good dose of Android hatred from Mxyzptalk...
5. erikiksaz (Posts: 135; Member since: 22 Apr 2010)
Yeah, let's hold off on announcing a "pointless" update. By your logic we would never announce any updates because manufacturers would have to play catch up *gasp*
7. Reality_Check (Posts: 277; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
That is why we have an option of owning Nexus devices. That is why we have root. That is why we have Custom ROMs :) If you're impatient, you have options.
11. ChazzMatt (Posts: 17; Member since: 26 Sep 2013)
EXACTLY. ROOT your phone and install what you want, when you want. You own your phone, not your carrier, not the manufacturer.
14. Ninetysix (Posts: 1782; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
Calling my grandma now and walking her through on how to root her android smartphone over the phone.
I'll post an update later.
19. Reality_Check (Posts: 277; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
I have trouble believing that your grandma would like to update to 4.4 KitKat. She must've told you she wants KitKat confusing it with 4.4 KitKat. I say call her up again ;)
8. SellPhones82 (Posts: 569; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
Someone didn't read Michael H's story on Monday! LOL
Without using Google, can you even tell us what was added in the last three versions of Jelly Bean? What are we missing out on that isn't hardware related? I follow Android and can only think of 4 things and that's it. I bet I can name more new/updated features that were launched with an OS update required, a-la Apple.
21. lifeyourlive (Posts: 126; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)
that's why it is still called jelly bean i think
10. ChazzMatt (Posts: 17; Member since: 26 Sep 2013)
ROOT your phone and upgrade. You own your phone, not your carrier.
12. softfurryanus (banned) (Posts: 232; Member since: 09 Jul 2013)
Takes a few weeks, not months. You don't know what you're talking about.
13. Ninetysix (Posts: 1782; Member since: 08 Oct 2012)
LOL What....I'm still waiting for 4.3 on my Galaxy S4 and it's a flagship phone. 4.3 got released in July or so. Looks like months to me brosephine.
6. tschlicht (Posts: 12; Member since: 14 Dec 2012)
I just love that someone combed the website code to find that! lol
22. lifeyourlive (Posts: 126; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)
somebody is dong his homework really good
9. zombiewolf115 (Posts: 38; Member since: 16 Jul 2013)
google plz just bring out the nexus 5 i need it since my nexus 4 decided to get stuck in a bootloop today
18. md227a (Posts: 130; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
I'm rocking a GPE Galaxy S4, so I have been on 4.3 for months. Still interested in seeing the new nexus and what 4.4 has to bring.
20. 9_HeLLs_oF_DrOid (Posts: 124; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
Great! Atleast we'll know the exact time for Kitkat release.