Android 4.1.2 firmware leaks for the Galaxy S II, aimed at the impatient (video)
0. phoneArena posted on 16 Nov 2012, 04:26
Those of you with a Samsung Galaxy S II will rejoice at the news that the Android 4.1.2 update for their handset is knocking at the door. The firmware appeared for installation from the not-so-official XDA-Dev threads, and sports numerous enhancements besides Jelly Bean...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Non_Sequitur posted on 16 Nov 2012, 04:26 5 0
It better come to Sprint as well. Can't wait.
32. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 16 Nov 2012, 15:34 1 0
Right because HTC, LG, and Motorola are all working SO hard to release Jelly bean on their devices that are over a year old.
2. hateftotti posted on 16 Nov 2012, 04:52 8 0
I am really happy for S2 users.Now they can enjoy taste of Jelly Bean like me :)
Go Sammy. ..
3. anirudhshirsat97 posted on 16 Nov 2012, 05:02 1 10
Waiting For 4.2. JB Is Old News To Some.
14. anirudhshirsat97 posted on 16 Nov 2012, 06:04 0 1
I Meant To Say They Should Have Just Directly Skipped To 4.2. Rather Than Giving 4.1 And making Us Wait More For Further Updates. There Isn't Much Difference In 4.1 And 4.2, So It Shouldn't Be Difficult.
16. TROLL posted on 16 Nov 2012, 06:26 0 0
for very it is, for other's are awaiting. i'm on AOKP Baseband 9300DXLG2 with Siyah Kernels, running Ubuntu.
41. spideyhead256 posted on 20 Nov 2012, 02:05 0 0
4.2 was just released man.it can't just magically appear out of nowhere.their are alot of strings to these things.they'l have to port touchwiz on top of stock android and release it so soon? you want a buggy update? as it is i read somewhere that even the nexus devices are having issues with the recent 4.2 updates.
4. jove39 posted on 16 Nov 2012, 05:20 2 0
Thats great news...samsung is updating not so old phones to latest android version :)
5. josephnero posted on 16 Nov 2012, 05:24 3 0
oh man.i just swapped my S2 for a sensation.oh God why?
6. Adithya7184 posted on 16 Nov 2012, 05:34 10 1
swapped for sensation????....you are mad.....
9. josephnero posted on 16 Nov 2012, 05:37 6 0
was getting tired of Touchwiz.i know i know.facepalm
13. andro. posted on 16 Nov 2012, 05:52 7 0
If you were tired with touch wiz you could have easily just downloaded a different launcher from the market and had a different ui,there's so many options like go launcher,Nova launcher,apex launcher etc. You could even have put sense 4.0 theme ui on that s2 of yours!
15. josephnero posted on 16 Nov 2012, 06:08 3 0
i know.i never use stock launcher anyway.
20. thelegend6657 posted on 16 Nov 2012, 07:36 1 3
Yeah , i know how you feel , touchwiz 4 sucks !
The sensation dont have the best hardware , at least it has excellent software . Sense FTW !
30. PapaSmurf posted on 16 Nov 2012, 11:33 2 0
Sense 3.6 on the Sensation was laggy... I would know cause I had one.
I can't believe he switched a GSII for a Sensation..
31. thelegend6657 posted on 16 Nov 2012, 12:18 0 1
At least its a lot more beautiful than touchwiz .
Besides those f**kups at samsung decided that its okay to show SMS at the call logs . Seriously ? I dont see the point of that
18. half_21 posted on 16 Nov 2012, 07:06 7 0
seriously??for a sensation?? i just registered an account here just to reply on your comment...hahah! GO get your s2 back...^^haha!
28. thelegend6657 posted on 16 Nov 2012, 10:25 1 0
its about time HTC give the sensation line a little but of Jelly Bean + Sense 4+ love
35. PapaSmurf posted on 16 Nov 2012, 19:06 0 0
Sense 4+ is super HEAVY on RAM. There's no way the Sensation will handle it.
37. thelegend6657 posted on 16 Nov 2012, 20:28 0 0
Sensation has 768 a little less than 1GB on the One S or One S .
I tried out the Original Sensation its super laggy doesnt feel like a dual core but the XE version is kinda okay its as fast as the GS2 ,
Some say snapdragon S3 is terrible here in Malaysia our One S is powered by a 1.7GHZ snapdragon S3 and dont know why with the live wallpaper it feels more responsive than the One X . Thats very very weird .
HTC already stated that devices with 512MB ram wont get jellybean . So maybe HTC will go with Sense 3.7 ?
Why those f*ckups at HTC wants to fragment Sense with 2 versions in the 1st place ? But i still think the sensation will get Sense 4+ because the desire HD and incredible S both got updated to Sense 3.5 and 3.6 respectively although launching with sense 2
8. Adithya7184 posted on 16 Nov 2012, 05:35 3 2
to those who all are calling samsung is poor in device updates......i think this news is enough for them.....go sammy.....
10. chaoticrazor posted on 16 Nov 2012, 05:48 1 2
wouldnt go that far, this doesnt suddenly mean there great at updates
please leave the fanboy stuff off here.
33. RORYREVOLUTION posted on 16 Nov 2012, 15:42 1 0
No but it shows that they are trying to make a change and showing examples of why they are the number 1 android maker.
34. chaoticrazor posted on 16 Nov 2012, 15:47 0 0
number 1 android maker, 100% right they are
but this cheering ''go sammy'' blah blah just too fanboy plus the fact he thought this in some way meant samsung are now excellent with updates
12. thelegend6657 posted on 16 Nov 2012, 05:52 2 0
Now the GS2 have the newest version of touchwiz and jelly bean , its about time HTC give the sensation line a little but of Jelly Bean + Sense 4+ love
19. g2a5b0e posted on 16 Nov 2012, 07:06 0 0
HTC has already stated that all of their phones with 512MB RAM will not be getting Jellybean. They haven't said for sure, but I highly doubt their 768MB RAM phones will be getting any love either.
21. thelegend6657 posted on 16 Nov 2012, 07:38 1 0
The HTC One V deserve to get it in my opinion .
If 512MB ram will not get , then HTC must be focusing on 768mb ram devices
26. g2a5b0e posted on 16 Nov 2012, 09:51 1 0
I don't think the One V deserves it. No one should ever buy a low-end phone expecting to get an update.
27. thelegend6657 posted on 16 Nov 2012, 10:24 0 1
Hello ? Its part of the one series and its midrange not low end like the Explorer , wildfire
29. g2a5b0e posted on 16 Nov 2012, 10:29 1 0
Eh. I would say low to mid. Either way, Android phones were getting 512MB RAM in 2010. Not gonna cut it in 2012 & beyond.
36. thelegend6657 posted on 16 Nov 2012, 20:20 0 0
The price of the One V is RM999
Compared with Galaxy Y rm400 and Explorer rm500 , Desire C rm799 .
For comparison One S is rm1499 and One X is rm1799
23. Valdomero posted on 16 Nov 2012, 07:57 0 0
This is my first time to attempt to flash a phone, question: My GS2 baseband's version is I9100XXKG1, the post states it is for I9100XXLSJ firmware as well as the download page, can anyone help me with this?
Should I remove the SD card before I flash my phone?
I'm pretty scared to brick the phone or to erase all the data in the SD card.
39. Ivan6479 posted on 17 Nov 2012, 01:05 0 0
Very nice!! I wonder if us guys in the US will finally get NFC capabilities. Sure hope so.
40. Kronic (banned) posted on 17 Nov 2012, 04:08 0 0
NFC is hardware related. You can't add NFC using software. Your phone must have an NFC chip.