Android 4.4 KitKat and Nexus 5 release date pegged for October 15th, say Google Launchpad devs
0. phoneArena 10 Oct 2013, 02:05 posted on
Some developers have apparently been told around the workshops and networking events that the release date of Android 4.4 KitKat and, respectively, the Google Nexus 5 (or Nexus 4 2013) phone will be October 15th, not the 14th date the folks from Down Under speculated on before. We can't vouch for the validity of these claims, but there's been enough smoke around an eventual next week release to conclude there might be fire soon...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
2. vincelongman (Posts: 2904; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
Also some international shipping. E.g. Google Play Australia can ship to a neighboring countries, such as NZ.
3. scriptwriter (Posts: 396; Member since: 13 Nov 2012)
Will be overly disappointed if they dont do a global release!!
4. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 1694; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
well lets just hope theres enough for a month or so,not 25 mins and sold-out. i bet releasing will be US and UK and all might be later.
5. ilia1986 (unregistered)
Just flashed 4.3 on my GS3 I9300 courtesy of LiquidSmooth.
Can't wait for 4.4!!! :D
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9875; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You'll have 4.4 within two weeks of the release of the Nexus 5.
LS was my favorite ROM based on the best animations and battery life I had on my S3.
6. Kitkat_4.4 (Posts: 74; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
10th it is today already! They can't possibly do a launch in 5 days can they? Not even invites are sent yet.
11. jan25 (Posts: 453; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
they could do a surprising press release just like last year.
8. lifeyourlive (Posts: 126; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)
i know it's not much but if they release it globally im buying one for me and for girlfriend, will be nice christmass, please google hear this message out
10. Samir_Maric (Posts: 76; Member since: 28 Oct 2012)
Can't wait to see Android 4.4 features and Nexus 4(2013)
16. jimv1983 (Posts: 25; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
It is not going to be called the Nexus 4 again. That would make NO sense.
19. sckortyman (Posts: 23; Member since: 19 Sep 2013)
it would make SOME sense. I mean if they name the new nexus a nexus 5 then what would they call next years? A nexus 6? how bout the year after that? A nexus 7? Oh wait...
But i still think theres a 95% chance its gonna be a nexus 5 because of all theleaks (esp. the service manual)
12. splus (Posts: 34; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
Say what you want but unless it has a really good camera I'm going to put extra money and get a G2 instead.
I'm fed up of not being able to take a decent photo with my Nexus... It's like having a butter smooth phone with latest updates but no camera.
13. lifeyourlive (Posts: 126; Member since: 23 Aug 2013)
Say all what you want but more MP doesn't mean it's better camera... only noobs think it's like that, people who are easily manipulated by marketing and higher numbers
14. maxican16 (Posts: 364; Member since: 29 Sep 2011)
Where did he mention anything about MP?? The people on this blog are so apt to flaming each other it's ridiculous to the point of being laughable. Time to grow up people!!
17. jimv1983 (Posts: 25; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Stock Android is much more important than a great camera. If you want a great camera then get a REAL camera.
15. dtam83 (Posts: 5; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Of course it's going to come out on Halloween, it's running Kit Kat!
18. jimv1983 (Posts: 25; Member since: 10 Oct 2013)
Two problems with this post.
1. The 15th is unlikely as there is not enough time to send invites in just 4 days.
2. The phone will not be called the Nexus 4. That would make no sense at all.
20. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 7040; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Thank goodness I'm off tues so i can watch the event