Android 4.1.2 rolling out to Nexus devices and AOSP
0. phoneArena posted on 09 Oct 2012, 13:28
The newest version of Android is getting another bump today. Jelly Bean has gotten a bugfix pushing it to Android version 4.1.2. There have already been reports of the update rolling out to the Nexus 7, and the Android Development Team has said that the source code will be made available sometime today...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. aztaxia12295 posted on 09 Oct 2012, 13:32 8
DAMN, i bought rotation control just for that, now its gone to waste? nvm my nexus's usb port is screwed up and i cant charge it which means i cant use it. PLUS i cant find the box for my serial number, DAMN IT!
6. Seymur (unregistered) posted on 09 Oct 2012, 14:39 0
They built it very poorly, i broke everything of it. Well, accidentally.
7. crankyd00d posted on 09 Oct 2012, 14:47 7
You did pay only $200-$250 for it, so you guys should not expect a miracle of build quality
11. Seymur (unregistered) posted on 09 Oct 2012, 15:25 0
those dollars turns into euro in stores and that's not less money, at least for me. if Apple did that everyone woud be complaining about it "iSheep iBeep brainwash", when it's Google, "oh they know what they do". they didn't even reply to my mail, which i expected exclusive Nexus support.
15. Berzerk000 posted on 09 Oct 2012, 21:12 0
Yeah, Samsung has had a major problem with build quality lately... They need a new design team.
16. josephus posted on 09 Oct 2012, 23:44 2
you do realize that N7 is Asus, not Samsung, right?
17. Berzerk000 posted on 09 Oct 2012, 23:58 0
Yeah, sorry, my mind was on the Galaxy Nexus for some reason
4. ZEUS.the.thunder.god posted on 09 Oct 2012, 14:16 2
yeah cant wait it for my GneX. most probably build 5 of AOKP will have it:)
9. AppleHateBoy posted on 09 Oct 2012, 14:55 2
The 4.1.1 update for SGS3 was just rolling out and Google released 4.1.2. Poor Samsung.
I believe Google should inform the manufacturers 4-5 weeks in advance if they are going to release a new version of Android.
10. The_Innovation posted on 09 Oct 2012, 14:57 5
Well the latest Nexus phones always gets the latest updates. Right now the Galaxy Nexus is the newest Nexus phone, so I'm waiting for this. Unless it's specifically for tablets? But no that leaked image of the LG Optimus Nexus shows 4.1.2.
5. Aaron_R96 posted on 09 Oct 2012, 14:28 1
May sound like a stupid question, but if you have an AOSP supported phone (Xperia S in my case) does it have to be rooted in order to get AOSP updates?
8. MichaelHeller posted on 09 Oct 2012, 14:48 3
AOSP is just the open source repository and anything you find there would need to be compiled before it could be loaded onto your device. Nexus devices get the updates direct from Google. Because the Xperia S is only AOSP, you would have to be rooted and you would have to install ROMs made from the source by the community at XDA developers.
12. MobileCaseReview posted on 09 Oct 2012, 15:42 1
Check out XDA, find out what they're offering in terms of roms at the moment. Plenty of devs are putting lots of work into supporting many platforms. Only way to find out is check.
13. ahhxd717 posted on 09 Oct 2012, 18:40 0
Well if this update does anything useful to my Galaxy Nexus, I hope they give it to us soon.
14. Raymond_htc posted on 09 Oct 2012, 20:00 0
YES!! MY AOSP TABLET FINALLY WOULD HAVE AN UPDATE.
18. paulislegend posted on 10 Oct 2012, 08:52 0
Great... only 3 months till I get THIS update from Verizon...