Android 4.2 finally coming to ‘yakju’ Samsung Galaxy Nexus, factory image is now available
0. phoneArena 21 Nov 2012, 05:20 posted on
A week after Android 4.2 Jelly Bean first arrived on some Samsung Galaxy Nexus devices, it is finally landing on a wider set of the 2011 Google Android flagship…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. _Bone_ (Posts: 2154; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Yo PA, when ur reviewing the Nexus 10, would you pls. throw in some benchmark tests for alternative browsers, say Boat or Dolphin? Making the stuttery Chrome stock was a major misstep by Google, but look at performance and benches such as SunSpider on the alternatives, it flies.
2. SGSatlantis (Posts: 226; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
And how do you tell which version you have?
3. JunitoNH (Posts: 1801; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
Yeah...........that glitchy update is coming your way, look out. My advise don't download if getting OTA. It started to kill my battery life, performance, and boy, lagging like crazy. Don't walk away from this update, run.
4. SGSatlantis (Posts: 226; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
Mine is OK, but Nexus devices being the beta testers few bugs are to be expected. 4.2.1 should fix those.
6. chanpreet89 (Posts: 6; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
i manually updated my nexus yakju from ice cream to 4.1.1.so will i keep receiving notifications regarding latest updates from google....or i hav to do it manually from now on...?? plz someone guide me...
7. SGSatlantis (Posts: 226; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
If you have stock yakju, and not yakjuux or yakjuxw, then you will. Please check your version by:
8. chanpreet89 (Posts: 6; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
Yes..thnx..its yakju only...so then I shud wait for update rather than doing it manually..
9. SGSatlantis (Posts: 226; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
Try if this works for you:
Settings>Apps>All>Google Services Framework, clear and force stop then manually check for updates.
Worked for me the last two times.
10. chanpreet89 (Posts: 6; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
How to manually check for update after doing force stop step...?
11. SGSatlantis (Posts: 226; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
Settings>About Phone>System updates>Check now
Try a few times.
13. SGSatlantis (Posts: 226; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
Not sure what's the problem, what about the 4.1.2 update? Did you get it?
15. chanpreet89 (Posts: 6; Member since: 27 Nov 2012)
actually i bought second hand phone...so it was already manually updated to 4.1.1...and now i fear that i might not receive direct updates from google.i have yakju..for sure...
16. SGSatlantis (Posts: 226; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
You can always unlock the bootloader(if it's locked) and flash yakju 4.2. Of course you'll lose everything not synced with online services and all files not transfered beforehand.