Android 4.2.2 update with Sense 5 heading for the HTC One X this Summer?
0. phoneArena 30 Mar 2013, 21:54 posted on
The HTC One X is not stopping with the Android 4.1.2 update as a leak from a reliable source says that Android 4.2.2 will be coming to the HTC One X in the June/July time period and will include HTC's Sense 5; HTC already has said that all or some of Sense 5 would be made available to the HTC One X, HTC One X+, HTC DROID DNA/Butterflyand the HTC One S...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. fistigons (Posts: 260; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
Exciting news for all the HTC One X owners. Seems like it's been a while since it's been updated. Is Blink Feed a part of Sense 5.0? Or is it an exclusive feature for the HTC One?
29. Jonathan41 (Posts: 526; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
I hasen't been a while at all. We get tons of updates.
31. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 623; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
It is part of Sense 5.0, the only "One" exclusive features are the ones that are hardware related, the rest will come to the One X according to HTC.
32. jaytai0106 (Posts: 809; Member since: 30 Mar 2011)
It may be exciting, but for the people who owned an AT&T HTC One X... that's just a long disappointment news XD (I'm a former One X owner). I loved the phone but the update time frame was just too long from AT&T... From now, I'm sticking with Nexus phones or an international version
2. imkyle (Posts: 947; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
If you update the One X with 4.2.2 that would help your image.
3. RohanM (Posts: 110; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
means one x is not gonna taste klp. my plastic will. :)
12. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Just Root it and install custom ROM and enjoy KLP! XDA is there to help you!
19. RohanM (Posts: 110; Member since: 15 Jan 2013)
I said my plastic will means my sgs3. s3 will enjoy klp ride.
5. 14545 (Posts: 983; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
Yet not even 4.1 for the rezound......Just add it to the list of flagships that HTC just up and stops supporting.
6. NateAdam8 (Posts: 130; Member since: 17 Feb 2012)
I'm getting a HTC One S and afterward I'll get rid of my LG Optimus L9 (Cause it phucking sucks)
9. Hemlocke (unregistered)
The One S was actually one of the best Android phones I ever owned. The build quality is excellent, the screen isn't bad, and it was fast. The little plastic covers for the antennas and SIM card on the back are fragile, but they are cheap to replace. I just wish I had owned the black version.
13. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
So what phone are you using now hemlocke?
What phone are you planning to get?
15. lyndon420 (Posts: 1637; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
According to his PA profile he is currently rocking a Nexus 4 and an ipad mini.
16. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Owrite, not everyone states or show what phone they have, had and planing to buy states on their profile. Like me. Nice one Lyndon.
Like me have the N4 and really pisset of with this laggy stuttering low PPI iPad mini! Will be selling it and waiting for the new N7 with A15 CPU
10. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Why what's wrong? Why does it suck?
7. Luisit0 (Posts: 73; Member since: 18 Feb 2013)
I'm sure I won't see this update on my AT&T One X in a looooong time......
8. samsungcaptivateglide777 (Posts: 13; Member since: 22 Jul 2012)
Well Im never going to update my htc. I hate sense 5, the only reason I buy an htc is for the UI and sense 5 feels like something from 2010. 3 steps forward and 4 steps backward Im my mind...
11. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Also could be a RAM and CPU hog? Takes up to much RAM and becomes slightly sluggish!
17. samsungcaptivateglide777 (Posts: 13; Member since: 22 Jul 2012)
Im not saying that sense 5 is sluggish its quiet the opposite but sense 5 doesn't have all the cool trasitions that sense 3 - 4 had and I love the trasitions between the home screens. And your right I don't update my phones because of what you said it uses too much ram and slows the phone down.
20. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 623; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
What? So far all the updates i got on my One X didn't slow it down, in fact it "turboed" my One X.
22. samsungcaptivateglide777 (Posts: 13; Member since: 22 Jul 2012)
Well then maybe I'll update it but Im not totaly ready for sense 5.
14. lyndon420 (Posts: 1637; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Already running 4.1 JB and Sense 4.0 on my One X through Rogers, but I would gladly take yet another update if it becomes available. Wouldn't mind checking out that sweet Blink Feed feature.
21. TattooedMailman (Posts: 8; Member since: 31 Mar 2013)
The Sense 5 update for the Droid DNA probably won't be the full package and it probably won't come out till fall at the earliest thanks to the big red. I would root it and rom it but verizon and htc locked it down tight with the ota that came out in early february.
23. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 623; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
PhoneArena that is actually the One X+ not the One X, but i guess they will get the update at almost the same time.
27. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 623; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
The phone in the picture is the One X+*
25. Muayyad (Posts: 94; Member since: 05 Oct 2012)
While Sense 5.0 looks flat, it is not bad and makes the battery life much longer.
28. markreif (Posts: 7; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
ReZound? Try JB-AOSP-PAC-4.2.2][03.01.13] =TRON-2.0
30. xXMAKESHIFTXx (Posts: 38; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
I'm wondering about the Evo 4G LTE...