Android 4.4 KitKat update: release date, features and rumors
0. phoneArena 31 Oct 2013, 02:31 posted on
You may not know this, but Android 4.4 KitKat has been on our radar for a looong time. Of course, back then we referred to it as Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie and we were initially audience to what turned out to be some wildly inaccurate speculation, claiming that it'll hit the industry as early as February/March...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
36. zachattack (Posts: 534; Member since: 31 Jul 2013)
look at all those innovative changes.. see what i did there?
45. Kitkat_4.4 (Posts: 74; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
You don't just reply "see what I did there". Phail.
49. AfterShock (Posts: 2229; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
So kk will run on lower spec devices, but will OEM allow it through to them?
I'm thinking it won't see any phone older then a year.
Alternatively I guess it's more for new phones more so then the old timers.
I kind of hope I'm wrong about that but I look forward to it on the N5.
53. lifeyourlive (Posts: 126; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)
i'll make my own kitkat... with blackjack and hookers... in fact, forget the kitkat
55. bwhiting (Posts: 157; Member since: 15 Jun 2013)
I wouldn't mind being able to run the kitKat on a Droid Razr 16Gb if possible, at least I can keep my same device and just have the issue fixed for the constant rebooting based on the device having the current OS on it
56. corleyman (Posts: 6; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
I've decided to wait 3 wks til Oct 14th when I'm *hoping* the N5 will be available. Can't wait to get the N5 on my unlimited everything plan! (only $29) Check it out: GetServiceFree.com
57. ytrdt6789 (Posts: 4; Member since: 30 Sep 2013)
i cant wait because im getting the note2 and its getting the update
61. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Awesome.. can't wait for a LS version! :D
63. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6149; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Can next week get here soon enough
69. Android4Ever (Posts: 86; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
I'm not expecting the. 4.3 update to my T-Mobile S4 until about spring 2014...But by then ill be looking to grab the new galaxy flagship. (S5, SF, SJ ect...) so it won't really matter...
70. poping (unregistered)
pls add the option to hide the notification bar...
swipe down the top of the screen to unhide...
this option will make the desktop fullscreen...
73. Kitkat_4.4 (Posts: 74; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Sold my nexus 4, have cash on hand. Seriously google release it already now, I don't have a smartphone right now :(
74. lifeyourlive (Posts: 126; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)
i did the same last year, while i was waiting for galaxy note 2 release... imma wait for nexus 5 this year and then sell note 2 :D i learned from my mistake :P
80. lifeyourlive (Posts: 126; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)
because i was without phone for a long time, which i hated, couldn't communicate with anybody.... i felt kinda lost in this world :D
84. Xianead (Posts: 11; Member since: 19 Mar 2013)
Just wondering.. Can they get a clearance for them to let us use the built-in LTE chip officially through the Kit Kat update? Just wondering...
85. vijay24 (Posts: 1; Member since: 22 Oct 2013)
kitkat android 4.4 full review and features @ fixxet
86. ian_mizan (Posts: 3; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
Dammit Sammy is too fast tht I dont hv time to enjoy my jb4.3. But I guess I can take it n enjoy the new bloody kit Kat ;))
89. Akr47 (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Oct 2013)
Well I guess, Dialer designed app isn't true. Check out this Video @ 1: 25, you can see the same king of design. Well, if i'm wrong... Sorry
Please Include youtube.com before the Link
92. s3wizzard (Posts: 1; Member since: 02 Nov 2013)
This guy has android 4.4 on his s3 .... See it for yourself just search for s3 4.4 KitKat on YouTube I think his name is trpratt1
93. iLoveAndroid (Posts: 2; Member since: 17 Feb 2014)
Hm? Do it like this: http ://myandroidanme.blogspot.d e/2014/02/android-44-kitkat-roms-and-flash.html
You will have to kill the spaces after http and :// and between blogspot.d e in the above URL. Can't post normal urls.
Flash problem gone...