Android 4.1 coming next week to Motorola DROID RAZR HD and Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD
0. phoneArena 30 Nov 2012, 15:13 posted on
According to Verizon, the Motorola DROID RAZR HD and the Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD will both be getting their Jelly Bean update to Android 4.1; the OTA update will bring software version 9.1.41.XT926.Verizon.en.US to the two handsets...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
18. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 11391; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
No they aren't. They denied the update to all 2011 phones. It's only a matter of time before they stop updating these phones as well. I don't suspect 4.2 coming at all.
24. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
away with you troll. you have nothing to back up your claims which means you wasted your time with that post. go ahead, prove me wrong, i really doubt you will.
33. metalpoet (unregistered)
For once Mxyzptlk we actually agree. in 2001 i had the DROID X and the DROID 3 and was denied all the cool stuff that other phones had, i finally get a samsung galaxy s3 a month ago and now Motorola decides to give jellybeen to its newest devices and im left wondering when verizon/samsung will allow its customers to have jellybean! ugh !:(
34. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
the Droid X got 2 major upgrades guy and as unfortunate as it was that the Droid 3 didn't get ICS it just didn't have the amount of RAM Moto would want for it to run their version of ICS on. there's a perfectly stable build of CM9 available for the Droid 3 that is actually pretty great anyway. the Bionic, the Razrs and the Droid 4 have all been well supported, they're from 2011 and have good hardware. the Atrix and the Photon just don't have the hardware to support newer versions of Android, even Samsung just eeked out ICS for their highly popular Galaxy Tab 10.1 and very, very recently the Tab 8.9 which uses the same hardware as the phones Moto denied updates for in 2011 so don't listen to that Troll, he has no idea what he's talking about.
35. metalpoet (unregistered)
still sucks that my DROID 3 was kinda left in the dust lol. the moto razr hd and hd maxx are good devices but maybe if they continue to improve their devices in a year or so then ill switch back.
36. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
that's fair. if you still have your Droid 3 get Safestrap on there and load up some custom ROM's! i had a Droid 3 and i loved it. i would love to have one as a backup with CM9 or something on it. maybe there's even a good CM10 or a AOKP JB build available for it. o:
40. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i know that. that's because it has an OMAP4 instead of a Tegra II.
2. roscuthiii (Posts: 2190; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
Nice, VZW/Moto finally with timely updates.
Wonder if the earlier non-HD Razrs will see some JB love though...
23. kanagadeepan (Posts: 911; Member since: 24 Jan 2012)
I hope they will bring 4.1 to OG Razr/MAXX.. But may NOT bring 4.2, imho. But its OK, ProjectButter + GoogleNOW is the most needed thing and gesture-typing in 4.2 will never be missed as OG Razr/MAXX comes with swype pre-installed...
25. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
4.2 is incremental. the OG Razr variants, the Bionic and the Droid 4 will get 4.2.
37. Sparhawk (Posts: 75; Member since: 10 Mar 2012)
Motorola has already announced that the OG Razr & Maxx will get 4.1. (https://forums.motorola.com/pa
ges/00add97d6c): "ICS Upgrade (Android 4.0.4) rollout began in June 2012. Will be upgraded to Jelly Bean (Android 4.1)". They just haven't said when.
3. MalakiMills (Posts: 257; Member since: 15 Jun 2010)
Hopefully this is what google can start to do with Motorola. Should be some great things to look forward to from here on.
5. switza93 (Posts: 19; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
On 8.7 rating for Droid Razr MAXX HD? woww iPhonearena...
8. Izzy_V (Posts: 216; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
That's what happens when someone copy+pastes a half-baked review and expects a .2 difference to suffice for those that know the Razr Maxx HD deserves a higher score than the Razr HD which deserves at least a 9 itself. He also expected that adding the note at the top of the Razr Maxx HD review to explain why he gave it such a close rating was enough lol.
19. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 11391; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
This article has nothing to do with the iPhone.
6. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
So will my og RAZR get jelly bean for Christmas?
7. christianqwerty (Posts: 467; Member since: 05 May 2011)
Still waiting for S3 at&t update. >. >
9. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
4.2.1 is already out, with 4.2 JB available on XDA for many phones, including the captivate
12. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
why does that matter here?
is there a 4.2 ROM for the HD? all i've found is Virtuous and a CM10 Unofficial Early Alpha Build which are both 4.1 based. o:
20. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
It always matters - who cares when an update arrives as long as Google releases them. Phonearena did not even mention the 4.2.1 update. Go to XDA to solve the problem of not getting an update from your carrier/OEM.
26. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
it's a suggestible course of action but not an automatic one. information about these updates are still important even though there are some of us that went ahead with the third party fix. besides like i said even though we have a Dev Model and a Safestrap Recovery for the Razr HD we only have 2 ROM's right now and one isn't even daily driver material yet. remember it's the holidays and a new version of Android was just released. i doubt development is real high for this phone at the moment but after the holidays we should see it pick up.
10. Non_Sequitur (Posts: 1111; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
Wow, from what I've been seeing, VZW is doing better with the updates on newer phones. They could still make it better, but give them some credit. lol
11. xmusicianguy (Posts: 96; Member since: 13 Jul 2011)
I must be one of the FEW that don't want the JB update on my Razr Maxx HD. Unless it fixes the camera and other HW/SW issues I'm happy on ICS. I actually block the updates from even hitting my phone.
13. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
why? if you're happy on ICS you'll be happier on JB. it doesn't hurt anything to update.
14. xmusicianguy (Posts: 96; Member since: 13 Jul 2011)
I tried the leaked JB and it just seemed harder to use. Plus (another first) I can't stand the Google Now. I like the current google search because I can disable the auto search results and suggestions. I don't like them, Now doesn't offer such an option.
27. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
you can opt out of Now from the get-go when it asks you. JB isn't really that much different from ICS in terms of usability. i don't understand where you're coming from one bit.
21. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Try this ROM - look for CyanCore 1.4 - great battery life - camera works - very speedy and data works fine:
28. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5711; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
this is for the OG variants NOT the HD variants.
15. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
I LOVE UPDATES AND I LOVE THIS NEW COMMENT THING!
16. wendygarett (unregistered)
Not surprising that American company update America region's first... Good job moto :)
17. jphillips63 (Posts: 218; Member since: 04 Jan 2012)
Yea I'm happy I just moved from the HTC Rezound to the RMHD a couple days ago. Now if I can only get this simple root figured out I'd be much happier
22. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
More news on Android updates for motorola:
30. hutty24 (Posts: 84; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
31. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4273; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Dang Moto, you really are on top of updates. At this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if the OG Droid Razr got 4.2, though it would be understandable if it didn't.
32. Xquisite (Posts: 87; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
I'm still waiting for it on my GS3 and these phones get it before me? f**k Verizon.
39. switza93 (Posts: 19; Member since: 26 Nov 2012)
I hate verizon, but its Samsung's fault not Verizons
41. molanjames (banned) (Posts: 80; Member since: 11 Oct 2012)
Here we go again with all of the waiting and the rumors on when this will happen