Android 4.1 for Sony Xperia TX brings special Sony features
0. phoneArena 29 Mar 2013, 00:52 posted on
Those with the Sony Xperia TX are in the midst of getting updated to Android 4.1 to which we say, congratulations because not only will you be getting the great Google 'stuff' like Project Butter and Google Now, you phone will also be receiving a number of cool Sony features as well; it's the fun and excitement of being the owner of an Android phone getting upgraded to Jelly Beans...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. pritam.paul.360 (Posts: 12; Member since: 14 Feb 2013)
haven't got the update yet. tried through PC Companion as well as OTA! :-/
2. XPERIA-KNIGHT (Posts: 2375; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
PA let us know how the camera holds up after the update!
4. pritam.paul.360 (Posts: 12; Member since: 14 Feb 2013)
yeah, the indoor performance of the camera is awful in one word! although outdoor shots seemed better than the Galaxy S3 to me! so yeah, I'm also interested to see about the camera.
7. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
Better than S3?
Samdung fan detected.
11. pritam.paul.360 (Posts: 12; Member since: 14 Feb 2013)
having used a samsung phone doesn't mean that i'm a samsung fanboy! actually i hated the galaxy s3 for many reasons. and i luv my TX which i'm using right now! so pls, don't be such judgmental.
3. Nimit_Desai (Posts: 18; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Sony always sucks at updates...either they should solve their problems with updates or should sell rooted phones so anyone could add whatever features they want with the help of custom mods....anyway I never feel left behind for updates coz sammy is blazing fast in giving updates....running 4.1.2 jelly on my note 2 from December last year while sony owners still waiting....
6. Shubham412302 (Posts: 276; Member since: 09 Nov 2011)
they must not sell rooted phones but atleast phones with unlocked bootloader like samsung.
12. pritam.paul.360 (Posts: 12; Member since: 14 Feb 2013)
and you were saying that i used to be a samsung fan?
13. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
15. rgxVOiD (Posts: 420; Member since: 30 Aug 2012)
You can unlock bootloader day one when you buy Sony phones. In their developers blog they have the instruction on how to do it
8. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
They are still better than LG in updates.
9. aokde (Posts: 184; Member since: 09 Jul 2012)
PA get your facts right. you were able to create folders in sony's phones since gingerbread, the walkman and album app were in ICS already, and you also were able to drag drop apps into the home screens...
10. TROLL (banned) (Posts: 4851; Member since: 13 Apr 2012)
Great news for T&TX users! JB 4.1.2
14. ludegmo (Posts: 14; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
I dont know if jellybean will make it a little beareble but this is gonna be my last xperia phone. The thing is im so dissapointed with it that i may even consider going back to an iphone