Android 4.4 KitKat for Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3 now available
If you happen to own a Sprint Samsung Galaxy Note 3, you might be able to officially update it to Android 4.4 KitKat starting today. Sprint and Samsung are both indicating that 4.4 KitKat (software build version VPUCNAB) is now available for the Note 3 SM-N900P. All users will probably get the update in the coming days.
Changelog (OS upgrade to Android 4.4.2 KitKat):
- New Lock Screen Access
- Media Controls - full-screen album art and media controls when listening to music
- Camera Shortcut - access the Camera application right from the lock screen
- SMS App Chooser - select a default application for sending and receiving SMS text messages
- Restyled Status and Navigation Bars - status and navigation bars are translucent and can sit on top of apps, along with simplified status bar icons
- Consolidated Location Settings - location services are integrated and more detailed by new Location menu
- Expanded Emoji Icons
- Wireless Printing - supports printing over Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Prevention Information pop-up message is suppressed
We recently told you that US Cellular’s Galaxy Note 3 was also ready to be updated to Android 4.4 KitKat. Unfortunately, the update for this Note 3 model - SM-N900R - isn’t being rolled out yet. The support page for the US Cellular Note 3 still lists Android 4.3 Jelly Bean as the latest OS version available for the device.
sources: Sprint, Samsung, Samsung (US Cellular Note 3)
1. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8117; Member since: 14 May 2012)
The update for the T-Mobile N3 should be around the corner then. :)
13. hellonerds (Posts: 211; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
Yeah waiting on that too.. cant wait for kit kat roms
2. Mr.Mr.Upgrade (Posts: 425; Member since: 30 Aug 2011)
Note3 Just now getting KitKat what a joke
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8117; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Why is there always someone that complains all the time?
5. KingDingaLing (Posts: 179; Member since: 11 Oct 2013)
Must be a Nexus owner. Weak phone with good upgrades. That's a joke.
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8117; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Did you just call the Nexus 5 a weak phone? Dafu.q are you on?
17. Shatter (Posts: 2015; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Its equal to a note 3 besides the ram except its not packing the bloatware so the Nexus 5 feels much more smooth.
21. JEverettnow (Posts: 187; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
The battery life on the Nexus 5 is pure butt! The camera is butt and the screen is butt! Everything else about it is rad.
23. molanjames (Posts: 64; Member since: 11 Oct 2012)
Hi @mr.mr.upgrade its not a joke, 4.4.2 update is ready for note 3 and s4 users here you can find the tutorial to upgrade these both devices http://www.smartphonesupdates.
7. eddie809352 (Posts: 4; Member since: 20 Feb 2014)
I had KitKat since November if last year on my Moto X
Don't get me wrong the Note 3 is a good phone but Samsung does suck updating their phones
They take forever
I love my Moto X :)
10. PapaSmurf (Posts: 8117; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Had both phones and went back to my Note 3. The camera is the worst thing to happen to that phone. Note 3 is perfect the way it is, but 4.4 will definitely improve it even more.
11. skymitch89 (Posts: 1054; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
3-4 months is not "forever" and in fact is fairly quick, considering that some manufacturers are just now updating to 4.2 or 4.3 Jelly Bean.
15. eddie809352 (Posts: 4; Member since: 20 Feb 2014)
yeah but it does sure look forever when you know that people already been had their updates
12. Anchorman86 (Posts: 16; Member since: 08 Nov 2013)
So what if you haven't gotten the update yet...I mean, did you by the Note 3 for KitKat or the actual PHONE itself smh?? Yeah I'll be happy when VZW pushes out there's but til then, i still got a friggin' beast Note 3.
18. AustinPaul (Posts: 29; Member since: 13 Dec 2011)
I just got my Note 3 around Christmas. I love it and it still feels very new to me. Does it suddenly suck now that I know there's an update coming? Of course not! I had the Nexus 5 and sent it back. I liked it, but actually missed 'some' of the overlay. It was a little too vanilla for me. I also prefer a removable battery and already have two spares for my N3, though I have not needed them yet.
Anyway, I am looking forward to the update, but in no huge hurry.
19. maulgandhi (Posts: 46; Member since: 11 Jan 2013)
I couldn't able to wait for @t&t to release a kitkat update for note 3. So I installed leaked version of KitKat. O boy!! Kudos to Samsung. Not only device is running better but also battery life is stunningly good. With job my note used to last for 14-15 hours max. Now with kitkat I get more than a 24 hours with 40% battery left. Note: 3+ hours of onscreen time. I hope full baked version is as good as leaked one. I do phone calls, texting, 20-30 minutes of gaming and 30 minutes of youtube videos.
22. SuperEwok17 (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 Feb 2014)
"Prevention Information pop-up message is suppressed". YES!