Android 4.2 Jelly Bean Review
0. phoneArena posted on 28 Nov 2012, 08:46
4.2 Jelly Bean is not a revolutionary leap in Android. It is rather a feature pack on top of the 4.1 Jelly. But while there is no single big feature to catch the eye, Google has improved Jelly Bean…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. sheik posted on 28 Nov 2012, 08:50 20 1
I love android. Hope Galaxy Note II get that very soon
11. Mxyzptlk posted on 28 Nov 2012, 09:55 4 21
Very soon equates to about three to six months.
17. MobileCaseReview posted on 28 Nov 2012, 11:03 0 0
Probably near the end of the December with some fancing porting from alot of the devs. Plenty of roms are currently being worked on.
21. adelta90 posted on 28 Nov 2012, 11:51 2 0
people who choose android very often dont wait for the manufacturer to release it, we just use AOSP till the manufacturer chooses to release the latest version
22. Mxyzptlk posted on 28 Nov 2012, 11:53 2 9
I see a few commenters had to wait three to six months for the latest update.
25. AnTuTu posted on 28 Nov 2012, 14:30 6 0
Mxyzptlk:- Get a life brother.
27. tedkord posted on 28 Nov 2012, 16:14 4 0
"Google is doing tremendous work on its operating system and keeps pushing the pedal with quick updates, and it seems that it has taken a confident lead in terms of features over iOS and Windows Phone."
He reads that, and it bothers him, so he has a deep rooted need to say something negative about Android.
33. JasonJia11 posted on 01 Dec 2012, 21:00 0 0
I see your name on just about every Android article trolling and hating on Android. You also said in one of your comments that you were an Apple fanboy. If you have so much time in your day to be hating on Android, why don't you go and read articles about how Apple is outdated, is getting old, and just plainly sucks? Get it into your head iSheep.
34. rusticguy posted on 01 Dec 2012, 23:47 0 0
Well he specialises in "Hit N Run" ... never comes back to reply or discuss :)
35. tedkord posted on 02 Dec 2012, 07:57 0 0
What else can you do when the facts ruin contrary to your argument?
36. Airforce posted on 02 Dec 2012, 16:17 0 0
Apple has really inspired Android to go further and be the leading phone os
2. wendygarett (limited) 6 days ago posted on 28 Nov 2012, 08:51 9 0
Wonderful review pa :) keep up the good work
3. networkdood posted on 28 Nov 2012, 08:56 1 0
The only 'bug' I have found is that even when my wifi is set to never turn on when device is asleep, the tablet will sometimes decide to 'wake up' and start using wifi....other than that is an excellent update.
6. thelegend6657 posted on 28 Nov 2012, 09:11 4 2
Good things come to those who waited . Just be patient .
Thats what you get for not buying a nexus
9. SleepingOz posted on 28 Nov 2012, 09:32 2 0
If you don't want to wait for the official updates, you can always flash it yourself..
14. nyamo posted on 28 Nov 2012, 10:22 0 0
go over to xda and see whats cooking, i'm sure you'll get a port
37. eddo85 posted on 04 Dec 2012, 04:13 0 0
i am using an aokp rom on my s2 and i am not missing touchwiz at all
7. xfire99 posted on 28 Nov 2012, 09:17 0 0
Like the new 4 native lockscreen, swiping right for camera and the new security features. Gmail updates are also welcome.
Bring it to Note 2 ASAP now pls.
12. JunitoNH posted on 28 Nov 2012, 09:58 0 3
It may be a good review. However, just go surfing, and read about the pain on the a** this update has become. 1. The camera UI is hideous, annoying, and just plain ugly. 2. Widget screen just a total waste of time and energy. 3. Went from project butter to lags and slow as molasses, performance issues a sure bet. 4. Bluetooth disable, unable to use headphones and/or Bose speaker or Monster. My advise, just like iOS 5 users are on the sidelines until maps are repair, wait until Googles fixes all the bugs. Update will make you wish you were back using gingerbread.
18. Fallout09 posted on 28 Nov 2012, 11:26 2 0
I dont know what you are talking about with system lags. I updated my Nexus 7 and it performs better than ever.
15. nyamo posted on 28 Nov 2012, 10:27 0 0
4.2 is nice, but for those of us who have been using custom roms for years its not nearly as much of a gain. the toggles are semi useful but still not my cup of tea (perhaps they will grow on me).... as for the lock screen widgets, useless, especially since a lock screen still allows widgets to bypass and be used.
but i digress, for the average user, 4.2 will be a wonderful update
16. AmitMajumder posted on 28 Nov 2012, 10:51 3 0
After John, Victor is the one who showed his face. Why doesn't everyone in PA show off their faces? Are they too shy??
20. LOTR12 posted on 28 Nov 2012, 11:31 0 0
Multi-user support is good for keeping "data" out of others reach. If you know what i mean!
24. DOGIEFRESH posted on 28 Nov 2012, 13:25 0 1
Nothing new besides same old fragmentation.......!!!!!!
28. tedkord posted on 28 Nov 2012, 16:59 0 0
If by fragmentation you mean, "a confident lead in features over iOS and Windows Phone..." that leads to it selling 5x more than any other mobile OS, then yes.
30. DOGIEFRESH posted on 28 Nov 2012, 21:51 0 0
Have read the latest news Iphone has reclaimed the top spot in the Cell market and is one Phone against 400 androids model with 20 different types of softwares......!!!!!
31. tedkord posted on 28 Nov 2012, 22:47 0 0
I read it. Did you comprehend it? In the US only, and only for the one quarter. It happens every year around launch time, but year over year, every year, Android grows at a faster rate than iOS.
29. Loubielou posted on 28 Nov 2012, 17:23 0 0
Hope Soon Google can had Sleeper Screen on a Future Update so a Clock can be seen on the Screen without turning the Phones on,Nokia did this on Symbian N8 an it was a superb function,without draining the Battery
32. rusticguy posted on 01 Dec 2012, 15:12 0 0
Manually upgraded my GNex to takju 4.2.1 (from yakjuxw 4.1.1) and loving it. So henceforth all updates directly from GOOG.