Android 4.1.2 rolling out to Nexus devices and AOSP
0. phoneArena 09 Oct 2012, 13:28 posted on
The newest version of Android is getting another bump today. Jelly Bean has gotten a bugfix pushing it to Android version 4.1.2. There have already been reports of the update rolling out to the Nexus 7, and the Android Development Team has said that the source code will be made available sometime today...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. aztaxia12295 (Posts: 269; Member since: 22 Nov 2009)
DAMN, i bought rotation control just for that, now its gone to waste? nvm my nexus's usb port is screwed up and i cant charge it which means i cant use it. PLUS i cant find the box for my serial number, DAMN IT!
2. kshell1 (Posts: 1143; Member since: 05 Oct 2011)
Take it apart, the SN is under the battery
6. Seymur (unregistered)
They built it very poorly, i broke everything of it. Well, accidentally.
7. crankyd00d (Posts: 191; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
You did pay only $200-$250 for it, so you guys should not expect a miracle of build quality
11. Seymur (unregistered)
those dollars turns into euro in stores and that's not less money, at least for me. if Apple did that everyone woud be complaining about it "iSheep iBeep brainwash", when it's Google, "oh they know what they do". they didn't even reply to my mail, which i expected exclusive Nexus support.
15. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4166; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Yeah, Samsung has had a major problem with build quality lately... They need a new design team.
16. josephus (Posts: 1; Member since: 09 Oct 2012)
you do realize that N7 is Asus, not Samsung, right?
17. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4166; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Yeah, sorry, my mind was on the Galaxy Nexus for some reason
4. ZEUS.the.thunder.god (unregistered)
yeah cant wait it for my GneX. most probably build 5 of AOKP will have it:)
9. AppleHateBoy (unregistered)
The 4.1.1 update for SGS3 was just rolling out and Google released 4.1.2. Poor Samsung.
I believe Google should inform the manufacturers 4-5 weeks in advance if they are going to release a new version of Android.
10. The_Innovation (Posts: 585; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
Well the latest Nexus phones always gets the latest updates. Right now the Galaxy Nexus is the newest Nexus phone, so I'm waiting for this. Unless it's specifically for tablets? But no that leaked image of the LG Optimus Nexus shows 4.1.2.
5. Aaron_R96 (Posts: 198; Member since: 22 Jan 2012)
May sound like a stupid question, but if you have an AOSP supported phone (Xperia S in my case) does it have to be rooted in order to get AOSP updates?
8. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2693; Member since: 26 May 2011)
AOSP is just the open source repository and anything you find there would need to be compiled before it could be loaded onto your device. Nexus devices get the updates direct from Google. Because the Xperia S is only AOSP, you would have to be rooted and you would have to install ROMs made from the source by the community at XDA developers.
12. MobileCaseReview (Posts: 242; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Check out XDA, find out what they're offering in terms of roms at the moment. Plenty of devs are putting lots of work into supporting many platforms. Only way to find out is check.
13. ahhxd717 (Posts: 332; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
Well if this update does anything useful to my Galaxy Nexus, I hope they give it to us soon.
14. Raymond_htc (Posts: 430; Member since: 06 Apr 2012)
YES!! MY AOSP TABLET FINALLY WOULD HAVE AN UPDATE.
18. paulislegend (Posts: 42; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
Great... only 3 months till I get THIS update from Verizon...