Android 4.3 coming to Samsung Galaxy S III and S4 in October
0. phoneArena 04 Sep 2013, 18:22 posted on
If history is our guide, Google should be showing off new Nexus devices (possibly more than one phone?) in October or November, which is when we are also likely to see Android 4.4 KitKat. With that said, Samsung has announced that it will be updating the Samsung Galaxy S III and Galaxy S4 to Android 4.3 Jelly Bean sometime in October...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. maccess (Posts: 601; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
i'm not surprise hearing this news from samsung.. if its from sony or htc i would be surprise..
6. true1984 (Posts: 589; Member since: 23 May 2012)
htc said the one gets 4.3 in september, so we'll see
15. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
Was reported that 4.2 was the final update for one x
10. _god_ (banned) (Posts: 47; Member since: 13 Aug 2013)
Samsung is s**tty when it comes to updates , but HTC is slightly worse
14. androidsbiggestfan (Posts: 76; Member since: 09 Aug 2011)
You had to go ahead and make me pull out this article. It looks like HTC is on top for update time. http://www.phonearena.com/news
17. PapaSmurf (limited) (Posts: 8300; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Yeah? Tell that to the One S, One X, Rezound, etc. owners.
25. Tsepz_GP (Posts: 819; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
LMAO!! An article from Dec 2012??? Things have changed dramatically since then buddy. Samsung upgraded the Galaxy S2 and Note 1 to JB, brought the Galaxy S4 with 4.2.2 out the box, while updating a few other phones and tablets to 4.2.2, and now they are also bringing 4.3 to the GS4, GS3 and Note 2.
They are looking far better than HTC, can you name me one 2011 HTC that got an official JB update?
27. PapaSmurf (limited) (Posts: 8300; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Nope. The HTC Sensation, which was 2011 Spring flagship only got updates to 4.0.4, in March 2012.
29. DukeX (Posts: 327; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Htc fans failing kinda hard it seems. Must be the metal backs blocking reception
2. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Welp, I'm on Verizon. I guess I should add half a year to October and mark the calendar before I forget. It's going to be a while...
4. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Yeah, having the best coverage and network stability also lets them call the shots... for many things.
7. Shatter (Posts: 2024; Member since: 29 May 2013)
It depends where you live, here everyone uses ATT and Tmobile or one of the random companies like US Cellular not verizon.
18. PapaSmurf (limited) (Posts: 8300; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Verizon, T-Mobile and AT&T all work pretty damn good in Chicago. AT&T has the fastest LTE followed by T-Mobile then Verizon. And I didn't even bother to mention Sprint because they just suck.. Period.
T-Mobile SIII and S4 should be updated by November, or now if you decide to root.
23. VZWuser76 (Posts: 1390; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
I think when people mean better coverage when speaking of Verizon, they mean overall. Obviously they may not be the best everywhere, but overall they have a larger footprint than the other carriers. In the state I live in, both Sprint and T-Mobile have little to no footprint. They say AT&T has some of the best coverage here compared to their other states, but it is pretty spotty in comparison to Verizon. I wish it wasn't the case as it'd be nice to have an option other than Verizon.
8. Shatter (Posts: 2024; Member since: 29 May 2013)
21. Blazers (Posts: 205; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
That was helpful. We're talking about an official TW 4.3 update.
They said that the Note 2 would get an update for Galaxy Gear support, so that's got to also include 4.3.
9. Kevinphantom (Posts: 82; Member since: 17 Jun 2013)
mine while in Samsung
do we have a smartphone called note 2
16. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
If they skip 4.3 we will be waiting till December at least for an update. Kit kat not expected till Oct/Nov time add then that it will take a couple of months to optimise tw,get it through carrier testing etc we will b waiting forever. They already skipped 4.2 to give us 4.3, it doesn't make sense to skip 4.3 especially when kitkat hadn't even been released yet.
19. PapaSmurf (limited) (Posts: 8300; Member since: 14 May 2012)
They skipped 4.2 and now you're asking to skip 4.3... You could never please people.
20. srvricky (Posts: 9; Member since: 14 Jul 2013)
I'm not happy,really, where's my note 2 update?
24. Trex95 (Posts: 543; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Then Nexus 5, 4, 10 and 7 will update with Kit Kat in November.
26. Sondae (Posts: 187; Member since: 02 Jan 2013)
I cant wait for this update on S3 i just hope there arent bugs once its released.