Android 4.1 Jelly Bean hits AOSP today
0. phoneArena 09 Jul 2012, 19:28 posted on
If you're part of the Android mod community, or just a dev who likes to play around with new stuff, you'd better get ready because Google is about to release the source code for Android 4.1 Jelly Bean into the Android Open Source Project repo...
This is a discussion for a news. To read the whole news, click here
1. Twitch016 (Posts: 23; Member since: 26 Jan 2012)
I dare to dream that even the Verizon update can come at a reasonable time if 4.1 is already on AOSP. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't this mean that this means that the software is ready and would merely need approval?
3. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2686; Member since: 26 May 2011)
That is true, but as we saw with 4.0.4, that carrier testing and approval could take as long as 2-3 months.
4. OptimusOne (Posts: 694; Member since: 22 May 2012)
That's messed up
Lol of bet my phone will have jelly bean port before nexus gets it on Verizon
6. remixfa (Posts: 14080; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
yea my guess is 2 months before any updates are announced and probably fall/xmas at the earliest for phones to ship with it.
I bet XDA has a working port in... ooh.... about now...
they cyanogen mod said they will be doing the update immediately and pushing out CM11 (or was it 10? ) as soon as its ready to rock.
7. Mark.J.Linskiy (unregistered)
CM 10 is Jelly Bean (4.1).
9. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4342; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I already have Android 4.1 Jelly Bean. The Google Now is super sweet & I can't wait until the FULL AOSP 4.1.1 hits. They are saying the next release of Jelly Belly ROM which is 2.7 will be the FULL AOSP ROM. That should be released tonight or tomorrow at best.
Thank you root community.
8. readingthissh1t (Posts: 303; Member since: 20 Jul 2011)
if your running cdma and expect the latest and greatest, root, load up a jb rom. or wait 2-3 months for the same thing approved by verizon.
2. cepcamba (Posts: 717; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
I wonder why my parents didn't name me Jean-Baptiste, sounds pretty slick.
10. Dj21o (Posts: 437; Member since: 19 May 2011)
Check the threads at XDA. Last time I checked you can just flash over the zip file that contains the Google Now feature. XDA is the bomb.
11. xumaa (Posts: 6; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
I am on UMTS, i will have Jelly Bean soon on my GNex? please help