Android 4.1.2 ROM leaks out for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 bringing funky new ink effect
0. phoneArena 20 Nov 2012, 06:11 posted on
The Samsung Galaxy Note 2, a 5.5-inch crossover device between a phone and a tablet, is getting a newer and fresher flavor of Jelly Bean…
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. hateftotti (Posts: 195; Member since: 03 May 2011)
WoW.Some new features on my lovely phone ;)
16. PhenomFaz (Posts: 1235; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Can this most awesomest phone get even more awesomer??!!!
Note 2 is the best device I have ever come across...period!
21. IHateApple (banned) (Posts: 122; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Why not? Bump the resolution to 1080p and you have a 400 ppi screen. Probably a better camera. Option to disable capactive touch while using the stylus.
2. eisenbricher (Posts: 973; Member since: 09 Aug 2012)
Sammy, you are so clever! Other companies should take a lesson from them. They are one of the most customer friendly bunch of people. Not in the past, but now they are for sure.
3. frydaexiii (Posts: 1429; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
Wow, Samsung is on a roll here, no doubt the best smartphone maker around, both in hardware & software.
4. doejon (Posts: 398; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
i love my note 2 :D 4days and 3minutes battery a dream came true :D
17. doejon (Posts: 398; Member since: 31 Jul 2012)
i have just only 1 complain . i cant move apps to my external sdcard :-(
5. OHaZZaR (Posts: 131; Member since: 19 Aug 2011)
Awesome! Now if they'd get that feature on the original note, that'd be great. Although getting jelly bean might be asking a little too much.
19. OHaZZaR (Posts: 131; Member since: 19 Aug 2011)
Already doing so. Patiently I might add :P
7. redmd (Posts: 1250; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
I want to customize the notification bar like the optimus UI has.
9. edgabimbam (unregistered)
i have flashed this firmware and i can say, good job sammy.
Stable, so far no bugs, nice new features like:
Brightness slider can be disabled
at camera settings you can ” Use the volume key as”
new camera mod "in low light"
notification bar can be edited
ink efects with spen on lockscreen
group cast, google earth installed by default
you can disable multiview
status bar now is totally black, not grey
browser smoother, no more refreshes of bookmarks
hmmm need more time to explore this 4.1.2 sexy update :)
11. edgabimbam (unregistered)
forgot to add, quadrant score 7100~
18. Twisted247 (Posts: 282; Member since: 12 Oct 2012)
overclocked... Cause I dont see a simple android update pushing it up a 1000 points in quadrant
12. jcurran76 (Posts: 5; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
My last 5 phones have been Samsungs. And now I have the Note 2 . Other companies would have to seriously pick up in features for me to switch . I am a very peased customer !!!
14. twens (Posts: 961; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
just installed mine. quadrant score is now between 7120 and 7310. almost close to optimus G if am right. the official release would be dope. samsung is really working on software now. android just needs to be optimized more and trust me with the current hardwares it will be flawless.
15. THETECHTEAM (Posts: 82; Member since: 12 Dec 2011)
Getting My NOTE 2 in a couple of days i pre ordered mines with Verizon
20. galaxys2dan (Posts: 1; Member since: 21 Nov 2012)
Just got note 2 from att. I look forward to multiview! To install the new software do I need to root my phone? I downloaded the three files referenced but when i click them nothing happens. What do I do after downloading the files to get update?
22. mil086 (Posts: 1; Member since: 29 Nov 2012)
I am new to the rooting ARENA and am wondering if this rom will work on a t-mobile usa GN2 (sgh-t889)? Can any one tell me or will all roms be just for the one that ppl specify? Thx