Android 4.4 KitKat can be ported to the Nexus One
0. phoneArena 28 Nov 2013, 15:50 posted on
In what is arguably the “purist’s” Nexus device, the first Nexus, the Nexus One, has the ability to join in...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1345; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Look at how small it is when shown in the hand. How cute!
2. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 7701; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Amazing how outdated it is even though it's only about 4 years old.
3. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10088; Member since: 14 May 2012)
This and the HD2 are examples of how XDA's Linux Gods never let anything die.
16. chaosnightmare (Posts: 71; Member since: 20 May 2010)
only 4 years? that's pretty much time, I doubt anyone here keeps any device as their main phone for more than 2 years, anyway it's even more amazing how a 2013 device like an iPhone 5c is already so outdated against other price ranged phones
5. woodshop20 (Posts: 459; Member since: 14 Sep 2013)
And this is why Android's community is so awesome. Can you run IOS 7 on the 3GS, or WP8 on the Samsung Focus? I don't think so.
8. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 7701; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Running something doesn't mean it'll run smoothly.
17. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 754; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Can you say it is not running smoothly????
Probably not.. So dont TROLL...
21. ngo2dd (Posts: 896; Member since: 08 Jul 2011)
The article just did. Dude read the article first.
11. underbc (Posts: 22; Member since: 28 Nov 2012)
come on .. what are you talking about?
You can run IOS 7 on a Iphone 4 and is supported by Apple ..
13. blingblingthing (Posts: 507; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
Some of the features were cut and it's not the smoothest.
19. vincelongman (Posts: 3121; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
My iPod Touch 4 (basically iPhone 4, but without 3G) is running iOS 6 and still lags a lot, also quite a few random glitches.
10. marbovo (Posts: 658; Member since: 16 May 2013)
I´m already running 4.4(cm 11) on my galaxy nexus
22. marbovo (Posts: 658; Member since: 16 May 2013)
It is not thaaat diferent from 4.3. Google experience launcher is nice and the device is a lot faster(but I don´t know if it is because of 4.4 or because I formated the device during the process), but most of thing didn't change at all
9. xtroid2k (Posts: 511; Member since: 11 Jan 2010)
Cool stuff. I might pull it my OG droid and see what can be done with that. Im now estatic with my new nexus 5. What a few years of tech will do.
12. RORYREVOLUTION (Posts: 3091; Member since: 12 Jan 2010)
lol isn't it funny that when the Nexus One came out 3.7 with 480 by 800 was considered to be a huge display and high resolution? Same with the OG Droid, now we get 5-6 inch display's at 1080p. Tech has advanced so quickly for cell phones.
14. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 3612; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
Wow... Hope they would come over the bugs or pure Kitkat.
15. taikucing (unregistered)
whoa, this means there's a hope to install kitkat on motorola firext
18. kabhijeet.16 (Posts: 754; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
This is great. It points to the fact that I should buy a device with killer specs & with killer battery and then I can use it for more than 4-5 years also. Dont need to waste money every 1.5 years to upgrade. All thanks to XDA & cynogenmods... Thankks all