Android 4.1 Jelly Bean vs iOS 6 vs Windows Phone 8 get compared again
0. phoneArena 06 Jul 2012, 02:44 posted on
It is a pretty neat way to see who supports (or doesn't) what, and by the looks of it, Android seems to be the most feature-laden and flexible from all the latest mobile OS iterations. Some areas where it needs apps to do the task compared to the others still exist, of course, yet with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean the little green robot seems to have grown up to a teen Terminator...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
45. networkdood (Posts: 6330; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
Wow, I wish I never read this article - way too many mistakes - my college professor would have flunked me in English class if I had written this.
46. zhypher_23 (Posts: 195; Member since: 04 Jun 2012)
That is not true! "Find My Phone Service Android-No" Android does have an app for this, and has way more many features compared to the other two's find my phone service.
61. microsoftnokiawin (Posts: 1178; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
it's Xbox music ow Zune went bye bye
53. ILikeBubbles (Posts: 525; Member since: 17 Jan 2011)
i have a hard time believing that android is "prone to malware", with linux... the level of rights you have trusts the user. it's more like.. "prone to stupid people" and you can't hold that against the os xD
55. carlos5593 (Posts: 27; Member since: 23 Jun 2012)
Whoever made this, knows nothing about android 4.1
59. Evil_SaNz (Posts: 259; Member since: 20 Oct 2011)
For Android Wi fi sync is up to the manufacturer, Samsung has Kies Air for example, and it's stock.
60. greatGreekGeek (unregistered)
i'm not too fond of the way notifications are displayed in wp7. ms shoud've done something with that in wp8...
66. haseebzahid (Posts: 1853; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
thats ur thiking othervise anyone who owned it love the way it is
64. amish1512 (Posts: 28; Member since: 07 Jun 2012)
iOS has 4 "NO"
jelly bean 4.1 has 9 "NO"
windows 8 has 7 "NO"
now u guys decide which one is better and which one is worst
73. ncoder (Posts: 16; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
"which one is worst" : You are :P
At least you should read some post above yours that clarify how wrong this chart is ;)
67. rahillio (Posts: 2; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
See this review and a classic iOS vs Android@@@@@@@
It is truth...Only fandroids/Mindless people will say that that was not good and real@
71. ncoder (Posts: 16; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
LOL. This is the type of biased comparison you bring here? come on :)
There are a lot of cool things in iOS indeed, but most statements are completelly wrong or exaggerated from someone that is not familiar with Android at all.
1. "Siri advancements(Book movie tickets,book restaurants,find them,ask anything about your favourite sport,tweet by speaking/update FB status by speaking,ask weather,ask any questions,eyes free,Siri is much more international and etc etc)Android is not even near." Have you heard about Google Now? Do you really want to compare this one?
2. "Facebook integration in iOS 6 is far far better than on any Android phones present" uh? better how?
3. "Passbook is far far better,easy and simple than Google wallet which is present in limited countries and carriers.It automatically pops up with our tickets and passes when we reach respective places" Do you really know what Google Wallet is? Passbook vs Google wallet + other NFC payment methods avaliable on Android is not really comparable ;)
4. "Phone app advancements(Remind me later,Do not disturb etc) are way better than androids.Remind me later is just fantastic". Are these advancements? had this on my 8 year old windows mobile :P Anyhow, if these are the advancements you say are "way better" than android (LOL) , don't really know android frequent vast enhancements at all :)
5. "Facetime over cellular is just awesome. Android users have to use third-party apps but not the case for apple.Also,they unified our Apple ID and phone number,so we can pick up facetime call/iMessage on any other iDevice too(where is android?)" LOL - Google+ or even Google Talk :P (do we really want to compare features here? LOL)
6. "Safari Advancements(iCloud tabs feature is just awesome,Smart App banners too is a very good feature for developers having websites,upload photos from safari to websites,sharing options to our favourite places,full screen support on landscape on iPhone and etc etc). Where is android's unnamed browser?" You should know Chrome, right? again: wanna compare? LOL - BTW: DO you have Flash player? LOL
7. "Shared photostreams(No such feature on android without those sucking third-party apps) lets you share photos to your friends,allows comments,it is visible to everyone(Windows etc etc),over airplay etc etc." The author of this statement doesn't deserve any comment on this one - clearly not familiar with (much better) Google plus or a lot of apps that do the same thing on Android :P
8. "Mail enhancements(VIPs&Flagged inboxes,notification for VIP&Flagged messages right on the lockscreen and notification centre,insert photos and videos very easily in mail,pull to refresh,open password protected office docs and etc etc.)" LOL! So... Finally iOS is catching up? LOL (have you heard about google priority inbox, labels, etc...)
9. "Guided Access(Really helpful which is not in android)." Are you sure is not in Android? LOL come on... this is becoming ridiculous...
72. ncoder (Posts: 16; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
10. "Maps app of Apple is far far more beautiful,easy to use and has many better features than current Google Maps app.Flyover is just and just awesome." LOL! You're so cute :) "Maps app of Apple is far far more beautiful" you're far away from the features available on Google earth + Google Maps. Just investigate please ;)
11. BLA BLA BLA ... "Apple rocks!" Glad it rocks for you ;) It's a bit "limited " for some of us, but, feel free to enjoy your fruity device ;)
74. _real (Posts: 1; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
I'm not gonna lie, this is some outdated stuff, and some of the "factoids" imply opinion. Hell, one of the comments listed a link to a more accurate load of crap and that was hella opinionated. so there's a reason why theres less traffic here