Android 4.1.1 now getting pushed to HSPA+ Samsung GALAXY Nexus
0. phoneArena 10 Jul 2012, 21:11 posted on
The international version of the Samsung GALAXY Nexus is the same HSPA+ enabled version sold in the Google Play Store and is currently getting an update to Android 4.1.1; the update will push out the same software version (build JRO03C) used for the Google Nexus 7 tablet...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Mitchel (Posts: 228; Member since: 25 May 2012)
Samsung Galaxy S3 with Jellybean will fly..
4. testman22 (Posts: 337; Member since: 03 Nov 2009)
yea, but by the time it comes out the S4 will be released
7. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9840; Member since: 14 May 2012)
It's already super fast and will only get faster. I just hope Samsung releases the update soon.
26. tech-head (Posts: 132; Member since: 02 Sep 2011)
Not necessarily. I thought my Galaxy S2 would fly with ICS when really its about the same.
2. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
they should support motorola more instead of samsung or htc... because its there company now! samsung and htc can survive without google's help!
i hope the next nexus device will be made by motorola! with a very tough built!! it will sell hot like pancakes!!!
9. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9840; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Or ASUS since they just made a Nexus Tablet....
13. SlimSoulja86 (Posts: 650; Member since: 03 Nov 2011)
How can they survive without google's help, when they are running google's OS? Just a bit perplexed about that statement
3. gallitoking (Posts: 4704; Member since: 17 May 2011)
So question fandroids... is the VZW device a nexus or a verizon nexus?...
5. eDiesel (Posts: 141; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by switching to geico.
8. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9840; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Since vita under a carrier and not unlocked, it's "Verizon Nexus." Sucks that they have to wait. But why wait when the point of getting a Nexus is to root it as soon as you get it?
10. kingpet13 (Posts: 139; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
Sadly, it has become a verizon nexus. I bought my Cdma galaxy nexus believing it was a true nexus, but as I learned more about verizon and the tech world I realized it was not. The carriers have used their power to delay updates that could hurt them at all. That is the main thing that I respect in apple, that they fought the carriers. Apple controlled the Iphone not att or vzw. Even though I love google and am a phandroid, I am disappointed by their failure to use their power to create a true nexus through vzw.
12. azri05 (unregistered)
I never had jelly bean literally. How does it taste like?
14. script_writer (banned) (Posts: 56; Member since: 27 Jun 2012)
GOOD!!! Been waiting since the nexus 7 got annouced!!!
27. script_writer (banned) (Posts: 56; Member since: 27 Jun 2012)
still waiting... its driving me insane!!! am on three mobile in the uk. anyone else on my network had the OTA yet?
16. script_writer (banned) (Posts: 56; Member since: 27 Jun 2012)
probably........eventully. have you even received ICS yet? cos some SGS2 users havnt yet
18. iSometimes (Posts: 47; Member since: 16 Feb 2011)
I got ICS on my Galaxy S II (AT&T) the day before Google I/O. T-Mobile users already had it and Sprint is apparently getting it tomorrow (July 12th). We'll see about JB...I certainly doubt it.
20. Aeires (unregistered)
There's no reason it shouldn't, the specs on the S2 are better than the GNex. I would be surprised if it did get JB though, carriers are barely paying attention to the S2 right now, let alone a year from now.
Maybe XDA or AOKP will keep up with it, hopefully anyway.
17. iSometimes (Posts: 47; Member since: 16 Feb 2011)
Why haven't I gotten it yet? D:
"Your system is currently up to date"...uh, no the f*** it ain't! >.< LOL
19. script_writer (banned) (Posts: 56; Member since: 27 Jun 2012)
i know mate!!! im in the same bout as you......repeatly tapping 'check now' every minute.
21. Aeires (unregistered)
I find myself doing the same with my GNex. I'll admit it, I'm a tech nerd.